Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-3.0.jpg

Framed Bikes is starting to release a bit more information on the upcoming Minnesota 3.0 with the Bluto Fork.

The 3.0 with Bluto will be $1,399 and this price will includes a 3.0 rigid alloy fork to allow you to switch between summer and winter riding.

It should be available for pre-order at The House, look for an official launch in the next few days.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow! Can't wait to see the parts list.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Dang. Between this and the BD sturgis and night train, I gotta keep telling myself "No, DON'T DO IT!!" and keep holding out for more full suspension options to show up besides the bucksaw. For now I'll keep riding my full rigid, wishing for a plusher ride on the trail...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I talked to them today also. They said better components all around than the 1.0 and 2.0 and it will fit a 5" tire too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    WOW! That is cheaper than I expected! I can't wait until they announce the rumored carbon bike with pricing. I am considering getting another fat bike and giving my 2.0 to Dad.

Galen

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I need to wait to see a release date. I won't wait till next year for my first Fatty thats for sure!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Any chance they'd offer it without the Bluto? I don't need the squishy or the price of entry. Otherwise, I'm all over this. I suppose I could just sell the Bluto and recoup some cost.

mtbr member
    I just happened to check The House Website and they have the Minnesota 3.0 with the Rigid Fork only for $1099. Looks like some very nice upgrades over the 2.0. 2x10 SRAM X7 drivetrain, Avid BB7 brakes, 190mm rear hub, 150mm front hub and some Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" tires.

Search The-House.com

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-1-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-7-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-6-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-5-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-3-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-2-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkred-15-1-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-7-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-6-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-5-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-4-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-3-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-minnesota3-fat-bike-blkblu-15-2-zoom.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-framed-3-0-mn-geo-zoom.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Fat bikes are no longer just for snow and sand. As the application of fat tire bikes continues to evolve it's becoming apparent that it’s on the cusp of turning the mainstream cycling community into believers. The new Rockshox Bluto suspension fork is a game changer allowing fat bikes to perform amazingly well on trails. For 2015 Framed is excited to announce the launch of 2 models of the Minnesota 3.0. Version one comes standard with a rigid alloy fork but can be easily upgraded to a Bluto as the front wheel has a 15mm thru axle hub that allows you to change directly from rigid to Bluto (and back) quickly and easily. Version two comes standard with a Bluto fork giving you 100mm of squish up front. This trail friendly version is ready to tackle whatever the trail throws at it. Both versions utilize a 190mm rear hub that accommodates up to a 4.8” tire on the front and back. Framed didn't stop there as they upgraded the drivetain to SRAM X7 2x10 for more range and included Avid BB7 brakes for more stopping power and easier adjustment. The Hubs and BB are sealed for a clean dependable roll. Rounding out these new bike are lightweight H-Billie 26”x4.25” 120tpi tires from Vee Rubber that perform great in all conditions from snow to dirt.
    Key Features of the Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike:

Gears: 20 Speed
    Frame: 6061 Alloy
    Fork: 6061 Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt
    Crankset: Truvativ 28/38T Chain Rings
    Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
    Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Freewheel: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36T
    Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
    Headset: Neco
    Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc w/160mm Rotors
    Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
    Shifters: SRAM X7 20 Speed Trigger Shift
    Grips: Locking Grips
    Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100MM Threadless 6 Degree Rise 4 Bolt
    Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400mm x 30.9mm
    Pedals: N/A
    Front Hub: Quando 150mm Sealed Alloy Thru Axle
    Rear Hub: Quando 190mm Sealed Alloy Quick Release
    Rims: Framed Alloy Single Wall Drilled Out
    Spokes: 14G
    Tires: Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" (Lightweight Folding)

Dimensions
    Size Height
    16" 5'5" - 5'9"
    18" 5'8" - 6'0"
    20" 5'11" - 6'3"
    22" 6'2" - 6' 5"
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    That 68.5 Headtube angle kind of makes it look weird with the Rigid Fork.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Those look nice.. What's going on with the lower headset cup?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Those look nice.. What's going on with the lower headset cup?
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the rigid fork isn't tapered and they are using some sort of adapter.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    After seeing the 3.0 rigid and the price point, I'd be hard pressed to buy it over the Motobecane Sturgis at $999. I think the Sturgis has a better build and looks much nicer.

It has a nicer looking frame and fork, internal cable routing, Thru-Axle in the Rear, 22x36T Crank, Novatec Hubs, VEE RUBBER 26X4.5 Snow Shoe, and a better bottom bracket.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    Gears: 20 Speed
    Frame: 6061 Alloy
    Fork: 6061 Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Promax Bolt
    Crankset: Truvativ 28/38T Chain Rings
    Bottom Bracket: 100mm Sealed
    Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
    Freewheel: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36T
    Chain: X9 Rust-Proof Finish 10 Speed
    Headset: Neco
    Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc w/160mm Rotors
    Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
    Shifters: SRAM X7 20 Speed Trigger Shift
    Grips: Locking Grips
    Stem: Framed Lightweight Alloy 100MM Threadless 6 Degree Rise 4 Bolt
    Handlebar: Framed Lightweight Alloy 710mm, 12 Degree Sweep 1/2" Rise
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Seat Post: Framed Lightweight Alloy 400mm x 30.9mm
    Pedals: N/A
    Front Hub: Quando 150mm Sealed Alloy Thru Axle
    Rear Hub: Quando 190mm Sealed Alloy Quick Release
    Rims: Framed Alloy Single Wall Drilled Out
    Spokes: 14G
    Tires: Vee Rubber H-Billie 120TPI 26" x 4.25" (Lightweight Folding)

Dimensions
    Size Height
    16" 5'5" - 5'9"
    18" 5'8" - 6'0"
    20" 5'11" - 6'3"
    22" 6'2" - 6' 5"
    Looks like a solid build for the price. Curious to actually try a blunt fork. All the guys at my LBS just laugh because the fat tires give plenty of suspension just with the tire.

Any idea on weight of the MN 3.0? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Then the guys at your LBS are idiots, I've been on a fattie for a long time and I am lovin the Bluto and how it transforms the ride in the summer.
    I personally want to try it, hence why I asked. I agree and think that the fatty could use a little more give for a more enjoyable ride.

In the winter, I would put a rigid fork on just for easy of getting through snow but summer, heck ya I want to try a blunt out!

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by SRock24 View Post
    Looks like a solid build for the price. Curious to actually try a blunt fork. All the guys at my LBS just laugh because the fat tires give plenty of suspension just with the tire.
    Then the guys at your LBS are idiots, I've been on a fattie for a long time and I am lovin the Bluto and how it transforms the ride in the summer.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by SRock24 View Post
    I personally want to try it, hence why I asked. I agree and think that the fatty could use a little more give for a more enjoyable ride.

In the winter, I would put a rigid fork on just for easy of getting through snow but summer, heck ya I want to try a blunt out!
    What I like the best is I can run a little higher psi in the front tire and have a little more controlled steering and a much better rebound control. It's not just about the squish it's more about the whole system coming together for a more enjoyable ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I didn't want to kill the excitement for you, but the BD bikes are cleaner and better specced and no colored rims
    That bearing looks upside down in the headset. At least they are consistent. LOL
    As the owner of a 2.0, I didn't want to agree with you, but then I saw the specs. I completely agree with you. Add in shipping and the bikes are within $60 of each other. The Bikes Direct deal is much better. I hope they upgrade components on the rumored carbon bike, which is what I am really waiting on.

Galen

mtbr member
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

On Sale Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike Silver/Red 2014

wish it wasn't so tall....
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTCLIME View Post
    Their listed stand over for the 2.0 kinda turned me away from the frammed bikes. I am 5-6 with a 29 inch inseam....here they have the 16 inch having a stand over of 31.5...

Man, you are right. That is pretty high for a 16" frame! I am 5' 9" and would worry about fitting on that one. I'd say their recommended heights are off. I have never bought a bike that I've never ridden. This is a good illustration of why you need to read carefully before ordering one!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

If you are really interested, I would call or e-mail for clarification/confirmation. Something seems wrong there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

I just measured the stand over on my 18 inch 2.0. It measured 33 inches. My inseam is 32. Without my 510s on (I am bare footed right now), my balls are resting on the top tube. If I had to order mine again, I would get a 16 inch for myself. I wonder if the Bluto will change the stand over height by much. I am 5'10"...I guess with short legs and monkey arms.

