mtbr member
    Mar 2013

front sus needed anyone

after riding my on one fatty with bfls everything is great when out with friends(non fatty owners) there amazed by how much grip i have on the trails getting over more obstacles than there full susers the only let down is when they are speeding downhill over big jumps etc it takes it out of my arms they are painful next day ,i think i could do with a front sus fork somebody needs to make one ,i have seen some mods on here but does anyone know where i could just go buy one and just put straight on the bike i think a fatty with front sus would cover every situation of my different riding conditions ,,ay comments welcome good or bad
    thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stesteste View Post
    after riding my on one fatty with bfls everything is great when out with friends(non fatty owners) there amazed by how much grip i have on the trails getting over more obstacles than there full susers the only let down is when they are speeding downhill over big jumps etc it takes it out of my arms they are painful next day ,i think i could do with a front sus fork somebody needs to make one ,i have seen some mods on here but does anyone know where i could just go buy one and just put straight on the bike i think a fatty with front sus would cover every situation of my different riding conditions ,,ay comments welcome good or bad
    thanks

For me, not NEEDED, But enjoyed! I am running a lefty on my necro and love it. I had the same arm workout feel after longer rides on tech terrain, with drops, jumps and such. Problem solved, with lefty. my two cents....

mtbr member
    I would agree on all counts squishy makes a huge diff and yes sandman has the Javelina while german-a has the flame.

a good read. Sandman Javelina suspension fork first pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Risse racing makes a wide trixxxy with air spring as well. But They'll take longer to build somehing than they'll say they will. I havent tested mine yet but it looks good and it seemed like a good price. They arent very good with email so call

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    I would agree on all counts squishy makes a huge diff and yes sandman has the Javelina while german-a has the flame.

a good read. Sandman Javelina suspension fork first pics
    yes it was a good read cant wait till they come out ,,I always have my front about 7/8 psi which is ideal over trails and eats up a lot of roots rocks etc just need the forks for when I am going down big jump and speedy downhill ,the fat feel is great loving it ,,wheres there website can we order from UK THANKS

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by stesteste View Post
    Aha, that would explain the run-on sentence structure without capital letters and disregard for proper punctuation. Iíll cut you some slack in that case.

Anyway, I have ridden my fully-rigid fatbikes more than 5,000 miles (the first 1,400 or so were on a Surly Pugsley), mostly on steep/loose/rocky/technical terrain and fireroads. Iíve found that at times my arms and hands (even shoulders) are sore after the ride, but Iíve gotten used to the pain I suppose one could say. I have a Lefty on my hardtail 29er XC race bike, and it is a nice addition when traversing rocky/washboarded terrain at high speeds, hoping someday to try out a similar setup on a fatbike. Until that day comes, Iíll just have to continue down the road to ďHTFU LandĒ.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

ouch....
    A noted above, your options are German aflame, sandman javelin, lefty with mendon clamps (what I run now), or source an older maverick sc32 or duc32. (what i used to run).
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Why isnt risse racing's trixxy one of your options? They make it with 135mm dropouts

ouch....
    Just not familiar with that one at all, not too many guys around here with that.
    Probably because not many people are looking for a 7" travel DH fork??...

What are the details? Cost? weight?
    Riding.....

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Just sold a Lefty to Carver for a customer of theirs that wanted one on his custom fatty frame.

Forrest mentioned that they were building a sus fork. No info beyond that, but they are supposedly in the works as we speak....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Just not familiar with that one at all, not too many guys around here with that.
    Probably because not many people are looking for a 7" travel DH fork??...
    Risse will make the Trixxxy in 4" travel with an air spring. It's available in their web store for $595:

Trixxxy Fat Air 4" fork, Risse Racing Technology Online Store

bikeboatbrewski
    can part with my Mav SC32 and front wheel with Mav 24/7 hub

ouch....
    Very cool, i missed the threads about the short travel version. Still a couple pounds heavier than other options currently. But nice to have options! The 5" version would make quite the AM rig.
    Riding.....