Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    They added a slightly different note for the 3.0. It now will be an extra $50 for partial assembly?! So if I order now I just get a box of parts? The 3.0 is also increasing by $100 so I guess I better decide quickly which bike I want!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Tickle from The House... "some" 3's coming in tomorrow and shipping. Who knows what's in Box #1 Monty?

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Nothing anyone has to report from 3-ville? Expletive!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    [QUOTE=wildskycomet;11585750]Nothing anyone has to report from 3

Mike,

I couldn't take it anymore. This is business, not baseball. Two strikes and you're out. Cancelled the order and got one from a friend. Pick it up on Thursday when the mods are done.
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    It's like Charlie Brown and the football... I'm sure I can kick it this time...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wildskycomet View Post
    It's like Charlie Brown and the football... I'm sure I can kick it this time...
    Good analogy. Better than I could have come up with...

The problem for them is that I have been a frequent The-House customer. Now I would rather buy my stuff anywhere else. I am 59 so I have limited days left to live. I don't want to spend any hours waiting for BS answers to simple questions.

Buh bye, house...
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I delayed the decision to get a fat bike for too long and all the stuff with 190mm rear hubs (with room for 4.5"+ tires) is out of stock at bikes direct. So should I wait till mid january for a Boris the brut Motobecane 2015 Boris The Brut Shimano SLX, Fat Bikes, Mountain Bikes or get the Minnesota 3.0 xwt that would come early December? Framed Minnesota 3.0 XWT Fat Bike 2015

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I got impatient and cancelled my order since I just bought a Dolomite. It fits Surly Lou tires, which is why i wanted the MN3 anyways. I just wish the Dolomite had an aluminum frame and fork.

Best of luck to you guys still waiting for your orders.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I am going to wait it out myself. Any other option will be subject to the same shipping delays which will probably not get better during the holiday season.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I was ready to pull the trigger on an Alaskan alloy . But ordering from my dealer the date kept changing and last week he said his framed rep told him February . I know i can get it sooner thru the house but this is a good dealer. So i ended up buying a Mongoose Vinson for $450 I figure i can ride that for a while and if i really get into fat biking i can upgrade then.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    One of my best riding buddies got the 2.0 and has probably made 11 upgrades in the two weeks he has had it. He's got a big parts bin and is the consummate eBayer.

Rode with him on the 2.0 for the first time last Friday and we saw a Northern Bobwhite, which are rare in NJ. He is very happy with the 2.0.

Tomorrow I will pick up the Fatboy Pro. Tubeless, carbon bars, Thomson Elite (no Dropper). Snow is coming and it's a phat world.
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    It seems like Framed missed the boat with the Alaskan/Minnesota 3.0 line of bikes. They would have made a killing if they had them to market sooner.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    certainly nothing positive to say about product or process. No word on Box 1 on 18th(?!). No one is reporting happy shipping movements yet... Gotta wait. Don't think the turkey or folks on World Fat Day will see a Vt 3 photo

Back in NH
    Jan 2005
    The house is currently showing that the 3.0 with rigid aluminum fork is now in stock and will ship in 24 hrs... Hoping to be on it for Thanksgiving.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just got off the phone with The House and they confirmed that they received their shipment of the 3.0ís but not the 3.0 XLís. As others have mentioned, the only difference between the two models is the tires (not wheel set). The so I changed my order to the 3.0 and I might receive it in the next few days since I live in Minnesota. The sales guy I talked to said they are waiting on the Bulldozer tires for these so it could be a while before the XLís are available for shipment. I have a set of Bud and Lou snow tires already, so I am not too worried about not getting the Bulldozers.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Haven't heard anything for Bluto crowd

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I just heard back about mine which is a Bluto 3.0 The containers have arrived and processing is set to begin after unloading.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Let "us" know when your billing status changes. Thrilling to get out of "processing-ville"

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Yep

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    just to add to the conversation, i just called the-house tonight and they told me that they should have the rest of the 3.0s with the bluto rockshox's by Friday. she did tell me they got a bunch in today, so i'm hoping that mine is included in that batch!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceldama View Post
    It seems like Framed missed the boat with the Alaskan/Minnesota 3.0 line of bikes. They would have made a killing if they had them to market sooner.
    I still think they'll sell every one of them -- they just won't sell one to me. They won't lose any money on this deal but they have lost some consumer confidence. I don't envy anyone on their bike team. Those guys didn't have anything to do with how late the product is but they are taking all the heat. Their lives won't be worth living if there is a quality problem with the bikes.

