Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-3.0.jpg

Framed Bikes is starting to release a bit more information on the upcoming Minnesota 3.0 with the Bluto Fork.

The 3.0 with Bluto will be $1,399 and this price will includes a 3.0 rigid alloy fork to allow you to switch between summer and winter riding.

It should be available for pre-order at The House, look for an official launch in the next few days.
    Current bikes:

2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy Fatbike
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Felt F65X Cyclocross

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow! Can't wait to see the parts list.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Dang. Between this and the BD sturgis and night train, I gotta keep telling myself "No, DON'T DO IT!!" and keep holding out for more full suspension options to show up besides the bucksaw. For now I'll keep riding my full rigid, wishing for a plusher ride on the trail...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I talked to them today also. They said better components all around than the 1.0 and 2.0 and it will fit a 5" tire too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    WOW! That is cheaper than I expected! I can't wait until they announce the rumored carbon bike with pricing. I am considering getting another fat bike and giving my 2.0 to Dad.

Galen

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I need to wait to see a release date. I won't wait till next year for my first Fatty thats for sure!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Any chance they'd offer it without the Bluto? I don't need the squishy or the price of entry. Otherwise, I'm all over this. I suppose I could just sell the Bluto and recoup some cost.

mtbr member
    I just happened to check The House Website and they have the Minnesota 3.0 with the Rigid Fork only for $1099. Looks like some very nice upgrades over the 2.0. 2x10 SRAM X7 drivetrain, Avid BB7 brakes, 190mm rear hub, 150mm front hub and some Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" tires.

Search The-House.com

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-1-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-7-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-6-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-5-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-3-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-2-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-1-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-7-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-6-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-5-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-4-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-3-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-2-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-3-0-mn-geo-zoom.jpg
    Current bikes:

mtbr member
    Fat bikes are no longer just for snow and sand. As the application of fat tire bikes continues to evolve it's becoming apparent that its on the cusp of turning the mainstream cycling community into believers. The new Rockshox Bluto suspension fork is a game changer allowing fat bikes to perform amazingly well on trails. For 2015 Framed is excited to announce the launch of 2 models of the Minnesota 3.0. Version one comes standard with a rigid alloy fork but can be easily upgraded to a Bluto as the front wheel has a 15mm thru axle hub that allows you to change directly from rigid to Bluto (and back) quickly and easily. Version two comes standard with a Bluto fork giving you 100mm of squish up front. This trail friendly version is ready to tackle whatever the trail throws at it. Both versions utilize a 190mm rear hub that accommodates up to a 4.8 tire on the front and back. Framed didn't stop there as they upgraded the drivetain to SRAM X7 2x10 for more range and included Avid BB7 brakes for more stopping power and easier adjustment. The Hubs and BB are sealed for a clean dependable roll. Rounding out these new bike are lightweight H-Billie 26x4.25 120tpi tires from Vee Rubber that perform great in all conditions from snow to dirt.
    Key Features of the Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike:

Gears: 20 Speed
    Frame: 6061 Alloy
    Fork: 6061 Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt
    Crankset: Truvativ 28/38T Chain Rings
    Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
    Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Freewheel: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36T
    Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
    Headset: Neco
    Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc w/160mm Rotors
    Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
    Shifters: SRAM X7 20 Speed Trigger Shift
    Grips: Locking Grips
    Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100MM Threadless 6 Degree Rise 4 Bolt
    Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400mm x 30.9mm
    Pedals: N/A
    Front Hub: Quando 150mm Sealed Alloy Thru Axle
    Rear Hub: Quando 190mm Sealed Alloy Quick Release
    Rims: Framed Alloy Single Wall Drilled Out
    Spokes: 14G
    Tires: Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" (Lightweight Folding)

Dimensions
    Size Height
    16" 5'5" - 5'9"
    18" 5'8" - 6'0"
    20" 5'11" - 6'3"
    22" 6'2" - 6' 5"
    Current bikes:

mtbr member
    That 68.5 Headtube angle kind of makes it look weird with the Rigid Fork.
    Current bikes:

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Those look nice.. What's going on with the lower headset cup?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Those look nice.. What's going on with the lower headset cup?
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the rigid fork isn't tapered and they are using some sort of adapter.
    Current bikes:

mtbr member
    After seeing the 3.0 rigid and the price point, I'd be hard pressed to buy it over the Motobecane Sturgis at $999. I think the Sturgis has a better build and looks much nicer.

It has a nicer looking frame and fork, internal cable routing, Thru-Axle in the Rear, 22x36T Crank, Novatec Hubs, VEE RUBBER 26X4.5 Snow Shoe, and a better bottom bracket.
    Current bikes:

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    Gears: 20 Speed
    Frame: 6061 Alloy
    Fork: 6061 Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt
    Crankset: Truvativ 28/38T Chain Rings
    Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
    Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Freewheel: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36T
    Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
    Headset: Neco
    Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc w/160mm Rotors
    Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
    Shifters: SRAM X7 20 Speed Trigger Shift
    Grips: Locking Grips
    Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100MM Threadless 6 Degree Rise 4 Bolt
    Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400mm x 30.9mm
    Pedals: N/A
    Front Hub: Quando 150mm Sealed Alloy Thru Axle
    Rear Hub: Quando 190mm Sealed Alloy Quick Release
    Rims: Framed Alloy Single Wall Drilled Out
    Spokes: 14G
    Tires: Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" (Lightweight Folding)

Dimensions
    Size Height
    16" 5'5" - 5'9"
    18" 5'8" - 6'0"
    20" 5'11" - 6'3"
    22" 6'2" - 6' 5"
    Looks like a solid build for the price. Curious to actually try a blunt fork. All the guys at my LBS just laugh because the fat tires give plenty of suspension just with the tire.

Any idea on weight of the MN 3.0? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Then the guys at your LBS are idiots, I've been on a fattie for a long time and I am lovin the Bluto and how it transforms the ride in the summer.
    I personally want to try it, hence why I asked. I agree and think that the fatty could use a little more give for a more enjoyable ride.

In the winter, I would put a rigid fork on just for easy of getting through snow but summer, heck ya I want to try a blunt out!

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRock24 View Post
    Looks like a solid build for the price. Curious to actually try a blunt fork. All the guys at my LBS just laugh because the fat tires give plenty of suspension just with the tire.
    Then the guys at your LBS are idiots, I've been on a fattie for a long time and I am lovin the Bluto and how it transforms the ride in the summer.
    And I love beer!!

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRock24 View Post
    I personally want to try it, hence why I asked. I agree and think that the fatty could use a little more give for a more enjoyable ride.

In the winter, I would put a rigid fork on just for easy of getting through snow but summer, heck ya I want to try a blunt out!
    What I like the best is I can run a little higher psi in the front tire and have a little more controlled steering and a much better rebound control. It's not just about the squish it's more about the whole system coming together for a more enjoyable ride.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL
    As the owner of a 2.0, I didn't want to agree with you, but then I saw the specs. I completely agree with you. Add in shipping and the bikes are within $60 of each other. The Bikes Direct deal is much better. I hope they upgrade components on the rumored carbon bike, which is what I am really waiting on.

Galen

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

On Sale Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike Silver/Red 2014

wish it wasn't so tall....
    Old guy in the woods

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTCLIME View Post
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

Man, you are right. That is pretty high for a 16" frame! I am 5' 9" and would worry about fitting on that one. I'd say their recommended heights are off. I have never bought a bike that I've never ridden. This is a good illustration of why you need to read carefully before ordering one!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

If you are really interested, I would call or e-mail for clarification/confirmation. Something seems wrong there.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

I just measured the stand over on my 18 inch 2.0. It measured 33 inches. My inseam is 32. Without my 510s on (I am bare footed right now), my balls are resting on the top tube. If I had to order mine again, I would get a 16 inch for myself. I wonder if the Bluto will change the stand over height by much. I am 5'10"...I guess with short legs and monkey arms.

Hope this helps!

Galen

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    I just measured the stand over on my 18 inch 2.0. It measured 33 inches. My inseam is 32. Without my 510s on (I am bare footed right now), my balls are resting on the top tube. If I had to order mine again, I would get a 16 inch for myself. I wonder if the Bluto will change the stand over height by much. I am 5'10"...I guess with short legs and monkey arms.

Hope this helps!

Galen
    thanks....they claim 32.5 for the 18 so that sounds about right...any suspension fork is going to rase the front over the stock fork on the 2014 bikes, they may change that on the 2015 bikes though....not sure what to do, the fb4 is listed at 27.5 standover for the FB4 but thats with the 135 spacing in the back.
    Old guy in the woods

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just pulled the trigger Friday on this. When it arrives in October, carbon wheels tubeless will make it lighter.
    Don't post, ride.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast