Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 564

Thread: Foes Mutz

  1. #1
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121

    Foes Mutz

    Hi everybody,

    I've always been a Foes fan since i rode a Weasel from a friend in the past...

    Is there someone who could talk about this frame ? Who has tried one ??
    Is the fat /full suspension bike a nice combo ?
    Impressions for who's already have a fat ?......
    I never tried one (fat bike), i'm intersted by those fat tires.....

    Steve, from France

  2. #2
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121



    Foes Mutz-foes-mutz.jpg

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by pit View Post
    Hi everybody,

    I've always been a Foes fan since i rode a Weasel from a friend in the past...

    Is there someone who could talk about this frame ? Who has tried one ??
    Is the fat /full suspension bike a nice combo ?
    Impressions for who's already have a fat ?......
    I never tried one (fat bike), i'm intersted by those fat tires.....

    Steve, from France
    Hey Steve,

    Check out this link. Foes Fat Update | Likin' Bikin' News

    I've been riding the Foes Mutz for a while and would be happy to answer any questions. Feel free to message me anytime.

  4. #4
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Riderofbikes View Post
    Hey Steve,

    Check out this link. Foes Fat Update | Likin' Bikin' News

    I've been riding the Foes Mutz for a while and would be happy to answer any questions. Feel free to message me anytime.
    Hi "Riderofbikes",
    I've send you a private message

  5. #5
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121


    Foes Mutz-foes-mutz-green.jpg

  6. #6
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Mine is ordered......

  7. #7
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Foes Mutz-foes-mutz-neon-green-2.jpgFoes Mutz-mutz-candy-blue.jpgFoes Mutz-mutz-chrome.jpg

    Colors offered by Foes are awesome

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    64
    What color did you order?

  9. #9
    Perpetual slow motion
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    480
    delete..
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

  10. #10
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by ahtune69 View Post
    What color did you order?
    Neon green

  11. #11
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    85
    what can I expect to spend on one?

  13. #13
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by wadedro View Post
    what can I expect to spend on one?
    Sorry for my bad english,
    You mean the price of the frame ?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    85
    yes, frame price, correct.

    ahhh, it's so sexy can't stop looking at it

  15. #15
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by wadedro View Post
    yes, frame price, correct.

    ahhh, it's so sexy can't stop looking at it
    Me too...heheheeee....
    In France it will cost close to 2900 euros with color option and DB Inline shock.....pricey for me, but i really think that i pay for premium quality frame, still hand-made in USA and that will last long time :-)

  16. #16
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    ....and, most of all, it's been 20 years since i wanted to offer myself Foes. At the end of january i'll be 40, i like mtb, dream will come True for me......

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    40


    That looks a bit better . . .

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    366

  19. #19
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,612
    Who has the Foes Mutz in stock to buy?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    40

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Here is my Mutz live and in the flesh.. Picked her up Tuesday.

    Foes Mutz-foes-mutz.jpg

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    85
    ohhhhhh gosh, it's RAD. what size are you and the frame? I saw there is a frame on ebay right now. drool................. and you've got the right tires on it. ahhhhhhhh wonder if I can fit a medium.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by pit View Post
    Neon green
    I just ordered this same frame in large, it's to be delivered on the 19th, I have all the parts to build her up.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by wadedro View Post
    ohhhhhh gosh, it's RAD. what size are you and the frame? I saw there is a frame on ebay right now. drool................. and you've got the right tires on it. ahhhhhhhh wonder if I can fit a medium.
    The frame is a L. I am 5'11 is that helps. I am border M to L with the Mutz frame.

    Hope this helps!

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSauce View Post
    The frame is a L. I am 5'11 is that helps. I am border M to L with the Mutz frame.

    Hope this helps!
    yes, thanks, that does help. 5'10 here and i'm always borderline M-L on bikes, but usually end up going L with a shorter stem and my monkey arms. did you have to order it from one of the US dealers? and they shipped it direct to your home?

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by pit View Post


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foes Mutz Green.jpg 
Views:	8280 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	953489
    Hi, may I know what color is this?

  28. #28
    alias chicken
    Reputation: matt45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    181
    Timberline Cycles ? Your Local Source For Custom-made Mountain Bikes

    Foes Mutz $3999 level 1 build kit
    $4999 level 2
    $5999 level 3

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by matt45 View Post
    Timberline Cycles ? Your Local Source For Custom-made Mountain Bikes

    Foes Mutz $3999 level 1 build kit
    $4999 level 2
    $5999 level 3
    Yea, you can do all kinds of stuff to the frame, it's pretty cool. Glad that shop is only an hour away.. Makes it easier.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    153
    Is anyone planning on running their Mutz as a snow bike with a change of tires or wheels and tires?

