Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The bottle holder is so far forward your knees never come close. Maybe if you're as tall as Shaq you might have a problem, but I'm 6'2" and the regular (18") frame feels great. However, I have a short inseam (30") for my height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've made the decision to buy another Rocker. I am interested in adding the following to it for spring time.

Rear fender to protect my arse from dirt so I arrive to my destinations in style of course

A rear rack for light grocery runs. Or as I like to call it my excuse to go for a ride because "we NEED that pack of cookies hunn"

An under top tube or bottom tube bag to hold some tools and more goodies like my Chapstick. I am addicted to Chapstick.

I'd also like to do something rad and drill into the top tube and make an upright coffee/water/beer holder.

^^^nevermind Giant already took care of that one
    All you have to do when you fall is to get back up

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I started watching this forum in October 2015 and joined in November.

Like everything else it cost me money!

On the other hand the Rocker looks better in my home than in the shop. We rode around the village this afternoon until the wife got cold.

Got lots of stares and quite a few compliments. One woman said she was tempted to make me an offer!

The rack is an Axiom Flatliner. I weighed it in a crude fashion. I stood on the scales to see what I weighed, then picked up the bike. If there is any accuracy using that method she weighs 37.8 pounds.

Giant Fatty For 0-img_5470.jpg
    Giant Fatty For 0-img_5472.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by demonbydesign View Post
    An under top tube or bottom tube bag to hold some tools and more goodies like my Chapstick. I am addicted to Chapstick.
    Will an "under top tube" bag fit the wide top tube? I have been thinking about one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Gypsy View Post
    I started watching this forum in October 2015 and joined in November.

Like everything else it cost me money!

On the other hand the Rocker looks better in my home than in the shop. We rode around the village this afternoon until the wife got cold.

Got lots of stares and quite a few compliments. One woman said she was tempted to make me an offer!

The rack is an Axiom Flatliner. I weighed it in a crude fashion. I stood on the scales to see what I weighed, then picked up the bike. If there is any accuracy using that method she weighs 37.8 pounds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5470.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	1039683
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5472.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	1039684
    So nice looking! CONGRATS!!! I take full credit LOL!

Love the rack and lights. I know in the short time I had mine the amount of double takes and compliments was awesome. It's like being a bike rock star!

I'll be ordering another soon, once I have the money back in my account when I return the Vinson.

As for the under top tube bag, I was going to just ask my LBS when I go to order mine so I'm not sure, yet I imagine something will work that's out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    So nice looking! CONGRATS!!! I take full credit LOL!

Love the rack and lights. I know in the short time I had mine the amount of double takes and compliments was awesome. It's like being a bike rock star!

I'll be ordering another soon, once I have the money back in my account when I return the Vinson.

As for the under top tube bag, I was going to just ask my LBS when I go to order mine so I'm not sure, yet I imagine something will work that's out there.
    LOL. I'll give you 89.7% of the credit! bigdhusker and a couple others helped me make the decision as well.

Please let me know what you learn about the bag. I am hoping to use this as a second vehicle and will need a bag.

BTW, when we arrived at the lbs the owner had not put the 32T chainring on yet. I told him to forget it because I wanted to try the stock gearing first.

After riding the Rocker around the village I can not imagine needing lower gearing than it already has. I won't be riding in snow because it rarely snows here!

Thanks to you & everyone else who helped me make the decision to buy the Rocker.

Now if y'all can help me explain the need to purchase a new bike to my wife...

mtbr member
    Hehe I'm super happy for you my man! Seems this forum actually served you well...except it cost you some coin but hey! lol

I'll definitely let you know about the bag once I find out! Congrats again on a super fun, super good looking, and useful bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hehe I'm super happy for you my man! Seems this forum actually served you well...except it cost you some coin but hey! lol

I'll definitely let you know about the bag once I find out! Congrats again on a super fun, super good looking, and useful bike!
    Thank you Sir. You are correct, the forum has served me well AND cost me some coin!

I always research anything as much as I can, and yes that includes asking some stupid questions. But we all have to start somewhere, eh?

Get your new Rocker as soon as you can Sir. That way we can compare upgrades & add-ons!

Joking aside this bike is impressive and I am really liking it. I am amazed with the factory gears. Dang, this thing is geared low!

I always thought my Trek mtn bike was geared low. It only took me about 5 blocks to realize the Rocker is geared even lower.

I like it!

mtbr member
    Your welcome my new friend for any help I actually was.

My Vinson is due to arrive this coming Friday. Once it arrives I am immediately taking it to Sports Authority and returning it. I've decided I do not need to have it assembled as I already sat on one and it's just will not fit my purposes (ie Wheelies and comfort cruising, plus trail rides for exercise). This Tuesday I will contact the lbs where I purchased my first Rocker and place a down payment on one so that they can order it. The last time it only took 2 days to arrive. I'll also talk to them about a fender and/or rack. Fender rack perhaps?

Let me get this correct, your saying it's geared too low meaning it's easier to pedal than your Trek was? I find the Rocker has a very nice easy gear and then a very noticeable jump up to a harder pedal stroke, which by the way I found too work terrific for my local trails!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Let me get this correct, your saying it's geared too low meaning it's easier to pedal than your Trek was? I find the Rocker has a very nice easy gear and then a very noticeable jump up to a harder pedal stroke, which by the way I found too work terrific for my local trails!
    It is easier to pedal than my Trek, but I believe the gearing is perfect for this bike! I really like the "granny" low gear.

mtbr member
    It is easier to pedal than my Trek, but I believe the gearing is perfect for this bike! I really like the "granny" low gear.
    Me too, I like to call it my wheelie gear!

mtbr member
    Today was the first step in me owning another Rocker! I put money down for it and it will be ordered tomorrow. I may pay it off soon as it comes in with the money I will be getting back from the Mongoose Vinson on Friday.

Here's another bit of good news. The manager is aware of my Rocker being stolen and is taking $60 off the price of the new one! So $530 + 7% tax = $567 out the door!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Today was the first step in me owning another Rocker! I put money down for it and it will be ordered tomorrow. I may pay it off soon as it comes in with the money I will be getting back from the Mongoose Vinson on Friday.

Here's another bit of good news. The manager is aware of my Rocker being stolen and is taking $60 off the price of the new one! So $530 + 7% tax = $567 out the door!
    Outstanding! Congratulations on your purchase of a new Rocker.

I look forward to reading your posts about the new bike...

mtbr member
    Hey all, I just posted the following on the Mongoose Vinson thread since it just arrived and I had a chance to ride one.

"Funny enough but I used a 25% off code last week in a flash sale. I paid a grand total with tax of $477 shipped. Today I was able to ride a Vinson. Today I returned it. I'm buying a Momentum Rocker by Giant, which I've had before and was stolen. I found the Vinson to be a much more aggressive mountain bike. The tires have TONS of self-steer on the pavement. I also think it surely needs them too if your a serious mountain biker. Not to offend anyone who owns a Vinson but it felt like a dept store bike to me in many respects. The brakes suck, the pedals and crank feel cheap, the shifting was horrible, the grips are too thin. And although this is a Vinson thread I can say that for sure the Rocker feels so much more "put together" and solid. The Vinson IS one nice looking machine for sure and sure enough I got a lot of stares on it riding down the street. Full disclosure, I did not ride it on any trails. I'm not a terrible rider at this point and I did ride the Rocker on the trails and even with the terrible tires for trails it comes with stock, it rides so much smoother and "in tune" with me.

Anyway, just sharing my experience."

mtbr member
    I'm getting excited to the build up of owning another Rocker. I was web browsing images of them and came across some I really enjoy and thought I'd share. I hope this might inspire Rocker owners to start to share more and more creative pictures of your own Rockers.

The first 6 are pics of my old Rocker which was stolen.

Giant Fatty For 0-img_2728.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-img_2726.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-img_0273.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-img_2730.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-img_2727.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-img_0286.jpg

Giant Fatty For 0-_dsc3638.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-orange-rocker-2.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-rocker-couple.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-orange-rocker.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-rockaway-beach.jpg

mtbr member
    ...more I like! The one black frame usually comes stock with the brown tires but this one is modded with black tires and looks so killer I'm thinking of changing my order and doing the same. The only things I don't like are that in person the green rims and fork is not as dark looking as in this photo. But I love the color of black the frame is. hmmmmmmmmm

Giant Fatty For 0-sled-rocker.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Fatty For 0-bad-ass-rocker.jpg  

Giant Fatty For 0-beer-rocker.jpg  

Giant Fatty For 0-beer-rocker1.jpg  

Giant Fatty For 0-sled-rocker1.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Outstanding pics Sir!

My Rocker is still sitting in our dining room... Have you any idea how difficult it is to NOT change anything with the bike sitting 10 feet away from me?

I really like the pic(s) with the brown tires on the khaki frame. On the other hand I dream of having the gnarliest tires possible on my Rocker.

No, I'll never ride in snow or mud. But one of the reasons I was drawn to fat bikes was the gnarly tires. That is the only area in which the Rocker disappoints.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    The 45north Flowbeast and Dundebeast 4.0 x 4.6 do fit the Rocker.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbyw View Post
    The 45north Flowbeast and Dundebeast 4.0 x 4.6 do fit the Rocker.
    Thank you Sir! I'm not going to change anything for a while, but the tires are the first thing I will change when it comes time. Just looking for options.

mtbr member
    Tomorrow my Rocker is due to arrive so later this week, prolly Friday, I'll have another one! While I am at the store I will have a choice between the Khaki/Army green or the Black/Dark green.

I am super excited!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Tomorrow my Rocker is due to arrive so later this week, prolly Friday, I'll have another one! While I am at the store I will have a choice between the Khaki/Army green or the Black/Dark green.

I am super excited!
    Outstanding Sir! Now man up and get the Khaki/Army Green model...

Only kidding!

No matter which color scheme you decide on you'll be getting a fantastic bicycle at a great price!

I always over analyze everything, and then I research every purchase as much as possible.

I really don't believe there is a better bike available for the price that includes lbs support.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I almost got one because of the price, but the salesman showed me a sticker saying that it is not an off road bike. I am scared of taking the chance and end up breaking the frame, so I ordered a Fatboy instead..

mtbr member
    its more like a cruiser type of fat bike. 7 speed freewheel is gonna hurt for those wants to upgrade drivetrain
    16 Trek Farley 5 W/2XL snowshoe
    07 Kona Stab
    14 Specialized Fatboy
    04 Giant Simple
    04 SC V10

My Parts for sale link

mtbr member
    Outstanding Sir! Now man up and get the Khaki/Army Green model...

Only kidding!

No matter which color scheme you decide on you'll be getting a fantastic bicycle at a great price!

I always over analyze everything, and then I research every purchase as much as possible.

I really don't believe there is a better bike available for the price that includes lbs support.
    My shop has been awesome by giving me a nice chunky discount and have emailed all local bike shops to be on the look out for my stolen bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cram View Post
    I almost got one because of the price, but the salesman showed me a sticker saying that it is not an off road bike. I am scared of taking the chance and end up breaking the frame, so I ordered a Fatboy instead..
    I actually had a layaway on a Fatboy SE, it was the only other fattie I could pull off a wheelie with! Then I came across the Rocker and after one ride and a longer wheelie right off the bat...I was sold! Lol Plus I saved $1000...until someone stole my first one! Still, two of them cost less than the Fatboy SE. Your Fatboy is an awesome bike though congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by akacoke View Post
    its more like a cruiser type of fat bike. 7 speed freewheel is gonna hurt for those wants to upgrade drivetrain
    Yes, but I took it on the trails and it performed remarkably well. And I have a 29er SS for more aggressive riding. I'm not so sure those warning labels are not on other bikes anyway are they?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cram View Post
    I concede the Rocker is not a "hard core" off road bike, but I'm not a "hard core" rider. Most of the time my Rocker will be ridden on level streets around the village of Oriental, NC.

I hope to take it on a couple trails, but at 60 years of age I won't be doing drops or anything like that.

The sticker is most likely for liability issues. If you crash and break your head you can't sue Giant.

Giant bikes have a lifetime warranty on the frame & fork, so if your head doesn't break Giant will take care of you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Did you get your new Rocker yet? If not, then when?

We need to see some pics!

mtbr member
    Did you get your new Rocker yet? If not, then when?

We need to see some pics!
    Not yet due to a production problem with crossed cable assembly at the factory. I expected it last week from according to my LBS. I'll call again tomorrow for update. I'm in no huge hurry since I'm not riding right now.

mtbr member
    Update on my new Rocker!

So yesterday I went to my LBS to pick out my new bike. Again, like last time I was a bit torn on which color scheme to go with. The shop owner has been awesome and I was starting to sweat which one I wanted. Either the Khaki/Army Green (which I already had before) or the Black/Green/Brown tire version. As I posted above somewhere I really like the black frame one IF I was to change the tires to standard black. However, those tires run @$80 each so it's not an immediate upgrade at all and price heavy for me.

Fast forward...before I left the bike shop I was just still torn on a decision. What the shop owner has allowed me to do is to take the Black/Green/Brown tire one home to see how my family likes it and I might feel about it once I actually have it home. He has allowed me to make a decision by Tuesday if I want it or to go with the Khaki/Army Green one.

So, after putting it on my car bike rack and bringing it home...here are a few pics.

I am curious for anyone to offer opinions on the color scheme, tell me what you are thinking. I have made my decision, and I will reveal what I have already decided to do by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Giant Fatty For 0-img_0351.jpgGiant Fatty For 0-img_0354.jpg
    Giant Fatty For 0-img_0352.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    You would think at my age I would know better than to offer an opinion, but what the heck...

