mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Frame bags to fit small frames.

I have had a difficult time finding a frame bag the fits into my small Fatback frame. I know I could pony up $150 for a custom made one, but did not want to spend the cash.

I bought 2 to test fit. The only way I can get them to fit is backwards. I moved my waterbottle from the downtube to the seat post.

Jandd Frame Pack - Did not fit well at all.
    Amazon.com: Jandd Frame Pack, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Bushwhacker Tahoe Black Frame Bag ($13.95) - Fits once you cut off the back strap and add on a strap to keep it tight to the down tube. It comes with velcro spots already on the bag sides. I had to add velcro to the top tube sections to "extend" them. They were not long enough to reach once you stuff the bag full. The 2-way zippers are nice. Its not water anything proof...use a ziplock bag if needed.
    Amazon.com: Bushwhacker Tahoe Black - Bike Crossbar Top Tube Frame Bag - w/ Reflective Trim: Sports & Outdoors

Frame bags to fit small frames.-33dw9zc.jpg

Frame bags to fit small frames.-2oxlu.jpg

mtbr member
    ever consider running a rack with a nice trunk bag and or panniers?
    got moto?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have a rear rack I can use with 2 different bag options. But, it's too large, heavy and bulky.

I probably should have mentioned I was looking for a small type of storage solution I can use on longer rides/races. Sorry about that. I'm trying to keep everything off my back and on the bike. Nice and tight and light.

For under $20 this looks to be a great solution to maximize the small frame space and still allow me to use 1 watter bottle. My next solution is to figure out how to carry more water. I'm thinking a 32oz-40oz bottle that will fit on the underside of the down tube.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Small/15" frame 2013 Salsa Mukluk 3 with medium sized Iberia Triangle Frame Bag (2013 graphics) ~$15 from Amazon or direct from Ibera with free shipping during periodic sales. There's a Lezyne Floor Micro Floor Drive HV Pump in the bag, barely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frame bags to fit small frames.-muks-iberam.jpg  

mtbr member

Here is a low cost universal frame bag available in Canada. I use something similar from MEC I bought 20yrs ago [shown in pic above].

MEC Bicycle Frame Bag - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com