Hope this helps!

Galen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    I just measured the stand over on my 18 inch 2.0. It measured 33 inches. My inseam is 32. Without my 510s on (I am bare footed right now), my balls are resting on the top tube. If I had to order mine again, I would get a 16 inch for myself. I wonder if the Bluto will change the stand over height by much. I am 5'10"...I guess with short legs and monkey arms.

Hope this helps!

Galen
    thanks....they claim 32.5 for the 18 so that sounds about right...any suspension fork is going to rase the front over the stock fork on the 2014 bikes, they may change that on the 2015 bikes though....not sure what to do, the fb4 is listed at 27.5 standover for the FB4 but thats with the 135 spacing in the back.
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just pulled the trigger Friday on this. When it arrives in October, carbon wheels tubeless will make it lighter.
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Heh, I just saw this particular bike and I was assured that it is a prototype that did not have the tapered headtube, so some jankiness was done just to get pictures. The most recent prototype looks smooth as all get out with the tapered headtube.

horseman
    Sep 2005

Waiting... Carbon rims?

Quote Originally Posted by thegock View Post
    Just pulled the trigger Friday on this. When it arrives in October, carbon wheels tubeless will make it lighter.
    Waiting for my 3/Bluto... Carbon rims? From? Price? Asked Minnesota folks about swapping to new carbon frame... Different rears (197 ?!). Maybe different wheels for 3 enough?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

3.0 details

Ok, I have some real info on the 3.0 for you all:
    18" weighs 35lbs for our raw aluminum sample bike with Bluto. Paint will add an ounce or two. As for the weird looking lower headset race, well you can see here, tapered FTW, and it looks fantastic with both the Bluto and a carbon fork! Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4788.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4789.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4790.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4791.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4792.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-img_4793.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wildskycomet View Post
    Waiting for my 3/Bluto... Carbon rims? From? Price? Asked Minnesota folks about swapping to new carbon frame... Different rears (197 ?!). Maybe different wheels for 3 enough?
    Unfortunately, the 3.0 and the alloy AK (Alaskan) will have a 190x10mmQR rear wheel vs a 197x12mm thru axle for the carbon AK; so the rear wheels will not be swappable.

mtbr member
    I like the raw aluminum. Clear coat that thing and ride!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbmart View Post
    Unfortunately, the 3.0 and the alloy AK (Alaskan) will have a 190x10mmQR rear wheel vs a 197x12mm thru axle for the carbon AK; so the rear wheels will not be swappable.
    Ahhhh! QR v Thru. Understand Ak alum frame won'tbe avail separately like carbon.

horseman
    Sep 2005

Cost

Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    WOW! That is cheaper than I expected! I can't wait until they announce the rumored carbon bike with pricing. I am considering getting another fat bike and giving my 2.0 to Dad.

Galen
    Join active junky.com and you can order bike(s) at the house and 10% of purchase price will be refunded. 1,2,3, Alaska all 10% off already low/cheaper prices.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Okay, I've been studying the specs of the Alaskan Alloy with Bluto vs the Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto and I can't see why the Alaskan costs $300 more. The parts are almost exactly the same, except for the 2x crankset/BB/front derailleur of the 3.0 instead of the Race Face 1x, and the different tires.

Even the geometry is very similar, other than the Alaskan having a longer ETT, a shorter wheelbase, a 4mm longer CS length, a 1 degree steeper HTA, and a .5 degree slacker STA.

What else am I missing here, other than visual difference in the frames??

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Re: Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork

Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post

Even the geometry is very similar, other than the Alaskan having a longer ETT, a shorter wheelbase, a 4mm longer CS length, a 1 degree steeper HTA, and a .5 degree slacker STA.

What else am I missing here, other than visual difference in the frames??
    To be fair, while those are small changes, you just named practically every important aspect of frame geometry.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickngas View Post
    I like the raw aluminum. Clear coat that thing and ride!
    Totally agree. Their "branding", to me, cheapens the look of the bike. I wish they were more subtle. I'd love this bike in a deep blue to match the rims.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    The House guys sent some info on 3 v Alaska alum... same frame mat'l, same width hubs, same tapered head for Bluto or carbon, but... 2x v 1x, nicer finish w/hydro forming, better hubs and "full Monty" option (whatever that costs), you get Bluto & carbon fork, 4.0 Maxxis & 4.7 Bulldozers, Raceface crank & Wolftooth option.
    Sexier frame & better hubs, 1x for $200 more & longer wait?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The House guys sent some info on 3 v Alaska alum... same frame mat'l, same width hubs, same tapered head for Bluto or carbon, but... 2x v 1x, nicer finish w/hydro forming, better hubs and "full Monty" option (whatever that costs), you get Bluto & carbon fork, 4.0 Maxxis & 4.7 Bulldozers, Raceface crank & Wolftooth option.
    Sexier frame & better hubs, 1x for $200 more & longer wait?
    I see $300 difference (1400 vs 1700) and the hubs are the same, according to the spec sheets.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Just reporting what "they" said. Was meaning to go over specs. Didn't recall different hubs or remember any full Monty deal. Difference between two alum frames and cost resembled difference between old straight tube triangle v sexier hydro form type that bird in the hand, go get it from LBS for $6-800 more, is $300 more. Appreciable value? Especially when basic upgrades, regardless probably involve tubeless, or lighter wheels, etc... Rather than different frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Will they be selling the rigid fork from the 3.0 by itself? Looking for a rigid fork that will work with tapered head tube and 150mm front hub. Maybe I should just cancel my Motobecane Sturgis Bullet order and get the Framed 3.0 - it comes with both forks, and with the cash back discount from Active Junky, it is $25 cheaper.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    3 has Quando hubs, Alaska alum Pub hubs. They say they will sell carbon fork for $400-ish.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    full monty appears $2099 also includes carbon fork and another set of 4.7 tires

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Looks like the ship date for the Minnesota 3.0 is pushed back 10 days to 10/25/14?
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    I just called their store and was told they wouldn't receive them until November :-(

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    When I spoke to them monday I was told the ship sat in port for 3 weeks for some unknown reason. I was told they're expecting to ship around mid November.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tig321 View Post
    When I spoke to them monday I was told the ship sat in port for 3 weeks for some unknown reason. I was told they're expecting to ship around mid November.
    That what they meant by shipping date on site before? The ship leaves the mainland for the U.S. around 10/15? Then over 3-4 weeks before shipped from The House? Shipping date finally changed on site. Danger of sell out now. "Jones-in bad". All things fat on mind

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    That what they meant by shipping date on site before? The ship leaves the mainland for the U.S. around 10/15? Then over 3-4 weeks before shipped from The House? Shipping date finally changed on site. Danger of sell out now. "Jones-in bad". All things fat on mind
    I wouldn't think that's what they meant by shipping date before....ethically, shipping date on a consumer facing site is not a ship date to the retailer because that would be pretty deceptive.

Given how easy it is to track shipments, someone (Framed or The House) knew they would not be receiving them on 10/15 as they wouldn't magically appear. Now, that said, they may not have changed the date on the site because they didn't have something more accurate and the last thing you want to do is create customer confusion and kill pre-order momentum in the process.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxmalloy View Post
    I wouldn't think that's what they meant by shipping date before....ethically, shipping date on a consumer facing site is not a ship date to the retailer because that would be pretty deceptive.

Given how easy it is to track shipments, someone (Framed or The House) knew they would not be receiving them on 10/15 as they wouldn't magically appear. Now, that said, they may not have changed the date on the site because they didn't have something more accurate and the last thing you want to do is create customer confusion and kill pre-order momentum in the process.
    And I thought for sure I could track the ship... Hah! "Still processing"

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    My riding partner had his Fatboy with me at Chimney Rock today. We ran into a guy named Eric and started talking phatties. Turns out the guy, Eric, had ordered that same Minnesota 3.0 Bluto that I had but he was unaware that shipping had been pushed back three weeks. We jonesed together...
    Last edited by thegock; 10-20-2014 at 07:30 AM. Reason: clarity
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Framed guys changed back order shipping date on site and sent me note saying "best guess" was 11/8 shipping date (if you haven't received note). No name of ship & coordinates to track across ocean to monitor dawdling (hah!). "Still processing"

mtbr member
    I ordered a 3.0 XL. The shipping date is still 11/24 and I hear it's because they are delayed getting the Bulldozers.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    H-Billie on 3.0's. Hadn't noticed different rubber on XL's

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I read today on the-house website, that, in response to a question, the delivery date of the MF 3.0 with the Bluto is now 11/27/14, 43 days later than originally scheduled.

Drat.
    Last edited by thegock; 10-23-2014 at 05:42 AM. Reason: change in info
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Issue? Bluto availability? Tires? Drivetrain? Bad Lo Mein? Bilge pumps that don't work? "Still processing"

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Issue? Bluto availability? Tires? Drivetrain? Bad Lo Mein? Bilge pumps that don't work? "Still processing"
    The bilge pumps...it's always the damn bilge pumps...AUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Ship hijacked...

So, my Framed Minnesota 3.0 is delayed 43 days.

By calling a representative of The House, I have determined that the reason is that the ship has been hijacked by pirates. Because is not a “name brand” fat bike, they couldn’t afford the state of the art Somali pirates. Instead, they are using the generic, knock off Indonesian pirates.

My next step is to set up a Kickstarter campaign to raise ransom money to “Free My Framed”.
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Guy at The House emailed me in response to "11/8, really?", and said "as close as they can estimate, should ship on date in Orange". Note from him came right after your post (?!). Been watching their site to see if orange date has been changed. Hoping they weren't going to ship 3's w/super delayed Alaska's. Free the Framed!!

mtbr member
    I have a brother in Taiwan and some in-laws in mainland China/Hong Kong. These slipping dates are typical of what I've seen when a company has something manufactured over there unless you have feet on the ground at the production facility overseeing the work. If you want to see a perfect example of that, check out this "group buy" thread to have electric ukuleles manufactured in China:

The "I bought an East-Start Semihollow electric uke" thread!

The short version: A bunch of guys got together and sent money. There were numerous production delays. Items sent were not like what they ordered and even had the wrong colors or incorrect parts installed (6 string bridges on a 4 string uke, for example.

Luckily The House has been sourcing bikes for a number of years -- successfully. But when it comes to getting things shipped... once your container is on that ship you are at the mercy of the shipping company. I'm just hoping my 3.0XL comes on 11/24!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Guy at House replied again... 2's & 3's on west coast, subject to long shoremen, peak grain deliveries, ND oil, & a whole bunch of port stuff. Happy to hear bike getting closer & not bottom of sea

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Longshoremen next hurdle

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My company has been waiting for electronics for CCTV for a while now. The ships coming from Taiwan, Korea and China have been delayed at sea. WALMART (of all freaking companies) has their ships pushed ahead trying to get all of the holiday inventory to the docks. Honestly. They have delayed all sorts of merchandise coming from that area.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    "Framed People"!? Watching/seeing some of the BD people getting excited. Sounds like some of their boxes are getting/got unloaded and some shipping may occur for them. Aaauurgh! Where are our boxes?! Still "processing"

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Well hopefully they ship out soon. I was very close to getting the Framed 3.0 but went with the BD instead. :-)
    Not to rub it in but my UPS tracking information reads picked up and delivery to my house in two days.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Best wishes & congrats to BD folks. Anxious (to say the least) for our turn. Seeing all kinds of excitement in your camp

mtbr member
    Really? They should all die in a fire!

Seriously, I feel your pain. I have become so used to instant gratification that I have to call myself out on this impatience that's consuming me. I want the 3.0 XL for winter work and it's not even near snowing yet but I still check the damn website three times a day. And it's not like the date will get any closer. It's more likely to get pushed out. I see the 3.0 w/bluto is still scheduled to ship on 11/8 but without it is now showing 11/18. The XL is steady at 11/24. I'm worried this is going to be like the first time I saw The Alamo. It's built up so big in your head that it almost can't be as good as you imagine it will!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    My sympathies to you guys waiting. Container ships have been stacking up waiting to unload in Long Beach for several weeks now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    "Framed People"!? Watching/seeing some of the BD people getting excited. Sounds like some of their boxes are getting/got unloaded and some shipping may occur for them. Aaauurgh! Where are our boxes?! Still "processing"
    Mike,

It's pretty clear that we should have paid the ransom to the Indonesian, knock off pirates...
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Does anybody else's order show a non-taper Bluto in their Order Tracking? I thought you couldn't get a non-taper Bluto. Typo, I hope?

"FRAMED MINNESOTA 3.0 MEN'S FAT BIKE BLACK/BLUE 16in W/ROCKSHOX BLUTO 100MM NON TAPER '15 (Web Only Use QFRMIN30BKBKIT)"

horseman
    Sep 2005
    House site orange shipping date changed to just "back ordered". No date provided(?!). BD boys starting to open boxes(!?).

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    House site orange shipping date changed to just "back ordered". No date provided(?!). BD boys starting to open boxes(!?).
    If you pick a color and size, 11/8/14 appears...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by j.rex View Post
    Does anybody else's order show a non-taper Bluto in their Order Tracking? I thought you couldn't get a non-taper Bluto. Typo, I hope?

"FRAMED MINNESOTA 3.0 MEN'S FAT BIKE BLACK/BLUE 16in W/ROCKSHOX BLUTO 100MM NON TAPER '15 (Web Only Use QFRMIN30BKBKIT)"
    See this thread which mentioned a non tapered version. I didn't think there was one...

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/$2500-carbon-fat-bike-bluto-fork-sign-me-up-918586.html

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Nothing from House re: unloaded boxes or headed for freight. Ship in 2 days? Wonder how many fatties out there now and how many added this season...(general musing)

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just got off the phone with the (out)House.

They are expecting an email in a week as to when the bikes will arrive? wtf?

I ordered this bike on 9/11/14 with a 10/15 ship date. Subsequently, the ship date was delayed to 11/8/14. Their representative cited "labor troubles" at the manufacturer and they are waiting for the manufacturer to update them to explain the second delay.

It is far easier to lose a customer forever than to acquire one!
    Last edited by thegock; 11-10-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: more info
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    ordered 9/4... feels like 9/4/13. Anybody know what port the ship's outside? Literally, stacked up Washington end of US? Difference in price compared to "recognized brand equivalent" is all that keeps me for saying, "why didn't I just go out and buy 'X' so I could have been enjoying it all this time?" Still processing...

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I only ordered through the house because they'll ship directly to Canada. I'd need to set up an account with a shipping service for a bikes direct bike, shipping is also in the $300 range. But at least I'd have a bike to ride, I'm sick of waiting, and the dates getting pushed further back.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    I ordered for configuration plus Active Junky rebate and earlier ship date. Hah!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    What I'd give to change disappointed & anxious rant to one of satisfaction and "what size chainring to put on, or bluto pressure, or tires and measurements". Instead... no word or update. Think they ever even arrived off-shore? Lip service? Certainly moving farther and farther from endorsement... Living vicariously thru others (new BD assemblers & riders) way more happy than folks in 3-ville. Still "processing"...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    If you call framed (866)956-5971 and give them your order number they will tell you when yours will ship. Mine ships next week which will beat the estimate they gave me over the phone when I ordered of 11/24 by a few days. Last week the house told me they where still on the boat in the harbor. I guess it's time to order some fenders and pogies.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Just thought/think a courtesy update after shipping dates go by would be a good idea. Maybe let customers know the vendor is aware of your frustration and working on delays. Kind of like they said (wrote) they would, rather than a "form response" saying someone from "The House has responded to your inquiry", only to find it's just someone else (customer) asking for an update. Kind of got the fur up after that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    When they ship the Minnesota what assembly is required upon receipt? I asked "the House" and they just said it needs to be assembled by a professional blah blah blah.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    When they ship the Minnesota what assembly is required upon receipt? I asked "the House" and they just said it needs to be assembled by a professional blah blah blah.

Thanks.
    Probably put wheels on, stem/handlebar, pedals and seat. Adjust cables?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Ship date now shows 11/17 btw on their website.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracer2 View Post
    Ship date now shows 11/17 btw on their website.
    I still see "Backordered" on the The House website. Last night, I got a call back from a guy named George from Framed. Thanks, George. He said The House should have my bike by 11/21 and that it should be in NJ by 11/26 or 11/28. Hope so.
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    If you select a size and then click on one of the two colors the 11/17/14 date appears.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracer2 View Post
    If you select a size and then click on one of the two colors the 11/17/14 date appears.

Got it. Thanks!

At this point, I will be happy if that happens (and amazed).
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    when I called Framed they took my order number and told me it would ship next week, with no exact day. I am actually hoping for later than the 17th since I have a business trip in the middle of the week when it would likely arrive if shipped on the 17th.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    So, someone here (thanks Gok) has info that another date is going to pass by w/out contact from company? Forget that it was supposed to be birthday deal. May not make it for Turkey holiday either? In time for World Fattie Day? Really hate to be watching others that day! Not too good for Alaskans

mtbr member
    I called yesterday on the 3.0 XL and they seemed confident that some bikes would ship next week. I changed my order so I could pick up at their bike shop rather than have it shipped. I would rather drive the 30 miles to get it rather than wait for the delivery van.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Cranky pants here... The House sent me, and "more" a note saying the boxes were moving across the country towards HQ. They expect to start shipping next week. Any of you out there "more"? Anyone else get an update? So looking forward to see some Framed photos. Quite the lack thereof, short of a few 2's and the odd sighting of the legendary Alaskans

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I am riding in the D&L Fast Epic on 12/13, but only if the Minnesota 3.0 gets here in time.
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    This will be the first shipment of 3's if Im not mistaken, so yeah not many pictures out there of bikes in the wild.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    According to the website, MN 3.0 moved back to ship 10/20 and the XL, now called XWT, moved back to 12/2. The 3.0 with Bluto is still at 11/17, but they seem to forget to update that one. Here's to hoping to be riding in the snow in a week.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Note after last one from "The House" said they're getting one load on the 18th. Another on the 24th hopefully (ouch!), w/more hitting the coast/port now. Long shoremen "laughed at request for unloading info" and "they are asking for $1000 a truckload to process". Have a little extortion? Costs money to be more equal. Not unusual. You'd think more folks than just bike wierdos would be upset about that situation. Hoping mine is in box #1.

mtbr member
    I just canceled my order with them. Maybe I'll just stick with my 29er for another year. Maybe I'll see what the LBS's have in stock. Very disappointed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    i just heard from my dealer Alaskan Alloy sometime in Feb!

mtbr member
    Omg seriously? Feb?
    2006 Stumpjumper FSR International
    1994 Kona Kula
    1992 Diamond Back Response comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes February! i would change my mind and least 3 times by then.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Ayeehh! Isn't a little too close to pull plug in 3-ville? Alaskans... You had to see writing on wall. If it's carb on you're after, what other choices you have? Beargrease, if it's in stock? 3's still to hit before wavy alum Alaska. BD? They might have some wavy' sin or other straighter stocks like 3's. Nibbled to death... 4 more days to see what's in box #1. Then another week to see what's in box #2. Can't imagine canceling now

mtbr member
    Feb appears to be incorrect info. The house just posted a big yellow note stating the Alaskan Alloy is due to arrive early enough to ship out to consumer by the 21st.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-alaskanalloyraceface.jpeg  

1994 Kona Kula

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I like how they still have this at the bottom.

NOTE: All bikes are sold and delivered partially assembled. Final assembly should be done by a certified bike technician. Failure to have the bike assembled by a certified bike technician may void the warranty and could result in damage and/or injury if not assembled correctly.

mtbr member
    Lazy web maintenance. go by what you read in yellow.. that's specific to the alaskan alloy..
    1994 Kona Kula

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast