wjh
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

front suspension

I would eventually like to get front suspension for my 9zero7. To do this in Ontario at the present time will run me about $800 for the fork of many names, $125 for a new hub, $60 for a wheel build, plus incidentals. Probably $1200 all in when i am done. Thats almost 50% of what I spent on the bike new.
    My concern is basically over paying now, for something that essentially has a corner on the market, when hopefully other , better options will be available soon. If the present fork were a regular 26" MTB fork, what do you think the market value would be? Is it a quality $600 fork or a $250 piece?
    My concern is if I jump in now, my fork will become a sub standard option that is worth a fraction of my investment.

mtbr member
    If you can afford the fork and you want the fork what it is worth later is irrelevant. Ride what you like/can afford and enjoy it. If I had a dollar for every time some one told me I don't need my Lefty, well I would have a lot of dollars. I don't feel compelled or required to tell them all the reasons I have a Lefty on my Fat bike. It's worth it to me and I love it.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    If you can afford the fork and you want the fork what it is worth later is irrelevant. Ride what you like/can afford and enjoy it. If I had a dollar for every time some one told me I don't need my Lefty, well I would have a lot of dollars. I don't feel compelled or required to tell them all the reasons I have a Lefty on my Fat bike. It's worth it to me and I love it.
    Ha, yeah. Weird, right?

Start talking about "need" and pretty soon we are having an existential debate.
    Latitude: 44.93 N