Teen Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverborama View Post
    I still think they'll sell every one of them -- they just won't sell one to me. They won't lose any money on this deal but they have lost some consumer confidence. I don't envy anyone on their bike team. Those guys didn't have anything to do with how late the product is but they are taking all the heat. Their lives won't be worth living if there is a quality problem with the bikes.
    while I don't disagree, I think you were a little harsh. I didn't have the confidence I'd get my bike anytime soon, so I didn't place an order. While I still don't have my fat bike, I am planning on getting it within the next couple of weeks and the LBS I go to already has it in stock waiting for me give them the thumbs up. that's confidence!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverborama View Post
    You're probably right about them selling every bike they produce this year regardless of release date. I think they could have drummed up a bit more hype if they had the bikes in customer's hands earlier in the season.

Part of the problem with bringing these bikes to market is that it seems all the brands are fighting over the same supply of tires, forks and other specific fat bike parts that they all need ship completed bikes.

I'm still hoping that I'll get to see a Framed Alaskan at the LBS. I'd like to take it for a spin before I commit.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    No longshoremen required for 3's that jump ship. Have to plan for swim into another port. More for LBS' that carry product & customer service? Waiting for word...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Wink

No longshoremen required for 3's that jump ship. Have to plan for swim into another port. More for LBS' that carry product & customer service? Waiting for word...
    Wild,

Picking up my FB Pro (yeah, I know, I detest Specialized's overaggressive legal department, too...) today customized with Carbon bars, Thomson Elite and some handmedown pedals and accessories.

Really didn't want to jump ship, but if I hadn't done so, then today I would be looking at having already tried to kick the football three times and missed each, landing flat on my @$$ again.

Now, I am about 7-8 hours from sitting on a real phatty.

Good luck to everyone else and I hope they get here soon.
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Do think Framed took a hit not being able to deliver product to market sooner. Gotta be tough to fight for raw product & components. Maybe that's where big difference in price is for comparable name brands. Have to include extortion money for stepping to head of line. Often costs more money to be more equal

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

You might be right about the baksheesh. Dunno.

I still think Framed is very favorably priced. The FB Pro with XT 1x11 would be SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than the Framed Alaska comparable.

I just got tired of chasing all my phatty friends in the snow last year on my less expansive tires. That is when I first looked at the Minnesota 2.0.

Now: Can't Wait

btw, the LBS sold more phatties than CX this year!
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    deafening silence in 3-ville

mtbr member
    Do think Framed took a hit not being able to deliver product to market sooner. Gotta be tough to fight for raw product & components. Maybe that's where big difference in price is for comparable name brands. Have to include extortion money for stepping to head of line. Often costs more money to be more equal
    The delays in product to market pushed me into a Trek Farley 6. I was all set to grab a Framed Alaskan Alloy, but the Farley was available, awesome, and priced to move.

So I bought it furiously. Very happy with my decision. Though had the Framed been available, I'm sure I would have been pretty PUMPED too.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Gave them a call since I had no updates to my order. They confirmed they were shipping my (non-Bluto) 3.0 out today and should have to Chicago by Tuesday. Bring on thanksgiving weekend!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    They change your billing status?

mtbr member
    They change your billing status?
    No, it just says 'Call for information'.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    My bluto spec is supposed to ship today as well, but still no tracking number, guess I will find out around 10pm cst.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracer2 View Post
    My bluto spec is supposed to ship today as well, but still no tracking number, guess I will find out around 10pm cst.
    Billing status change? 10 cst? Is that when ups tracking gets entered or registers after item is loaded & processed in central HQ?

mtbr member
    Back when i pre ordered my Alaskan in early sept The-House told me they were in the process of switching over to FedEx.
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2006 Stumpjumper FSR International
    1994 Kona Kula
    1992 Diamond Back Response comp

mtbr member
    My credit card has been charged, so hopefully things are finally moving

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Got my UPS tracking number. Delivery scheduled for The 24th!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Don't imagine there will be many 3's, etc... For world fat day. Ship 12/2... Hah!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    yeah, i just called again today and they told me 12/2 now...wtf!? i am very close to cancelling...

horseman
    Sep 2005
    I asked them how they could possibly know 12/2 with all those situations out of their control. Just leave it "back ordered". Seemed like bait we all bit when it was 10/15, 11/8, 11/18... oh, it's 12/2. Really going to kick that football this time...
    Shi()load of angst for something supposed to brighten things (insert "p" or "t")

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I take it this for the Black and Blue combo?

horseman
    Sep 2005
    I ordered black/red on 9/4

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I ordered black/red on 9/4
    Mine was the black/red 3.0 Bluto on 9/11.

But, happy to ride the new FB Pro for over 12 mile maiden run today. Really enjoyed it with the Bluto.

Saw a six point buck and ripped my cheek open on a vine. Chicks dig dueling scars and Phatties!!
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    i guess i shouldnt feel as bad...some of you guys ordered waaaay before me (10/28/14) and have heard the dates get pushed more times than me....i'm waiting for a black/red 16" 3.0 with the blutos.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Congratulations.

Which model did you order and when?
    Don't post, ride.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Anxious to see your photos & report

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Its been sitting 14 miles from my house since Friday night.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Going to pick it up? Or getting delivered to day?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    It's getting delivered today, hopefully in the morning so I can check it out during my lunch hour. Too much stuff to do this weekend with the decent weather we had to go get it and the trails are soaked so we're not supposed to ride them until they have dried out a bit or frozen again. I will add a few pictures of it tonight.

mtbr member
    Someone on the Framed Minnesota Fat Bike Facebook Group just posted pictures of their 3.0 that just got delivered at workFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-10151130_10154825769205304_2665885946586639584_n.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

horseman
    Sep 2005
    they actually exist? Haven't seen one w/Bluto yet. Sounds like we might see one soon tho. Still "processing"

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    i just got a call on the way home from work from a "the-house" rep...she was confirming my shipping address and told me that another shipment arrived and mine was one of them. awaiting my email with tracking info now....

this is a red/black 16" 3.0 with rockshox i ordered on 10-28

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Even me... Gonna kick that ball yet! Checking status...checking status (had to explain I was getting one 3 not three 3's)

mtbr member
    My tracking number says tomorrow!!!
    2014 Singular Gryphon
    2013 C-Dale F29 Alloy 2, CAAD10 105
    2005 Jamis Dakar XC Expert
    2014 Framed Minn. 3.0 Bluto

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

As packed

Deraileur protector

Stem

Bluto

Pedals

Assembled
    Only trouble I had was removing the front axle b/c I didnt notice the lock bolt on the bottom of the fork , no bent hanger(notice protective piece?) or fork. Next task is installing the Bluto..oh and weight is 33lbs (18") as pictured with pedals

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Two words...Bad A$$. I love that bike, I'm buying a '14 Pug or that. Period.

Nice

mtbr member
    Looking good. Thanks for posting pics.

mtbr member
    Awesome! Was there much assembly required? I assume you ordered the pedals as well since they weren't included.

It looks like mine's at the local UPS depot already, won't deny the anticipation.
    Aussie in Chicagoland (what's all this white stuff?)

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Good to see a lot of these bikes getting delivered. Congrats, everyone!
    Don't post, ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Put seat post on, front wheel, handlebar, tighten and align stem, pedals and minor cable tension adjustments. 20psi already in tires. Ride

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Even mine has a shipping number now. They were going to ship 3 bikes instead of just a 3.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Put seat post on, front wheel, handlebar, tighten and align stem, pedals and minor cable tension adjustments. 20psi already in tires. Ride
    Like H Billies?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Only did a quick ride on the street, in 60mph wind gusts.

mtbr member
    Awesome, I was worried that they were just shipping as a pile of parts after the notice went up on the house website.

Nice color choice too

mtbr member
    I too was out last night in the Chicago suburban wind. Whole lotta fun
    2014 Singular Gryphon

horseman
    Sep 2005
    G

As packed

Deraileur protector

Stem

Bluto

Pedals

Assembled
    Only trouble I had was removing the front axle b/c I didnt notice the lock bolt on the bottom of the fork , no bent hanger(notice protective piece?) or fork. Next task is installing the Bluto..oh and weight is 33lbs (18") as pictured with pedals
    Those are some pretty fat tires next to box. Going to try them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Michelin Pilot Super Sports?

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Directional? Different front & rear? Not sure if they'll fit. Maybe different sized carbon rims to lighten & change profile? Hah! Mine has been shipped. Snowstorm tomorrow night.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Michelin Pilot Super Sports?
    Bike in box w/ either way to go on fork(s)? Could've chosen either one? What made you decide to go rigid?

mtbr member
    Just pulled mine out. Rigid is pre installed
    2014 Singular Gryphon

horseman
    Sep 2005
    What is involved w/switching to Bluto, especially as hearset is concerned? Lower race need to be swapped? Been a while since I explored changng forks. Not as if I changed them on other bikes seasonally

mtbr member
    Nice pics, rcracer. Are those Vee Rubber Speedsters on the new prototype HED carbon rims in the background in the top pic?

Bike looks sick.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    RE: chainstay clearance with Surly Lou.

I just picked up my 3.0 last Friday at The House so I have a couple of rides on it - I love it so far. Last week we had more snow here in Minnesota so I put on a set of Bud and Lou tires. The chain stay clearance with the Lou in the back is very close. If I keep the rear tire pressure very low for snow riding (guessing 5 PSI) it doesnít rub the chainstays. However, last night I rode with more tire pressure (maybe 10 PSI) since a lot of the snow around here melted and the Lou rubbed the stays occasionally and the chain rubbed the tire when using the small chain ring coupled with lowest gear in back.

I am kind of frustrated with this but I think if I only use the Lou for real snow riding at low PSI it will be OK. I am going to run this 1 X 10 so that should fix the chain rubbing the tire since I wonít use the granny ring anymore. Also, I have worked to make sure the rim is very true and that helped a bit. Worse-case scenario I will have to file down the side knobs a tiny bit. Hopefully the next generation of the 3.0ís have a slightly wider chainstays since a lot of people will want to run Bud and Louís for winter floatation.

Back in NH
    Jan 2005
    Well this is disappointing. This was my chosen bike based on the ability to use the big tires. What is the point of a 190 rear if it can not do what a 170 rear already does? Lots of 170 options out there already and now I am waiting for a bike that can not do what it is claimed to do....

mtbr member
    What size frame do you have?. Curious if it is on the small end.
    2014 Singular Gryphon

mtbr member

I didn't break any Strava records on my commute this morning, but I did stop for a photo opportunity.

I'm not impressed with the cable brakes, might have to get a shimano, at least for the front.

Also keep in mind when assembling it, that the two front axle spacers are different sizes, and the smaller one goes on the brake side. That took me longer than it should have to figure out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have the 20Ē size frame. The pricepoint on the 3.0 compared to a Fatboy or a Moonlander is so good I think itís worth the workaround to make a Lou fit without rubbing the chain or stays. But if you want to run the stock 2 X 10 drivetrain and use a Lou, then look for something other than the 3.0. Other 4.8 tire options would probably be no problem but the Lou has some monster side treads.

mtbr member

Re: Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork

Really enjoyed the first ride today. Very nimble. A steal at the price
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-uploadfromtaptalk1417223188580.jpg  

2014 Singular Gryphon

horseman
    Sep 2005
    You put Bluto on then? Seen a couple that just ran w/rigid. Comes rigid right (yeah... Still freakin waiting... ups knows nothing about parcel location?!). What was involved I installing Bluto? Kit come w/races that fit into headset?

mtbr member
    It was easy. Races preinstalled. Just un bolt brake, stem, slide out, pull bearings, put bluto on and reverse instructions. Needed grease in there badly.
    2014 Singular Gryphon

horseman
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindsai View Post
    RE: chainstay clearance with Surly Lou.

I just picked up my 3.0 last Friday at The House so I have a couple of rides on it - I love it so far. Last week we had more snow here in Minnesota so I put on a set of Bud and Lou tires. The chain stay clearance with the Lou in the back is very close. If I keep the rear tire pressure very low for snow riding (guessing 5 PSI) it doesnít rub the chainstays. However, last night I rode with more tire pressure (maybe 10 PSI) since a lot of the snow around here melted and the Lou rubbed the stays occasionally and the chain rubbed the tire when using the small chain ring coupled with lowest gear in back.