It took a while for the Khaki/Army Green color scheme to grow on me. But now I really like it.

I do not care for the brown tires. I tried to like them the first time I saw them. Nope. I tried to like them again the next I saw them. Nope.

About now you'll tell me you love the brown tires and the black frame, right?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    I really like the brown tires, it has my vote.
    And again, as mentioned before...

mtbr member
    The brown tires are hideous

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Good looking bike, ugly tires.

mtbr member
    You would think at my age I would know better than to offer an opinion, but what the heck...

It took a while for the Khaki/Army Green color scheme to grow on me. But now I really like it.

I do not care for the brown tires. I tried to like them the first time I saw them. Nope. I tried to like them again the next I saw them. Nope.

About now you'll tell me you love the brown tires and the black frame, right?
    Those tires are hideous, get some fat b nimble on there or even better a set of surly nates. It would make that bike so much better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by traditiionalist View Post
    Those tires are hideous, get some fat b nimble on there or even better a set of surly nates. It would make that bike so much better.
    Better for what?

I concede I do not like the brown tires, but they are better than the other colors I have seen on the forum.

Surly Nates would not suit the type of riding demonbydesign does. Like me, most of his riding is on city streets.

I thought about Surly Nates for my Rocker until (thankfully) several people told me they are not good on the road.

I remember running studded tires on my car decades ago when I lived in Pennsylania. They were wonderful in the snow but downright nasty when the weather warmed up and it rained!

mtbr member
    Better for what?

I concede I do not like the brown tires, but they are better than the other colors I have seen on the forum.

Surly Nates would not suit the type of riding demonbydesign does. Like me, most of his riding is on city streets.

I thought about Surly Nates for my Rocker until (thankfully) several people told me they are not good on the road.

I remember running studded tires on my car decades ago when I lived in Pennsylania. They were wonderful in the snow but downright nasty when the weather warmed up and it rained!
    I've used them on the road, but only to get to a trail. I guess the brown would do, it's just the color that's throwing me off.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by traditiionalist View Post
    I've used them on the road, but only to get to a trail. I guess the brown would do, it's just the color that's throwing me off.
    OK, we can agree on that... I don't like the brown tires either!

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    The stock tires are heavy and crappy tread for mud/snow anyway so what difference does their color make? You'll be replacing them with something else.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Well one thing is certain. The brown tires are polarizing!

And as C-gypsy noted, my purposes for this bike is mainly for cruising around, popping wheelies, and the occasional light trail rides so the tread grip of these tires are great.

In other words, I fall into the type of rider (with this bike) that Giant/Momentum is aiming for. I have another bike for my hard trail riding btw.

Oh and by tomorrow I will give you my final decision on which color I am going with. Thanks for all your opinions its been fun to read!
    Last edited by demonbydesign; 02-02-2016 at 08:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Time for the big reveal! And as you can see I went with the Khaki/Army Green just like I did with my first one that was stolen.

I truly find it to look about perfect! If you don't...you don't count anyway! heh heh

Although I love the black frame of the other one, I simply could not overlook the shade of green on the rims and fork. Actually, the brown tires don't bother me as much as the shade of green. But no, I also just can't get past the tire color either.

Well folks, I'm back to having a fat bike and I'm super jacked about it!

And C-gypsy, first thanks for the emails of support through out all this. I did talk to the owner at the bike shop about a rear rack. He actually has in stock for less than $50 a rack he ordered specifically to fit the Rocker without having any problems with the kick stand or anything and it looks like I'll be going that route by spring time.

Not the clearest pics but, hope you like 'em of my new best bike on the planet!

Name:  giant1.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  17.1 KB

Name:  giant11.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  14.2 KB

Name:  giant8.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  12.3 KB

Name:  marb.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  9.7 KB

Name:  giant5.png
Views: 794
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  giant9.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  13.0 KB

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Congratulations Sir! It's beautiful!

Of course that would be my natural response since it is identical to my Rocker.

I'm anxious to see pics of the rack when you get it. I purchased the Axiom and really like it, but concede it sits higher than I like.

mtbr member
    Congratulations Sir! It's beautiful!

Of course that would be my natural response since it is identical to my Rocker.

I'm anxious to see pics of the rack when you get it. I purchased the Axiom and really like it, but concede it sits higher than I like.
    Thanks! It's so cool looking I absolutely love the design!

I'm already rethinking a rear rack unless it's easy to swap on and off.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Thanks! It's so cool looking I absolutely love the design!

I'm already rethinking a rear rack unless it's easy to swap on and off.
    Yes, the rear rack seems to detract from the awesomeness (is that even a word?) of the rear tire.

On the other hand the Rocker will be my "second vehicle" when the weather warms up a bit.

The rack will come in handy!

mtbr member
    Yes, the rear rack seems to detract from the awesomeness (is that even a word?) of the rear tire.

On the other hand the Rocker will be my "second vehicle" when the weather warms up a bit.

The rack will come in handy!
    It might take away from the look, maybe? I think it can look cool though depending on the situation. I'm actually debating it now because when I do a trail ride it will definitely not be "cool" and may actually interfer with branches and stuff.

But as it sits stock I just think it looks bad ass! It reminds me of a cool motorcycle in a way. Lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    But as it sits stock I just think it looks bad ass! It reminds me of a cool motorcycle in a way. Lol
    Ironic that you should say that... I've been riding Harleys since 1983. My last two Harleys were "big bikes", but my current ride is a Sportster.

I've thought about taking a pic of my Rocker beside the Sportster!

mtbr member
    Ironic that you should say that... I've been riding Harleys since 1983. My last two Harleys were "big bikes", but my current ride is a Sportster.

I've thought about taking a pic of my Rocker beside the Sportster!
    Ha! You must You must!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'm new to trail riding and am thinking of purchasing a Giant Momentum iRider. What are your thoughts? Have you ridden them yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    So, like the strat too!! Are they stock pickups?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by salvy24 View Post
    I'm new to trail riding and am thinking of purchasing a Giant Momentum iRider. What are your thoughts? Have you ridden them yet?
    I own one. I rode mine on the trails once and it was a blast! But the tires are not the best for most trail type conditions, so you would need to replace them with knobbier tires. Also, Giant does clearly state with a sticker on the bike that it is not designed for off road use as a liability warning. Take it for what it's worth I suppose.

Here's the thing. I plan on riding mine on the trails but I do not do any big jumps and I also understand to take care in slippery conditions with these slicker tires. But most of my riding on the Rocker will be for cruising around town or down the seashore this summer. It's AWESOME as a fat bike cruiser!

mtbr member
    So, like the strat too!! Are they stock pickups?!
    Thanks! It's my baby. Had it since 1982 as a Christmas gift from my parents. It came with those pickups which are very old DiMarzio Super Distortion single coils. The shop where my parents bought it must have installed them to help sell it or something. I love 'em! They sound Straty yet punch like a P90 style pickup.

What are you playing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Ahhh, I have GAS, so depending on mood - MIM Strat or PRS McCarty. By the looks of your set-up, I'm assuming Jimi or Clapton fan!? I'm really into blues, SRV, and the 3 kings - Albert, Freddie and BB, etc. I'm just barely intermediate level, but love playing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'm new to fat bikes, but this thread has been really informative. I'm feeling that the Giant/momentum iRider(rocker?) is a good entry-level bike. Like you, I was mixed on the brown/orange tires, and decided on the white/orange with black tires. My lbs is being very cool - he only had the orange-tire bike in the showroom and ordered the bike for me regardless of whether I buy it or not - he said he'll sell it to someone else if I don't take it.

mtbr member
    I'm new to fat bikes, but this thread has been really informative. I'm feeling that the Giant/momentum iRider(rocker?) is a good entry-level bike. Like you, I was mixed on the brown/orange tires, and decided on the white/orange with black tires. My lbs is being very cool - he only had the orange-tire bike in the showroom and ordered the bike for me regardless of whether I buy it or not - he said he'll sell it to someone else if I don't take it.
    That's a nice offer from your LBS. It's an awesome fattie IMO for cruising, but not in snow or muck unless you change tires. and after being thru all of this I'd say the Orange and White would now be my second favorite. It's more cohesive looking than the brown tire one. I hope you like it enough to join the Rocker club! But make sure YOU like it.

mtbr member
    Ahhh, I have GAS, so depending on mood - MIM Strat or PRS McCarty. By the looks of your set-up, I'm assuming Jimi or Clapton fan!? I'm really into blues, SRV, and the 3 kings - Albert, Freddie and BB, etc. I'm just barely intermediate level, but love playing.
    I had tons of GAS for a long long time. But the last few years I've just reall settled in with my first and only love, the Stratocaster. You know what else helped relieve me of GAS? That Marshall you see as well! Amazing amp! DSL 40c

mtbr member
    Saw one, very department store bike aura. Ugly frame/welds. Did not have the courage to give it a heft and see how heavy.

Keep on Truckin'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiang Mai View Post
    Saw one, very department store bike aura. Ugly frame/welds. Did not have the courage to give it a heft and see how heavy.

Chicken shit. Mine wieghs 35lbs

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Mine weighs 37 pounds with an Axiom rack on the back.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Mine weighs 37 pounds with an Axiom rack on the back.
    What's funny is that I had weighed a Specialized Fatboy SE and it weighed the same 35lbs yet cost $1500 and honestly had the same level of welding aesthetics...and wasn't as easy to wheelie and didn't have an awesomely useful top tube cup holder. HA!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    So, was I right about your rig reeking of Hendrix or Clapton? Any interest in Blues? I have AAS also - my talent level doesn't warrant it, but I've got a '65 Gibson 20 watt minuteman amp and a Fender Blues Deluxe. My 2 main interests besides my family are the guitar and now again, the bike!

mtbr member
    So, was I right about your rig reeking of Hendrix or Clapton? Any interest in Blues? I have AAS also - my talent level doesn't warrant it, but I've got a '65 Gibson 20 watt minuteman amp and a Fender Blues Deluxe. My 2 main interests besides my family are the guitar and now again, the bike!
    I love Hendrix but who doesn't? I'm not into Clapton. I love some blues. But my main listening and influences are hard rock and metal. My playing style is very much the same but I incorporate much clean stuff including simple blues. I don't play others songs I prefer to make my own creations. :-)

I love the Fender Blues Deluxe and the Blues Jr. amps, very nice choice! I'm a Fender guy and heck a Marshall started out as a modified Fender Bassman amp.

I've not played or heard of the Gibson minuteman amp. I have heard great things about the old Gibson Lab series though.

Playing guitar is one of my key stress reducers! I love it more than most things. Biking isn't even in my top 3 actually. I'm a hardcore Racquetball guy more so than a bike rider. Also, I love collecting comic book stuff, Iron Man in particular. Godzilla collectables, and horror movies as well are main interests. I attend many conventions on this stuff as a hobby and I also have a small business devoted to Italian Horror related merchandise. I'm weird that way.

In the end though it's my family that matters most. They allow me to be me!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Django or bust.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    Django or bust.
    LOL! Well, I respect his playing but it's not on my listening rotation. I think with him it's about the method of how he plays that is so influential, not his music as much if that makes sense.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    What's funny is that I had weighed a Specialized Fatboy SE and it weighed the same 35lbs yet cost $1500 and honestly had the same level of welding aesthetics...and wasn't as easy to wheelie and didn't have an awesomely useful top tube cup holder. HA!
    I don't know how to wheelie. I'd probably kill myself if I tried!

On the other hand I enjoy the cup holder and have some improvements in mind when the weather warms up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Very eclectic! Hey, I didn't see you hurting anyone in any of those hobbies - to each his own! The Italian Horror sounds kind of cool! Iron Man was the first movie I took my son to.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Yeah, if I remember my guitar history correctly, Django was from a gypsy family and was burned in a tent fire at a very young age and his fingers 'healed' together - good for barre chords, I guess!!

mtbr member
    Very eclectic! Hey, I didn't see you hurting anyone in any of those hobbies - to each his own! The Italian Horror sounds kind of cool! Iron Man was the first movie I took my son to.
    Nice to see how Iron Man is now loved by the new generation. When I was a kid he was a secondary type of character compared to the likes of Spiderman, Batman, Superman.

And if you are ever in the mood to check out the Italian Horror genre, I approve of this list although I'd arrange the order a bit different and put Suspiria #1

IMDb: The 20 Greatest Italian Horror movies - a list by xecutionrecords

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    https://youtu.be/8Mqz2XjIAB8

Found this cruise vid from some guys who bought one each from same bike shop I'm getting mine from. Although I'm now re-thinking about changing my color to the Black/Green combo vs the Khaki/Army Green. hmm

Well, what are the chances that in all of America - about 3,000 miles from East to West - I'm buying my bike from the same bike store as you????!!!! Since I'm getting close to buying, I was going through old threads to check out more notes/pics/vids and I came across this video. I'm also getting my bike from Erlton Bike Shop in Cherry Hill. I always say . . . "It's a small world . . . but I wouldn't want to paint it!" How cool is that?!

mtbr member
    Well, what are the chances that in all of America - about 3,000 miles from East to West - I'm buying my bike from the same bike store as you????!!!! Since I'm getting close to buying, I was going through old threads to check out more notes/pics/vids and I came across this video. I'm also getting my bike from Erlton Bike Shop in Cherry Hill. I always say . . . "It's a small world . . . but I wouldn't want to paint it!" How cool is that?!
    Ha! That's too cool! Did you order one already you said? I'd love to go riding one day. Maybe we could cruise around that area behind the store, it's pretty scenic. And I'm always going up that way to go to Guitar Center if you wanted to ever meet up and check out gear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'm trying to find out the spacing of the front and rear hubs. An earlier post said the front was 110mm and I can't find any info on the rear. Would one of you owners be willing to measure both and post it for me? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I sent a message earlier, but I do think it went through. Yeah, it came in Friday so I went to check it out - looks great!! Yeah, we can definitely hook up - I gotta re-figure out the wheelie thing!! Sounds good for GC - I'm always stopping in there!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Now that I know we're dealing with the same lbs, I can add "how cool is the mgr?!" Maybe I should ask for same discount just for knowing you!! Haha!

Definitely need reminder on wheelie protocol! Did one about a month ago with a shopping cart, but that has 4 little wheels and it wasn't by design (needed more weight in the front of the cart). I did, however, impress a mother and her sons. . .

mtbr member
    Now that I know we're dealing with the same lbs, I can add "how cool is the mgr?!" Maybe I should ask for same discount just for knowing you!! Haha!

Definitely need reminder on wheelie protocol! Did one about a month ago with a shopping cart, but that has 4 little wheels and it wasn't by design (needed more weight in the front of the cart). I did, however, impress a mother and her sons. . .
    Well honestly for the first one I had, there was no haggling with Rich the owner. He felt really terrible about it having been stolen so he helped with the second one.

Let me know if you want to go for a quick cruise the day you grab yours or whatnot. What color you going with?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I was kidding about the discount! Based on all the comments it seems like a great bike for the $$. I'm going to stop back in tomorrow with $$ to hold it and take a test ride- probably about 4 if you can get there. I threw out my back this past weekend so I'm hopeful it's bett by tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I went with the white/orange - looks cool!

mtbr member
    I was kidding about the discount! Based on all the comments it seems like a great bike for the $$. I'm going to stop back in tomorrow with $$ to hold it and take a test ride- probably about 4 if you can get there. I threw out my back this past weekend so I'm hopeful it's bett by tomorrow!
    Hey I'd love to go and meet up. I can't tomorrow. Can you do it Friday or Saturday? I'm off both those days. I'd bring mine along and cruise with you on your test ride. PM me if you like as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hey I'd love to go and meet up. I can't tomorrow. Can you do it Friday or Saturday? I'm off both those days. I'd bring mine along and cruise with you on your test ride. PM me if you like as well.
    Wow, and nobody even thought to invite me?

Not an issue; I live in North Carolina and it would be quite a commute!

My lbs set the price at $550.00 without me even asking for a discount (just to let you know).

The orange/white would have been my second choice. I went with the Khaki/Army Green.

Enjoy your ride gentlemen!

mtbr member
    I went with the white/orange - looks cool!
    Nice! A good summer color scheme for sure.

mtbr member
    Wow, and nobody even thought to invite me?

Not an issue; I live in North Carolina and it would be quite a commute!

My lbs set the price at $550.00 without me even asking for a discount (just to let you know).

The orange/white would have been my second choice. I went with the Khaki/Army Green.

Enjoy your ride gentlemen!
    If we can manage to ride you will be there in spirit buddy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Let me see about Friday. I will be in the area tomorrow, but may also be in the area Fri afternoon! I'll message you. Either way, I won't be picking up the bike until prob next week because we're redoing my son's bathroom and the garage is filled with eqt.!!
    @ C-Gypsy, we thought to invite you, but figured it might take a while for you to make it to Joisey!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    After your ride enjoy a Coors Lite. At that point I really WILL be there with you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    @ C-Gypsy, we thought to invite you, but figured it might take a while for you to make it to Joisey!
    Laughing... I'm originally from Pennsylvania. I don't do the north in the winter anymore!

mtbr member
    After your ride enjoy a Coors Lite. At that point I really WILL be there with you!
    Too weak for my taste. Try one of these one day!

HopDevil IPA - Victory Brewing Company

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACoolName View Post
    I'm trying to find out the spacing of the front and rear hubs. An earlier post said the front was 110mm and I can't find any info on the rear. Would one of you owners be willing to measure both and post it for me? Thanks!
    I'll try to get that for you official from my LBS tomorrow if I go with Salvy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    110mm front 170mm rear hub spacing

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Thank you both! That narrows my fat bike choice down to either an iRocker or a Cooker Maxi. Decisions...decisions...

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdhusker View Post
    No joking about it. Where else are you going to find an aluminum framed, 33 pound fat bike with support from your local bike shop for $590? Sure it has some cheap stuff on it, but enjoy riding the bike until that stuff fails. I'm an old fat guy that rides with his family, I don't jump, do trials, or take massive drops--I'm what 75% or more of the biking community is. People are looking for a fat bike to ride in inclement weather and on trails that are either too rocky or too soft for a normal mountain bike. I have less than a $1000 bucks in a fat bike that fits the bill and works perfectly for me and would suit a lot of other riders as well.

Attachment 1025355
    Ordered a Rocker today! Went with the white one. I've always been a sucker for white bikes. The orange wheels may be a bit too much. I'll likely do what bigdhusker did and upgrade the wheels before too long. (Your picture is what convinced me to go for it!) I'll upgrade to a cassette hub at that time too. Can't wait for it to come in!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Ordered a Rocker today! Went with the white one. I've always been a sucker for white bikes. The orange wheels may be a bit too much. I'll likely do what bigdhusker did and upgrade the wheels before too long. (Your picture is what convinced me to go for it!) I'll upgrade to a cassette hub at that time too. Can't wait for it to come in!
    Congratulations Sir! The orange/white model was my second choice but the lbs didn't have any in stock so that made the decision easy for me.

bigdhusker is a wealth of information about the Rocker and has afforded me quite a bit of advice. He knows what he is talking about!

No matter what color you buy you get one heck of a bike and a great price!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Congrats! You won't be disappointed. I love mine, the riding position is perfect--not agressive and not too relaxed. The bronze Surly wheels compliment the browns in the camo printing perfect and with the orange rim tape they look like factory. Eventually I will upgrade the rear hub and add a 9 or 10 speed cassette, but I haven't felt the need for additional gearing in my riding so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    The gearing was too high for my liking, but my LBS installed a 32 tooth Race Face narrow wide chainring for $25 at the time of purchase.
    Quick question Sir... Race Face's website states that the chainring is designed for 9 - 11 speed bikes.

Have you had any issues since the Rocker is a 7 speed?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Does anyone know if the Jaggernaut 26x4.0 will fit the 50mm rim on the front of the Rocker?

My lbs has offered me the tires at a super price. I don't know the answer and do not want to ask him to order the tires if they won't fit. I know there would be no problem on the back rim.

Some might say that it's the lbs's responsibility to find out, but he's a super guy and just got into fat bikes. I thought perhaps someone here would know the answer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Bike arrived @ the shop today. I'll get to build it on Saturday. Perk of being a bike shop mechanic!😆

It's the first one in the shop so we're all excited to see if. We've sold several momentum cruisers already and they are very well built, especially for the price. Hopefully these can get us more into the fat bike scene. The only fat bikes we've carried so far are a few demos of Salsa Mukluks. Great bikes, but pricey.

I'm in Florida so little chance of this bike seeing any snow! Will be neighborhood riding it first, then onto the trails. Observations will be shared later!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Congratulations on your purchase Sir!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The Juggernauts will fit on the 50mm front rim no problem. The design of the narrow wide chainring holds the chain very secure, so even with the slightly wider 7 speed links I have never had any issues. As long as you're not bouncing down trails it will be fine. I would say it holds the chain better than the factory chain ring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    The Juggernauts will fit on the 50mm front rim no problem.
    Thank you Sir! I believe you told me that in the past but after reading their website I wanted to double check. I already emailed my lbs and asked him to order the Jaggernauts.

As long as you're not bouncing down trails it will be fine.
    At my level of riding expertise if I go bouncing down a trail it means I fell off!

Ddz
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Giant iRide Rocker 3 Momentum.

I am also having trouble on choosing between the two colors so I bought one for me and one for my wife. I chose the black but I swapped the fork together with the tire and rims.The khaki one for my wife.

Ddz
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I was also having trouble on choosing what color between the two colors so bought the two, one for me and one for my wife, I chose the black and the khaki for my wife but I swapped the fork together with the tires and rims.

Ddz
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I am also having trouble on choosing between the black an the khaki so I bought two. One for me the black and one for my wife the khaki but I swapped the fork together with the tires and rims So I now have a black frame with fatigue rims and black tires.

Ddz
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hahaha, I'm sorry guys. I'm new here and I'm having troubles in editing and deleting my previous messages.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    No problem Sir. Congrats on your new bikes!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Here are some pictures!

The weight is for a small. All stock. No reflectors other than the wheel ones, no bottle cage either. The fit and finish is well above what I expected.

I hope the pictures made it through. First try...

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Biggest surprise...

I had expected the brakes to be some crappy ones and was planning to upgrade. If I stayed with cable actuated I was considering a set of TRP Spykes. If you haven't seen them, their neat function is that both inner and outer pads are actuated by the cable pull, just like dual piston hydraulics. Way better concept than deflecting the rotor to get braking pressure.

Surprise surprise...These work off that same principle! You can see in the picture that both sides are connected to the cable. They work great!

Riding it tomorrow, then I'll try a few (budget friendly) ways to lighten it up some.

Very happy with this bike!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast