Thread: First Fat

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

First Fat

Picked up a used large 907 with Rolling Darylls and BFL's. Slx group Race Face crank , Magura MT-2 and Easton Monkey lights. Weighs in at 32 pounds even with atac Z pedals. Maiden voyage incl 10 miles over the road and about 5 miles on the beach. Has an absolute blast. My riding season has no ending now and cant wait till the crowds go home. There's a big coastline out there just waiting to be ridden. not to mention the snow.
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

Re: First Fat

Quote Originally Posted by trodaq View Post
    My riding season has no ending now and cant wait till the crowds go home.
    That's the best part :thumbup:

Congrats.

mtbr member
    Purchased my first fat recently as well. I went with a frame - Got a Salsa Mukluk - the 2012 Blue Mukluk 3 - off the craigslist locally. In really good shape - It was built once - ridden about 5 miles, and then torn down because the rider didn't like it and wanted something else - go figure!!! It came with a Chris King headset (blue, of course) already installed. I have purchased SRAM 9 shifters and SRAM 7 front and rear der for it. I think I will be picking up some AVid BB7 brakes for it very soon. I also have the seatpost waiting. I dont' think I'll get to ride it this winter, but hopefully I will have it built up by next spring so I can enjoy it no matter what. I am pretty stoked about getting this frame - I watched it for almost a month on the list before I made up my mind to purchase it. The fact that it was the blue one that I liked so much and also in my size were, of course, huge determiners. Will check back in soon with more info as I get things done. :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Cool, congrats. I could never stand having that bike unfinished till next spring.
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8