I am kind of frustrated with this but I think if I only use the Lou for real snow riding at low PSI it will be OK. I am going to run this 1 X 10 so that should fix the chain rubbing the tire since I wonít use the granny ring anymore. Also, I have worked to make sure the rim is very true and that helped a bit. Worse-case scenario I will have to file down the side knobs a tiny bit. Hopefully the next generation of the 3.0ís have a slightly wider chainstays since a lot of people will want to run Bud and Louís for winter floatation.
    I thought folks were ruining Bud in Rear & Lou in front, no?

mtbr member
    I have the 20Ē size frame. The pricepoint on the 3.0 compared to a Fatboy or a Moonlander is so good I think itís worth the workaround to make a Lou fit without rubbing the chain or stays. But if you want to run the stock 2 X 10 drivetrain and use a Lou, then look for something other than the 3.0. Other 4.8 tire options would probably be no problem but the Lou has some monster side treads.
    If this is true. How can they offer the 3.0XL and feel good about it? I'm still waiting for my bike to come in to upstate ny. I'm seriously thinking of going for the Fatboy instead, and even more now with what you've said. I did want to switch over to the Dillinger 5's as soon as I got the 3.0. Do you think they'll fit?

mtbr member
    The 3.0XWT comes with 4.7 tires. The small difference between the stock 4.7 Bulldozer and a 4.8 Lou could be just enough that the 4.7 doesn't rub and the 4.8 has a slight rub.

From left to right, comparing the Bud, Bulldozer, Lou and Snowshoe XL in this picture the Lou appears to be a tad taller which would probably make it a tighter fit at higher PSI.

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-vee-tire-fatbike-tires-799.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    The 3.0XWT comes with 4.7 tires. The small difference between the stock 4.7 Bulldozer and a 4.8 Lou could be just enough that the 4.7 doesn't rub and the 4.8 has a slight rub.

From left to right, comparing the Bud, Bulldozer, Lou and Snowshoe XL in this picture the Lou appears to be a tad taller which would probably make it a tighter fit at higher PSI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vee-tire-fatbike-tires-799.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	942630
    great answer. thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi, just ordered 3.0 and need to buy some brakes, yes already upgrading before I got the bike I think I will go with SLX as this will be my winter only bike. I have Ibis SLR for the rest of the year. Can someone please confirm that the rotors are 6 bolt and not centerlock? Also do I need post or I.S. adapters for the calipers? its hard to confirm from the pics I could find.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    ok, answering part of my own post, I found a pic of the woman's version and definitely looks like 6 bolt for the rotors.

Still need to confirm the posts for the calipers

thanks

mtbr member
    The rotor is 6 bolt and I believe the caliper mount is a post mount which would make sense for the people who will be changing between the rigid and the Bluto.

Here is a picture of the Rigid fork and it looks like a Post Mount

Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-10384190_10154826920200304_1312014250439171675_n.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-10393763_10205603022298827_3621273749491524649_n.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-10429402_10205603022938843_2589951529491865292_n.jpgFramed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-10521653_10205603023418855_191463790464460970_n.jpg

today was the first ride on my 3.0 and my first real ride on a fat bike. i have to say i am hooked now! i'm coming from a Trek Marlin 29er and this bike just handles the nasty trails with way more composure...and i was running the rigid fork! i still have to install the bluto

a few questions for the seasoned fat bikers:

1. is it normal for these bikes to want to self steer? i was able to adapt pretty quick but it was the first thing i noticed.

2. what tire pressure is normally run?

thanks! love this thing!!!

mtbr member
    I didn't notice too much self-steer at 12 PSI, but from what I have read it's fairly dependent on pressure.

I haven't seen any real discussion of the H-Billie tire though, so I can't tell you any more than that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post

Name:	10393763_10205603022298827_3621273749491524649_n.jpg 
Views:	1340 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	942692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10429402_10205603022938843_2589951529491865292_n.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	942693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10521653_10205603023418855_191463790464460970_n.jpg 
Views:	979 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	942694

today was the first ride on my 3.0 and my first real ride on a fat bike. i have to say i am hooked now! i'm coming from a Trek Marlin 29er and this bike just handles the nasty trails with way more composure...and i was running the rigid fork! i still have to install the bluto

a few questions for the seasoned fat bikers:

1. is it normal for these bikes to want to self steer? i was able to adapt pretty quick but it was the first thing i noticed.

2. what tire pressure is normally run?

thanks! love this thing!!!
    1. Yes, Fatbikes do have some self steer. Some tires do it a lot more than others, especially at certain pressures.

2. Depends on the terrain. For general summer use I run 8-10psi. For winter snow I run in the 4-6psi range.
    '17 Cutthroat
    '16 Bucksaw Carbon
    '15 Fatboy Expert

mtbr member
    H billies were great in the dirt. Grippy and cornered well. I need to go tubeless. Lots of momentum with stock tubes.
    2014 Singular Gryphon

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    The rotor is 6 bolt and I believe the caliper mount is a post mount which would make sense for the people who will be changing between the rigid and the Bluto.

Here is a picture of the Rigid fork and it looks like a Post Mount

Name:	10384190_10154826920200304_1312014250439171675_n.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	942679
    Thank you for the reply, your bike looks great, exact same color schema I ordered. Just got email that it will ship on Monday. Can't wait

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dariusf View Post
    Thank you for the reply, your bike looks great, exact same color schema I ordered. Just got email that it will ship on Monday. Can't wait
    where did you order your 3.0 from?

mtbr member
    Has anybody weighed the innova 0.8mm lightweight tubes? I wonder how they compare to the standard Q-tube 2.4-2.7?
    2006 Stumpjumper FSR International
    1994 Kona Kula
    1992 Diamond Back Response comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    With some additional sanding and wheel truing I got rid of the chain stay wheel rub with the Lou. I am sure during certain circumstances it will still rub the stays when the wheel flexes laterally under load but I can live with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Framed Minnesota 3.0 with Bluto Fork & Rigid Fork-mn-3.0-fattie.jpg  

mtbr member
    With some additional sanding and wheel truing I got rid of the chain stay wheel rub with the Lou. I am sure during certain circumstances it will still rub the stays when the wheel flexes laterally under load but I can live with that.
    your bike looks awesome. I'm waiting for mine in the same color. The 1X10 looks hot. What are running up there? Do you think the Dillinger 5's will fit based on your experience with the Lou?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    It's disappointing to hear about the extra work required to fit Lou, The sanding especially. I was hoping a bike with 190mm rear , built to fit" 4.8" tires, would fit the tire that almost seems like it it set the standard for a winter snow tire when it cam eout.
    I got my bike Thursday and have only managed to get in a couple short rides around the neighborhood. we had 6" of fresh snow the evening I got my bike. The tires were really washing out. airing them down helped but added much rolling resistance. I really found myself wanting a more aggressive tire. But truth be told I don't expect to be riding in deep snow too often.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKMTNBIKER View Post
    your bike looks awesome. I'm waiting for mine in the same color. The 1X10 looks hot. What are running up there? Do you think the Dillinger 5's will fit based on your experience with the Lou?
    Thanks AKDMTNBIKER. I am running a Raceface narrow-wide 30 tooth chainring paired with an 11-36 SRAM cassette (stock cassette is 11-32). For peace of mind I installed a Paul derailleur-mount chain guide since the stock X7 rear derailleur doesnít have a clutch. The 760mm bar and 60mm stem feels right for this build.
    I would be very wary of running studded 4.8ís like the Dillinger 5ís with the limited chainstay clearance. They could ruin the frame. In fact, I have worn off the paint on each side of the inside of the chainstays from tire rub from before I sanded down the tires and made them fit better. I agree that Framed should have had designed these bikes more chainstay clearance like the Fatboy but otherwise the bike rocks. I still canít believe how fun this bike is to ride.

mtbr member
    So what would you run in back to get similar grip, but no rub.
    2014 Singular Gryphon

horseman
    Sep 2005
    I didn't think the fatboy had wider stays. Thought they were 170 hubs? Ordered 3 for 190 hub thinking that would help make difference. Is fatboy rim 90 0r 100? Is that what allows Lou? 3's are 80's, no? Does that make a difference w/tire and clearance?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast