Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 601 to 629 of 629

Thread: Foes Mutz

  1. #601
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,939
    Nurse Practitioner.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeCookerMaxi View Post
    Completely random and unrelated question:

    Are you a nurse, Ben?

    Had a surge of curiosity

  2. #602
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    700
    Got a RockShox Vivid R2C coil shock on the Mutz. Awesome stuff. Cranking up the compression dial is highly effective for lockout as well. Thumbs up from me.

  3. #603
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    400
    Yeah, I have done a few rides with my new CCDB coil CS with valt spring. It completely changed the feel of the bike vs the worn out CCDB Air CS that was on it. Cost me 9oz but the bike feels so much better now. Loving the lockout on the climbs and flat trail.

  4. #604
    Mr. Chaos Theory
    Reputation: JonnyB76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    114

    Cool-blue Rhythm Mutz FTW

    Mother of God i love my Mutz!
    It's a black used demo from Likin Bikin Amherst.
    The icing on the cake is it's got Atomik Carbon rims on Hope Hubs.
    Way too much fun!
    it's a freaking Magic Carpet Ride!
    i'm still in disbelief that I own it.

    Foes Mutz-imag0909.jpg
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

    2017 Foes Mutz

    Base of Operations NH USA

  5. #605
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB76 View Post
    Mother of God i love my Mutz!
    It's a black used demo from Likin Bikin Amherst.
    The icing on the cake is it's got Atomik Carbon rims on Hope Hubs.
    Way too much fun!
    it's a freaking Magic Carpet Ride!
    i'm still in disbelief that I own it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0909.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	1171820
    Throw a 150 Mastodon Pro on it and you will be really blown away. Nice avatar BTW.

  6. #606
    Mr. Chaos Theory
    Reputation: JonnyB76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    Throw a 150 Mastodon Pro on it and you will be really blown away. Nice avatar BTW.
    Only the Special Kids ride the short bus my friend

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

    2017 Foes Mutz

    Base of Operations NH USA

  7. #607
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB76 View Post
    Only the Special Kids ride the short bus my friend

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    I ran the Bluto for a winter and a whole summer then switched to the Mastodon and I couldn't believe the difference. I want happy adding a pound but it was worth it.

  8. #608
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    108
    Hey crew,

    I've been rolling w/ a Mutz since summer of 2016 - Only rode it like 2x times in 26x4 mode then was underwhelmed with the Bluto and swapped it to 27.5+ ~ swapped to a coil this summer and its been pure magic.

    I'm running a Fox Float Boost 27.5+ that'll clear a 26x4 and the current+ setup with room to spare.

    Curious to know if anyone is running a 27.5x4 on their Mutz w/ success? (e.g. what'll this frame clear?)

    I was planning to build another set of hoops for it, so I can do the 26x4 thing on 55-65mm rims, but if I could squeeze a 27.5 x 3.8 or 4" on the WTB scrapper i45s that'd be a bit cheaper...

    Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Brian

  9. #609
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by BroJangles View Post
    Hey crew,

    I've been rolling w/ a Mutz since summer of 2016 - Only rode it like 2x times in 26x4 mode then was underwhelmed with the Bluto and swapped it to 27.5+ ~ swapped to a coil this summer and its been pure magic.

    I'm running a Fox Float Boost 27.5+ that'll clear a 26x4 and the current+ setup with room to spare.

    Curious to know if anyone is running a 27.5x4 on their Mutz w/ success? (e.g. what'll this frame clear?)

    I was planning to build another set of hoops for it, so I can do the 26x4 thing on 55-65mm rims, but if I could squeeze a 27.5 x 3.8 or 4" on the WTB scrapper i45s that'd be a bit cheaper...

    Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Brian
    I see no reason why it wouldn't work. JUST DO IT!

  10. #610
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    108
    @Chargecooker,

    Love your drive amigo!!! I want to set my homie up for success, as well as myself when summer rolls around. I'm a little concerned that 3.8-4 on a 45mm rim could cause some problems...

    Looking for some folks who've taken the plunge and succeeded before I commit those tens of dollars I earn every day ;-)

    Stoke on

  11. #611
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    700
    I ran Hodags on 50mm Nexties on my ICT this summer and they cornered amazing and worked great. Wouldn't worry there bro!

  12. #612
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3
    I've got a red Mutz with gold wheels for sale. Any interest? 760 846-6800 Henry

  13. #613
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hester View Post
    I've got a red Mutz with gold wheels for sale. Any interest? 760 846-6800 Henry
    Highly recommend Henry's Mutz. Sweet bike.

  14. #614
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hester View Post
    I've got a red Mutz with gold wheels for sale. Any interest? 760 846-6800 Henry

    Pics? Price? Etc

  15. #615
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    My new foes mutz 150 .., it's amazing! Greetings from Spain.



    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  16. #616
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by victorike77 View Post
    My new foes mutz 150 .., it's amazing! Greetings from Spain.



    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    How about a build list? It's beautiful!

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  17. #617
    Flying Sasquatch
    Reputation: KTMNealio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    302
    Did they go away from the monocoque frame?

  18. #618
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    How about a build list? It's beautiful!

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Parts
    Frame: Foes Mutz 150. Size L
    Rear Shock: DVO Topaz.
    Fork: Manitou Mastodon Pro 150mm
    Headset: Cane Creek 40
    Handlebar: Enve Dh carbon 800mm
    Stem: Syntace megaforce2 40mm
    Grips: Specialized XC Race XL
    Brakes: Hope M4 Evo
    Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
    Cranks: Race face turbine 170mm
    Chainrings / Sprocket: Race face 30t
    Bottom Bracket: Race face
    Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle
    Cassette / Rear Cog: SRAM X01 Eagle
    Pedals: Spank Spike
    Hubs: Dt Swiss 350
    Rims: Dt Swiss br710
    Tires: Maxxis minion 4.8
    Saddle: Essax extrem
    Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend XL
    Weight: 37 lb 0 oz (16800g)


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  19. #619
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    I officially have 4 wheelsets for my Mutz. This frame is a do all frame. Anyone else out there have multiple wheelsets for their Mutz?

  20. #620
    Mr. Chaos Theory
    Reputation: JonnyB76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    I officially have 4 wheelsets for my Mutz. This frame is a do all frame. Anyone else out there have multiple wheelsets for their Mutz?
    I have 2 sets, 1st set 26" 80mm Atomik Carbon rims with Hope Pro 2 Evo fatsno hubs, rubber switches between 4.6" Flowbiest and Dunderbiest or 4.6" studded Wrathchilds, 2nd set 650B+ WTB Scraper i45 rims with Hope Pro 4 Fatsno hubs rubber is 3" WTB Rangers.

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

    2017 Foes Mutz

    Base of Operations NH USA

  21. #621
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3

    Other wheel sets Mutz

    Ive had 27.5 rear and 29/3.0 front. And 4 fat tires front and back

  22. #622
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB76 View Post
    I have 2 sets, 1st set 26" 80mm Atomik Carbon rims with Hope Pro 2 Evo fatsno hubs, rubber switches between 4.6" Flowbiest and Dunderbiest or 4.6" studded Wrathchilds, 2nd set 650B+ WTB Scraper i45 rims with Hope Pro 4 Fatsno hubs rubber is 3" WTB Rangers.

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    Ive got;
    -65mm carbon Whisky with I9s and 4.0 VanHelgas
    -82mm Holy Rolling Daryls with Salsa hubs and 4.6 studded Wrathchilds
    -29" Flows with Salsa Hubs and 2.5/2.3 Minions

    I just ordered 27.5+ wheelset with Hightoller 3.0s. They should be here soon.

    How do you like the plus set up

  23. #623
    Mr. Chaos Theory
    Reputation: JonnyB76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    114
    I love it, no surprise i roll much faster on the 650B+, they grip well and still roll over stuff like a freight train!

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

    2017 Foes Mutz

    Base of Operations NH USA

  24. #624
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    Post some pics!

    These were taken before the Mastodon. The plus wheelset will be here any day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Foes Mutz-img_6785%5B1%5D.jpg  

    Foes Mutz-img_6793%5B1%5D.jpg  


  25. #625
    Mr. Chaos Theory
    Reputation: JonnyB76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    114
    Sporting both wheel sets!

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

    2017 Foes Mutz

    Base of Operations NH USA

  26. #626
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    Any other Mutz owners run different wheelsets?

  27. #627
    Mr. Chaos Theory
    Reputation: JonnyB76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    114
    Suspension question, i just realized my shock is in the botom of the two adjustments for 5" vs 5.5" and that i have no idea which the bottom hole is, be it 5" vs 5.5". And how will switching effect ride characteristics and shock pressures between the two. Any help would be appreciated!

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

    2017 Foes Mutz

    Base of Operations NH USA

  28. #628
    Flying Sasquatch
    Reputation: KTMNealio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    302
    From Foes:

    "The top hole will be the long travel hole at 5.5 and the lower hole will be 5."

    Dunno as far as characteristics go. I've only ridden mine at 5.5".

  29. #629
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,751
    Maxxis HR2 27.5x3.0 tire wheelset now. This make 4 wheelsets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Foes Mutz-plus.jpg  


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. Foes meets Foes 2014
    By matt45 in forum Foes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM
  2. Let's see those new Foes!!!!
    By oakhills in forum Foes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
  3. Foes meets Foes 2013
    By matt45 in forum Foes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  4. Foes 275!!!
    By slowrider in forum 27.5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
  5. Foes FXR
    By fafaafooie in forum Foes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Members who have read this thread: 105

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.