Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 491
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kawidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    423

    Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork

    Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-3.0.jpg

    Framed Bikes is starting to release a bit more information on the upcoming Minnesota 3.0 with the Bluto Fork.

    The 3.0 with Bluto will be $1,399 and this price will includes a 3.0 rigid alloy fork to allow you to switch between summer and winter riding.

    It should be available for pre-order at The House, look for an official launch in the next few days.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    120
    Wow! Can't wait to see the parts list.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    123
    Dang. Between this and the BD sturgis and night train, I gotta keep telling myself "No, DON'T DO IT!!" and keep holding out for more full suspension options to show up besides the bucksaw. For now I'll keep riding my full rigid, wishing for a plusher ride on the trail...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    I talked to them today also. They said better components all around than the 1.0 and 2.0 and it will fit a 5" tire too.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    67
    WOW! That is cheaper than I expected! I can't wait until they announce the rumored carbon bike with pricing. I am considering getting another fat bike and giving my 2.0 to Dad.

    Galen

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    120
    I need to wait to see a release date. I won't wait till next year for my first Fatty thats for sure!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,704
    Any chance they'd offer it without the Bluto? I don't need the squishy or the price of entry. Otherwise, I'm all over this. I suppose I could just sell the Bluto and recoup some cost.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kawidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    423
    I just happened to check The House Website and they have the Minnesota 3.0 with the Rigid Fork only for $1099. Looks like some very nice upgrades over the 2.0. 2x10 SRAM X7 drivetrain, Avid BB7 brakes, 190mm rear hub, 150mm front hub and some Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" tires.

    Search The-House.com

    Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-1-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-7-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-6-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-5-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-3-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-2-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-1-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-7-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-6-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-5-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-4-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-3-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-2-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-3-0-mn-geo-zoom.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kawidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    423
    Fat bikes are no longer just for snow and sand. As the application of fat tire bikes continues to evolve it's becoming apparent that its on the cusp of turning the mainstream cycling community into believers. The new Rockshox Bluto suspension fork is a game changer allowing fat bikes to perform amazingly well on trails. For 2015 Framed is excited to announce the launch of 2 models of the Minnesota 3.0. Version one comes standard with a rigid alloy fork but can be easily upgraded to a Bluto as the front wheel has a 15mm thru axle hub that allows you to change directly from rigid to Bluto (and back) quickly and easily. Version two comes standard with a Bluto fork giving you 100mm of squish up front. This trail friendly version is ready to tackle whatever the trail throws at it. Both versions utilize a 190mm rear hub that accommodates up to a 4.8 tire on the front and back. Framed didn't stop there as they upgraded the drivetain to SRAM X7 2x10 for more range and included Avid BB7 brakes for more stopping power and easier adjustment. The Hubs and BB are sealed for a clean dependable roll. Rounding out these new bike are lightweight H-Billie 26x4.25 120tpi tires from Vee Rubber that perform great in all conditions from snow to dirt.
    Key Features of the Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike:

    Gears: 20 Speed
    Frame: 6061 Alloy
    Fork: 6061 Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt
    Crankset: Truvativ 28/38T Chain Rings
    Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
    Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Freewheel: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36T
    Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
    Headset: Neco
    Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc w/160mm Rotors
    Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
    Shifters: SRAM X7 20 Speed Trigger Shift
    Grips: Locking Grips
    Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100MM Threadless 6 Degree Rise 4 Bolt
    Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400mm x 30.9mm
    Pedals: N/A
    Front Hub: Quando 150mm Sealed Alloy Thru Axle
    Rear Hub: Quando 190mm Sealed Alloy Quick Release
    Rims: Framed Alloy Single Wall Drilled Out
    Spokes: 14G
    Tires: Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" (Lightweight Folding)

    Dimensions
    Size Height
    16" 5'5" - 5'9"
    18" 5'8" - 6'0"
    20" 5'11" - 6'3"
    22" 6'2" - 6' 5"
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kawidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    423
    That 68.5 Headtube angle kind of makes it look weird with the Rigid Fork.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    876
    Those look nice.. What's going on with the lower headset cup?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kawidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Those look nice.. What's going on with the lower headset cup?
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the rigid fork isn't tapered and they are using some sort of adapter.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kawidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    423
    After seeing the 3.0 rigid and the price point, I'd be hard pressed to buy it over the Motobecane Sturgis at $999. I think the Sturgis has a better build and looks much nicer.

    It has a nicer looking frame and fork, internal cable routing, Thru-Axle in the Rear, 22x36T Crank, Novatec Hubs, VEE RUBBER 26X4.5 Snow Shoe, and a better bottom bracket.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    876
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    Gears: 20 Speed
    Frame: 6061 Alloy
    Fork: 6061 Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt
    Crankset: Truvativ 28/38T Chain Rings
    Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
    Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Freewheel: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36T
    Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
    Headset: Neco
    Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc w/160mm Rotors
    Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
    Shifters: SRAM X7 20 Speed Trigger Shift
    Grips: Locking Grips
    Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100MM Threadless 6 Degree Rise 4 Bolt
    Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400mm x 30.9mm
    Pedals: N/A
    Front Hub: Quando 150mm Sealed Alloy Thru Axle
    Rear Hub: Quando 190mm Sealed Alloy Quick Release
    Rims: Framed Alloy Single Wall Drilled Out
    Spokes: 14G
    Tires: Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" (Lightweight Folding)

    Dimensions
    Size Height
    16" 5'5" - 5'9"
    18" 5'8" - 6'0"
    20" 5'11" - 6'3"
    22" 6'2" - 6' 5"
    Looks like a solid build for the price. Curious to actually try a blunt fork. All the guys at my LBS just laugh because the fat tires give plenty of suspension just with the tire.

    Any idea on weight of the MN 3.0? Just curious.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Then the guys at your LBS are idiots, I've been on a fattie for a long time and I am lovin the Bluto and how it transforms the ride in the summer.
    I personally want to try it, hence why I asked. I agree and think that the fatty could use a little more give for a more enjoyable ride.

    In the winter, I would put a rigid fork on just for easy of getting through snow but summer, heck ya I want to try a blunt out!

  17. #17
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SRock24 View Post
    Looks like a solid build for the price. Curious to actually try a blunt fork. All the guys at my LBS just laugh because the fat tires give plenty of suspension just with the tire.
    .
    Then the guys at your LBS are idiots, I've been on a fattie for a long time and I am lovin the Bluto and how it transforms the ride in the summer.

  18. #18
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SRock24 View Post
    I personally want to try it, hence why I asked. I agree and think that the fatty could use a little more give for a more enjoyable ride.

    In the winter, I would put a rigid fork on just for easy of getting through snow but summer, heck ya I want to try a blunt out!
    What I like the best is I can run a little higher psi in the front tire and have a little more controlled steering and a much better rebound control. It's not just about the squish it's more about the whole system coming together for a more enjoyable ride.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL
    As the owner of a 2.0, I didn't want to agree with you, but then I saw the specs. I completely agree with you. Add in shipping and the bikes are within $60 of each other. The Bikes Direct deal is much better. I hope they upgrade components on the rumored carbon bike, which is what I am really waiting on.

    Galen

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MUSTCLIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    385
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

    On Sale Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike Silver/Red 2014

    wish it wasn't so tall....
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTCLIME View Post
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

    On Sale Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike Silver/Red 2014

    wish it wasn't so tall....
    Man, you are right. That is pretty high for a 16" frame! I am 5' 9" and would worry about fitting on that one. I'd say their recommended heights are off. I have never bought a bike that I've never ridden. This is a good illustration of why you need to read carefully before ordering one!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTCLIME View Post
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

    On Sale Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike Silver/Red 2014

    wish it wasn't so tall....
    If you are really interested, I would call or e-mail for clarification/confirmation. Something seems wrong there.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTCLIME View Post
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

    On Sale Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike Silver/Red 2014

    wish it wasn't so tall....
    I just measured the stand over on my 18 inch 2.0. It measured 33 inches. My inseam is 32. Without my 510s on (I am bare footed right now), my balls are resting on the top tube. If I had to order mine again, I would get a 16 inch for myself. I wonder if the Bluto will change the stand over height by much. I am 5'10"...I guess with short legs and monkey arms.

    Hope this helps!

    Galen

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MUSTCLIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    I just measured the stand over on my 18 inch 2.0. It measured 33 inches. My inseam is 32. Without my 510s on (I am bare footed right now), my balls are resting on the top tube. If I had to order mine again, I would get a 16 inch for myself. I wonder if the Bluto will change the stand over height by much. I am 5'10"...I guess with short legs and monkey arms.

    Hope this helps!

    Galen
    thanks....they claim 32.5 for the 18 so that sounds about right...any suspension fork is going to rase the front over the stock fork on the 2014 bikes, they may change that on the 2015 bikes though....not sure what to do, the fb4 is listed at 27.5 standover for the FB4 but thats with the 135 spacing in the back.
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    74
    Just pulled the trigger Friday on this. When it arrives in October, carbon wheels tubeless will make it lighter.
    Don't post, ride.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL
    Heh, I just saw this particular bike and I was assured that it is a prototype that did not have the tapered headtube, so some jankiness was done just to get pictures. The most recent prototype looks smooth as all get out with the tapered headtube.

  27. #27
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338

    Waiting... Carbon rims?

    Quote Originally Posted by thegock View Post
    Just pulled the trigger Friday on this. When it arrives in October, carbon wheels tubeless will make it lighter.
    Waiting for my 3/Bluto... Carbon rims? From? Price? Asked Minnesota folks about swapping to new carbon frame... Different rears (197 ?!). Maybe different wheels for 3 enough?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11

    3.0 details

    Ok, I have some real info on the 3.0 for you all:
    18" weighs 35lbs for our raw aluminum sample bike with Bluto. Paint will add an ounce or two. As for the weird looking lower headset race, well you can see here, tapered FTW, and it looks fantastic with both the Bluto and a carbon fork! Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4788.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4789.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4790.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4791.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4792.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4793.jpg

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by wildskycomet View Post
    Waiting for my 3/Bluto... Carbon rims? From? Price? Asked Minnesota folks about swapping to new carbon frame... Different rears (197 ?!). Maybe different wheels for 3 enough?
    Unfortunately, the 3.0 and the alloy AK (Alaskan) will have a 190x10mmQR rear wheel vs a 197x12mm thru axle for the carbon AK; so the rear wheels will not be swappable.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kickngas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    91
    I like the raw aluminum. Clear coat that thing and ride!

  31. #31
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbmart View Post
    Unfortunately, the 3.0 and the alloy AK (Alaskan) will have a 190x10mmQR rear wheel vs a 197x12mm thru axle for the carbon AK; so the rear wheels will not be swappable.
    Ahhhh! QR v Thru. Understand Ak alum frame won'tbe avail separately like carbon.

  32. #32
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338

    Cost

    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    WOW! That is cheaper than I expected! I can't wait until they announce the rumored carbon bike with pricing. I am considering getting another fat bike and giving my 2.0 to Dad.

    Galen
    Join active junky.com and you can order bike(s) at the house and 10% of purchase price will be refunded. 1,2,3, Alaska all 10% off already low/cheaper prices.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    542
    Okay, I've been studying the specs of the Alaskan Alloy with Bluto vs the Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto and I can't see why the Alaskan costs $300 more. The parts are almost exactly the same, except for the 2x crankset/BB/front derailleur of the 3.0 instead of the Race Face 1x, and the different tires.

    Even the geometry is very similar, other than the Alaskan having a longer ETT, a shorter wheelbase, a 4mm longer CS length, a 1 degree steeper HTA, and a .5 degree slacker STA.

    What else am I missing here, other than visual difference in the frames??

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post

    Even the geometry is very similar, other than the Alaskan having a longer ETT, a shorter wheelbase, a 4mm longer CS length, a 1 degree steeper HTA, and a .5 degree slacker STA.

    What else am I missing here, other than visual difference in the frames??
    To be fair, while those are small changes, you just named practically every important aspect of frame geometry.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickngas View Post
    I like the raw aluminum. Clear coat that thing and ride!
    Totally agree. Their "branding", to me, cheapens the look of the bike. I wish they were more subtle. I'd love this bike in a deep blue to match the rims.

  36. #36
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    The House guys sent some info on 3 v Alaska alum... same frame mat'l, same width hubs, same tapered head for Bluto or carbon, but... 2x v 1x, nicer finish w/hydro forming, better hubs and "full Monty" option (whatever that costs), you get Bluto & carbon fork, 4.0 Maxxis & 4.7 Bulldozers, Raceface crank & Wolftooth option.
    Sexier frame & better hubs, 1x for $200 more & longer wait?

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by wildskycomet View Post
    The House guys sent some info on 3 v Alaska alum... same frame mat'l, same width hubs, same tapered head for Bluto or carbon, but... 2x v 1x, nicer finish w/hydro forming, better hubs and "full Monty" option (whatever that costs), you get Bluto & carbon fork, 4.0 Maxxis & 4.7 Bulldozers, Raceface crank & Wolftooth option.
    Sexier frame & better hubs, 1x for $200 more & longer wait?
    I see $300 difference (1400 vs 1700) and the hubs are the same, according to the spec sheets.

  38. #38
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    Just reporting what "they" said. Was meaning to go over specs. Didn't recall different hubs or remember any full Monty deal. Difference between two alum frames and cost resembled difference between old straight tube triangle v sexier hydro form type that bird in the hand, go get it from LBS for $6-800 more, is $300 more. Appreciable value? Especially when basic upgrades, regardless probably involve tubeless, or lighter wheels, etc... Rather than different frame

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    525
    Will they be selling the rigid fork from the 3.0 by itself? Looking for a rigid fork that will work with tapered head tube and 150mm front hub. Maybe I should just cancel my Motobecane Sturgis Bullet order and get the Framed 3.0 - it comes with both forks, and with the cash back discount from Active Junky, it is $25 cheaper.

  40. #40
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    3 has Quando hubs, Alaska alum Pub hubs. They say they will sell carbon fork for $400-ish.

  41. #41
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    full monty appears $2099 also includes carbon fork and another set of 4.7 tires

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    74
    Looks like the ship date for the Minnesota 3.0 is pushed back 10 days to 10/25/14?
    Don't post, ride.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reverborama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    59
    I just called their store and was told they wouldn't receive them until November :-(

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10
    When I spoke to them monday I was told the ship sat in port for 3 weeks for some unknown reason. I was told they're expecting to ship around mid November.

  45. #45
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by tig321 View Post
    When I spoke to them monday I was told the ship sat in port for 3 weeks for some unknown reason. I was told they're expecting to ship around mid November.
    That what they meant by shipping date on site before? The ship leaves the mainland for the U.S. around 10/15? Then over 3-4 weeks before shipped from The House? Shipping date finally changed on site. Danger of sell out now. "Jones-in bad". All things fat on mind

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by wildskycomet View Post
    That what they meant by shipping date on site before? The ship leaves the mainland for the U.S. around 10/15? Then over 3-4 weeks before shipped from The House? Shipping date finally changed on site. Danger of sell out now. "Jones-in bad". All things fat on mind
    I wouldn't think that's what they meant by shipping date before....ethically, shipping date on a consumer facing site is not a ship date to the retailer because that would be pretty deceptive.

    Given how easy it is to track shipments, someone (Framed or The House) knew they would not be receiving them on 10/15 as they wouldn't magically appear. Now, that said, they may not have changed the date on the site because they didn't have something more accurate and the last thing you want to do is create customer confusion and kill pre-order momentum in the process.

  47. #47
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxmalloy View Post
    I wouldn't think that's what they meant by shipping date before....ethically, shipping date on a consumer facing site is not a ship date to the retailer because that would be pretty deceptive.

    Given how easy it is to track shipments, someone (Framed or The House) knew they would not be receiving them on 10/15 as they wouldn't magically appear. Now, that said, they may not have changed the date on the site because they didn't have something more accurate and the last thing you want to do is create customer confusion and kill pre-order momentum in the process.
    And I thought for sure I could track the ship... Hah! "Still processing"

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    74
    My riding partner had his Fatboy with me at Chimney Rock today. We ran into a guy named Eric and started talking phatties. Turns out the guy, Eric, had ordered that same Minnesota 3.0 Bluto that I had but he was unaware that shipping had been pushed back three weeks. We jonesed together...
    Last edited by thegock; 10-20-2014 at 07:30 AM. Reason: clarity
    Don't post, ride.

  49. #49
    horseman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    338
    Framed guys changed back order shipping date on site and sent me note saying "best guess" was 11/8 shipping date (if you haven't received note). No name of ship & coordinates to track across ocean to monitor dawdling (hah!). "Still processing"

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reverborama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    59
    I ordered a 3.0 XL. The shipping date is still 11/24 and I hear it's because they are delayed getting the Bulldozers.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Krampus with new Bluto fork
    By captnpenguin in forum Surly
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 03:10 PM
  2. Bluto Fork Up adaptor mod
    By lancelot in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 03:13 PM
  3. bluto vs inverted fork
    By wjh in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 06:33 AM
  4. Hunt begins for fork for old ti-framed bike
    By jmeb in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM
  5. Nashbar Big Ol' Fat vs. Framed Minnesota 2.0
    By chrisxofxfun in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •