Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Results 2,401 to 2,417 of 2417
    mtbr member
    Burizado, with your inseam I would go with the 20. The 22 would be in your crotch if you slipped off the bike and werenít on flat ground. I have a longer inseam, 35 maybe even 36, and I am pretty comfortable but I could easily have gone with the 20 and been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Awesome! Thanks for the info Smithe! Pulled the trigger on the 20" just now!

...now the waiting game begins!

mtbr member
    I think you will like it, I am really liking mine, canít wait for the snow flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hey guys! This thread has me thinking long and hard about getting one of these. I am no stranger to fat bikes as I used to own a Surly Ice Cream Truck. I loved fat biking but I had a kid on the way and a house to buy so I sold it and now my main ride is a Redline Monocog 29er. I love the Monocog but I am considering selling it to get one of these as my one bike for year round riding. I will probably run it singlespeed during the nicer months and then during the beautiful Minnesota winters i will put the gears back on it. Has anyone tried this cassette or another one like it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F3HKHP1...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    I had 1x10 with a 42t granny gear on my Surly and it proved itself very necessary when the snow was deep and soft. I don't mind having an 8 speed drivetrain (especially since it will be mainly a winter thing) but if I can get more range out of it that would be great.

Also what size is the seatpost on these bikes? Is it 27.2? The bikes direct site doesn't say specifically.

Thanks! Eric

mtbr member
    I just went with one of these big 8 speed cassettes when I was needing to replace my cassette anyway. The jumps between gears is definitely noticeably bigger, but that great-grandmother of a granny gear is nice to have when you need it. I won't go back to the smaller cassette.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Seatpost is 27.2 diameter

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketexmex View Post
    I just went with one of these big 8 speed cassettes when I was needing to replace my cassette anyway. The jumps between gears is definitely noticeably bigger, but that great-grandmother of a granny gear is nice to have when you need it. I won't go back to the smaller cassette.
    Yeah i don't mind the big jumps between gears. I don't shift often anyways being a singlespeeder 98% of the time I tend to mash the pedals rather than spin but having the bail-out gear is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JPmtb View Post
    Seatpost is 27.2 diameter
    Excellent thanks!

lumen junkie
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketexmex View Post
    14" frame is the right size. I'm about 5'6" and it works for me. I have not installed a ten speed yet but I could
    Is there enough seatpost on the 14" to fit someone 5'8"? I'm looking to get one that my wife and I can both ride. Thx.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_SC View Post
    Is there enough seatpost on the 14" to fit someone 5'8"? I'm looking to get one that my wife and I can both ride. Thx.
    There is plenty of seat post left for me, but the 14Ē will probably be on the smaller side for you. Youíre probably the upper limit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anyone see this yet? I think it is fairly new since I've been on the website almost daily checking for a 22" burnt orange:

Gravity 2019 Bullseye MonsterFIVE
    FIVE INCH Tires Fit* Fat Bikes

There is also an "X" version with 1x10 and I'm assuming upgraded components, and a "FS" version with front suspension.

Now the decision to wait until October for the regular GBM, or go with the 5" version now for $200 more.....

mtbr member
    May 2016
    watts888

I've been riding the amazon air fork for about a year now and can report that it is still working great! I'd post a pic from my recent ride in CO but since the last time i posted, the pics process has gone mandarin. at any rate i am highly satisfied with the purchase. a lot of cheaper air forks reviews report issues at colder temps. i rode consistently through the colder months (granted im in TN and the coldest ride would have been in the 30s F) and only had issues once. perhaps storing my mike inside makes a difference. here is the fork i bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mtbr member
    Just a head up from todayís ride. I ride some seriously chunky dirt due to cow post holes and cracking / upheaval. I was bombing down a chunky dH section and heard a weird ďpingĒ. I finished off a few more turns and I could tel something was up.

Inspecting the bike showed the rear QR had completely popped loose the wheel was only in the dropouts due to the weight.

This could have been disastrous. I had just recently did a 100% check so this wasnít something I hadnít checked lately. I cinched it up and finished my ride with no issues, but might be worth a warning to others.

The QRs donít look chintzy but they also donít look high end. I might go pick up a rear quality one just for piece of mind.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    That could have been bad! Out of the whole gbem, the rear qr has been my main concern, wish it was 177 ta. I ride everything from trails to jumps and light dh. Maybe time to grab a hope or salsa qr. Anyone upgrade this part? Suggestions?

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I have never had a problem with the QRs on my GBM, but I had a similar problem with the rear Maxle on my HAL Boost TEAM 27.5+. I fixed it by using a sturdy zip-tie through the hole in the end of the lever and around one of the rear triangle members to keep the lever from popping up for whatever reason. No problems with this fix so far. For what it may be worth.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017

Mastodon on the Monster

Finally got the 120 mastodon pro installed. The knob on the right was just hitting the downtube, I went from zs/zs headset to to a cane creek angleset with an ec lower. The stack height gave the clearance needed, and the adjustable cup raked the head angle out 1.5 degrees. Rides great, Love how plush the fork is, the h/a from the angleset also made the bike more stable at speed (and my toes dont hit the tire anymore lol).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gravity Bullseye Monster-fb_img_1537900661007.jpg  

Gravity Bullseye Monster-fb_img_1537900656606.jpg  

Gravity Bullseye Monster-fb_img_1537900643874.jpg  

Gravity Bullseye Monster-fb_img_1537900650248.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks sharp!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Pulled the trigger on a 22" GBM5. Pre-order says it ships Oct 15th to Nov 15th. Will post pics once put together. So much harder waiting a month than the normal 7 days for bikes in stock.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425