mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Framed MN 2.0 fork upgrade?

Hey everyone, I'd like to upgrade my MN 2.0 from a rigid fork to suspension fork. I have done very little research on this, just know that although I thought I'd enjoy a rigid bike for "something different", I just don't find it as enjoyable to ride without some squish. I'd ride it more if I had suspension. Probably both stupid questions but bare with me...: is the 2.0 upgradable to a suspension fork? If yes, what are some cheaper options for fat bike forks these days?

any advice would be appreciated, thanks much

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Well a quick google search shows that 135mm, qr suspension forks don't really exist. Unless I'm missing something?

Fat Is Where It's At Moderator
    You need a straight tube, 135mm spaced fork and qr9 compatible; not many available.

There is a Chinese fork on eBay, weights a ton and barely works. Wren used to make a version of their inverted fork with straight tube but they are hard to find, don't know if Carver makes one but most of your options are on the expensive side. You may find a carbon rigid compatible thou.

Beat the hell out of the bike, save money and buy something else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    You need a straight tube, 135mm spaced fork and qr9 compatible; not many available.

There is a Chinese fork on eBay, weights a ton and barely works. Wren used to make a version of their inverted fork with straight tube but they are hard to find, don't know if Carver makes one but most of your options are on the expensive side. You may find a carbon rigid compatible thou.

Beat the hell out of the bike, save money and buy something else.
    This, especially the last part. Besides, cheap suspension is not worth it IMO: heavy, squishy, cheap seals, etc. Not worth the hassle.

I was thinking a sus fork too at one point and was one of the reasons that I went with the 2.2, but I took my own advice.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thanks guys, yeah I probably could've done a little faster research before posting. After 15 minutes, I quickly realized a fork swap was not worth it or even possible. Will most likely eventually get rid of this one and eventually replace it with a fatty with front suspension. Cheers!

Fat Is Where It's At Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fids11 View Post
    Will most likely eventually get rid of this one and eventually replace it with a fatty with front suspension.
    It could be a hand me down or spare bike, gave mine to my son and he enjoys it in the winter.

Since he got it it was painted and upgraded to 1x using a 30t narrow wide ring and 11-42 cassette.

Framed MN 2.0 fork upgrade?-17523643_10155054405735502_7750381201917634485_n.jpg
    Last edited by DiRt DeViL; 05-16-2017 at 05:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Very cool. My kids are still pretty little so I'll probably see if someone in the area wants to get into fat biking for cheap

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I got a Cannonade lefty with the custom clamps on my 2.2 (originally 2.0). It's been working great for 2.5 yrs. Not real cheap but works great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Framed MN 2.0 fork upgrade?-img_0489.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Nice! Thnx for sharing