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    Is anyone planning on running their Mutz as a snow bike with a change of tires or wheels and tires?
    I think I am at the sweet spot for a "year around" fattie with FS. I think the only thing I could do is grab some carbon rims, build those tubeless, keep my marge lites and add tubes for winter riding. I am enjoying these 45NRTH VH atm. Summer time I plan to ride these tires everywhere I go..

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    Is anyone planning on running their Mutz as a snow bike with a change of tires or wheels and tires?
    for spring/summer/autumn seasons, I have a pair of vanhelga's that I will mount tubeless. But for winter time, I try to go a bit wider and hopefully 45nrth's new twin beists will fit on 80mm rims.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVdevil View Post
    for spring/summer/autumn seasons, I have a pair of vanhelga's that I will mount tubeless. But for winter time, I try to go a bit wider and hopefully 45nrth's new twin beists will fit on 80mm rims.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk
    I plan this for a "year around" bike. I am running the marge lites with the 45NRTH VH's. I just took them out a few days ago in the snow, and they seemed just fine. I do want to grab some carbon rims and run those tubless for summer. I am running these VH's tubless right now. My LBS had an idea with the marge lites and a smaller tire for summer riding. I kind of want to ride this setup for all the seasons I can and see how I like it, or dislike it.

    J

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289
    I have both 65mm and 80mm carbon rims available to test with the Vanhelgas but first i need to manage to order one and know the delivery-time....

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVdevil View Post
    I have both 65mm and 80mm carbon rims available to test with the Vanhelgas but first i need to manage to order one and know the delivery-time....

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk
    Very happy with my purchase. Glad I went this route tbh.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSauce View Post
    Very happy with my purchase. Glad I went this route tbh.
    I hope to finally have answers tomorrow so i can order.

    Btw, does the seattube allow for dropper-post with internal cabling (reverb stealth or thomson covert dropper.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVdevil View Post
    I hope to finally have answers tomorrow so i can order.

    Btw, does the seattube allow for dropper-post with internal cabling (reverb stealth or thomson covert dropper.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk
    Yes the frame supports a covert dropper. I might be able to answer other questions you have. My frame went to paint today.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    Yes the frame supports a covert dropper. I might be able to answer other questions you have. My frame went to paint today.
    I think i can move most parts from my current fathike except seatpost (time to go for a dropper) and fork to this frame.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HDTVdevil; 02-26-2015 at 11:15 AM.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289
    Ordered my Mutz yesterday.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    pit
    pit is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVdevil View Post
    Ordered my Mutz yesterday.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk


    Size ?
    Color ?

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by pit View Post

    Size ?
    Color ?
    XL in "candy red over silver"

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVdevil View Post
    XL in "candy red over silver"

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk
    Nice. The frames look super good. What's the eta on the delivery?

    FireKatN4 V7. Burnin Love

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSauce View Post
    Nice. The frames look super good. What's the eta on the delivery?

    FireKatN4 V7. Burnin Love
    Seems it will be around 5 weeks, so first half of April wzould be my optimistic guess.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    Yes the frame supports a covert dropper. I might be able to answer other questions you have. My frame went to paint today.
    What's the max rotor size for the rear? The Bluto for is 200mm i think.

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289
    For the other models, they have usermanuals in PDF on the site. Anyonr have the PDF for the MUTZ?

    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Re: Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    Yes the frame supports a covert dropper. I might be able to answer other questions you have. My frame went to paint today.
    Rear brake use IS mounts?


    Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    153
    I believe the rear is a post mount. Probably designed around a 6 or 7" rotor

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289

    Foes Mutz

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    I believe the rear is a post mount. Probably designed around a 6 or 7" rotor
    Planning to use Hope 185mm (don't think 203mm ill be needed) rotors, so no isues as i had assumed.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HDTVdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    289
    Is FOES also recommending 65mm rims like Salsa does for the Bucksaw or what are their rim/tire size recommendations?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVdevil View Post
    Is FOES also recommending 65mm rims like Salsa does for the Bucksaw or what are their rim/tire size recommendations?
    65mm for summer riding and 80 for snow. Tire choice is entirely up to you but some good recommendations are 45NRTH Vanhelgas or Husker Dus or Surly Nates or Knards.

    I will be running Helgas on Marge Lites (or on Whisky carbon rims if I can find the $ for them!!)

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Foes meets Foes 2014
    By matt45 in forum Foes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM
  2. Let's see those new Foes!!!!
    By oakhills in forum Foes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
  3. Foes meets Foes 2013
    By matt45 in forum Foes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  4. Foes 275!!!
    By slowrider in forum 27.5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
  5. Foes FXR
    By fafaafooie in forum Foes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •