Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 78 of 78
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    I got them from JensonUSA. They were $59 a set. Looks like prices have gone up a little since then.

  2. #52
    Bzh
    Bzh is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2
    I'm interesting by your modification about the rim to convert in tubeless. Is it possible to keep with the same spoke when you install the mulefut rim ?
    Did you have the parts number of the DT spoke ?
    Regards
    Bzh

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    5
    Hi Bzh. I wouldn't bother using the old spokes. Just cut them out. The cost of the time to remove them all carefully wouldn't be worth the trouble. I've asked my local bike shop for the part numbers of the spokes and brass nipples. They didnt cost a lot as far as i think. So I'll let you know soon.

  4. #54
    Bzh
    Bzh is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweiserfrogie View Post
    Hi Bzh. I wouldn't bother using the old spokes. Just cut them out. The cost of the time to remove them all carefully wouldn't be worth the trouble. I've asked my local bike shop for the part numbers of the spokes and brass nipples. They didnt cost a lot as far as i think. So I'll let you know soon.
    Ok, thanks.
    I have tried to find the "erd" of the felt rim without success.

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2
    Hi Everyone,

    First post here after lurking for a while- thanks to people in this thread for posting pictures and giving info already.

    NBD! Felt DD 10 - Imgur

    I picked up a DD10 a couple of weeks ago. I really, really like this bike a lot. I've taken this on a bunch of trails around the Twin Cities and the thing absolutely shreds like no fat bike I've ridden before. One thing that I wanted to pass on, because I didn't see this info on Felt's website or any other reviews, the wheels on all the DDs now are tubeless ready. My dealer told me this but having not seen anything confirming this I wanted to contact Felt directly and pass it on.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    5
    Good news. The 2016 rims were terrible. No way you could keep the beed on that tiny edge at low pressure. Added a big cost to those of us who want low pressure tubeless.

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    98
    What's the bottom bracket height of the Felt DD?

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    Bottom Bracket Drop is 65
    Bottom Bracket Height will depend on what wheels and tires you are running.

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6
    Has anyone mounted 4.8" Big Fat Knards on a Double Double? Wondering if there's enough clearance without any rub. I'm looking for the widest tire I can get without any rub, mostly for street and occasional beach riding. Any additional confirmations that Buds and Jumbo Jims fit without rub?

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: simasona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rmtamm View Post
    Has anyone mounted 4.8" Big Fat Knards on a Double Double? Wondering if there's enough clearance without any rub. I'm looking for the widest tire I can get without any rub, mostly for street and occasional beach riding. Any additional confirmations that Buds and Jumbo Jims fit without rub?
    I have a 2016 DD30. I ran my friend's Bud and Lou on stock rims for a couple of weeks last winter. No rubbing. I also have been running JJs 4.8s on stock rims for a few months this fall. No rubbing either.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by simasona View Post
    I have a 2016 DD30. I ran my friend's Bud and Lou on stock rims for a couple of weeks last winter. No rubbing. I also have been running JJs 4.8s on stock rims for a few months this fall. No rubbing either.
    Awesome, thanks. I wonder if there is more clearance on the 2016 than the 2015? I've got a 2015 DD30 and I recall someone on the thread earlier posting about JJs causing slight chain rub in the lowest gear on a 2015.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: simasona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rmtamm View Post
    I recall someone on the thread earlier posting about JJs causing slight chain rub in the lowest gear on a 2015.
    I didn't think that there were differences between the 2015 and 2016 models, except for that recalled carbon seatpost. But I may be wrong. My bike is the first one in this thread

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by rmtamm View Post
    Has anyone mounted 4.8" Big Fat Knards on a Double Double? Wondering if there's enough clearance without any rub. I'm looking for the widest tire I can get without any rub, mostly for street and occasional beach riding. Any additional confirmations that Buds and Jumbo Jims fit without rub?
    I just changed to 4.8" Snowshoe XL studded on my DD30 for the winter (with the original 80mm rims) and had tons of clearance, so much so that I was starting to fantasise about 2XL, but that is probably a step too far.

    2016 model btw, and everything stock so far (2x10) and no chain rub, not even close.
    Last edited by zzoebl; 11-15-2016 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Additional info

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3
    Bought a dd70 a few months ago and loving it. We have really sandy trails here so really helps massively with that.

    I want to put a dropper post on my bike i have a medium sized frame. I had some issues with the seat post however when I bought the bike originally as I couldn't drop the seat enough as the back of the thread where the water carrier bolts go in protrude in to the seat tube shaft not allowing the seat to drop further. I am worried this will also affect the dropper post.

    What options have you guys gone with , have any of you found this issue with the bolts?

    Cheers

    Ben

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by B3njamm1n View Post

    What options have you guys gone with , have any of you found this issue with the bolts?
    I just finished installing a KS LEV DX 125mm dropper on my DD30. I have a medium frame as well and I had the exact problem you experienced. I can't recall exactly, but I think it was just a bit more than 22cm from the top of the seat tube down to the carrier bolts.

    So if you get a dropper that does not require to be inserted more than 22cm you should be fine, you can look at the measurements below:

    http://kssuspension.com/wp-content/u...DX-drawing.PDF

    I have my 125 all the way down to the collar with no issue. That is 201mm into the seat tube.

    Bottom line, if you buy a dropper that does not require to be inserted more than 22cm you should be fine.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by zzoebl View Post
    I just finished installing a KS LEV DX 125mm dropper on my DD30. I have a medium frame as well and I had the exact problem you experienced. I can't recall exactly, but I think it was just a bit more than 22cm from the top of the seat tube down to the carrier bolts.

    So if you get a dropper that does not require to be inserted more than 22cm you should be fine, you can look at the measurements below:

    http://kssuspension.com/wp-content/u...DX-drawing.PDF

    I have my 125 all the way down to the collar with no issue. That is 201mm into the seat tube.

    Bottom line, if you buy a dropper that does not require to be inserted more than 22cm you should be fine.
    Thanks man, massively appreciate the info really helps.

    What diameter did you get for our hike just want to make sure I don't make a stupid mistake when ordering.

    Cheers

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by B3njamm1n View Post
    Thanks man, massively appreciate the info really helps.

    What diameter did you get for our hike just want to make sure I don't make a stupid mistake when ordering.

    Cheers
    Glad I could help, diameter is 30.9mm

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3
    Having a problem with my dd, I can't seem to work out where it's coming from, but there is a really loud creaking noise that seems to be coming from inside the frame when I pedal. The harder I push down on the pedals (particularly the right one) the louder the creaking becomes. Going to take the bottom bracket off tomorrow to see if anything going on there.

    The noise is so annoying when riding especially being OCD.

    Has anyone experienced this at all and could anyone advise on what to check.

    Cheers in advace

    Ben

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    I would check the cranks, take them off and put some grease in there, I haven't had this issue on my DD30, but on other bikes with this issue it helped.

    Quick google search: Stop creaky cranks

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweiserfrogie View Post
    Hi, my first post here. I've read the discussions and taken on board advise from yee guys. Thanks.
    I've had the same problem getting the tyre to seat tubeless on the tiny bead wall without high pressure. I even filled the centre cavity with foam and tape. No good.
    I resorted to rebuilding, so I kept my standard hubs. Rebuilt the wheels with good quality DT swiss spokes and 80mm Mulefut rims.
    Perfection!
    Mounted 4.8 Maxxis Minions.
    Currently running 8psi rear and 9 front with the bluto.
    Now tubeless is a breeze & loads of clearance for the 4.8s.
    Attachment 1088972
    Hey, this bike looks great, I am just in the process of fitting a suspension fork myself and I noticed that you still have the external lower spacer on. If you would like to get the same geometry as the DD10 then you should install this headset:

    FSA No.57 - Orbit 1.5 ZS Tapered - FSA

    I have spent so much time trying to figure out which headset is correct and finally with good help from Felt I got the correct one. Hope this can be of help to someone.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by B3njamm1n View Post
    Having a problem with my dd, I can't seem to work out where it's coming from, but there is a really loud creaking noise that seems to be coming from inside the frame when I pedal. The harder I push down on the pedals (particularly the right one) the louder the creaking becomes. Going to take the bottom bracket off tomorrow to see if anything going on there.

    The noise is so annoying when riding especially being OCD.

    Has anyone experienced this at all and could anyone advise on what to check.

    Cheers in advace

    Ben
    I trashed the stock bottom bracket in under a year on my DD70. I was going to just replace/upgrade the bearings with angular contact bearings from RWC but the thread got buggered when I unscrewed the bearing cup. The thread was dry, no never seize or orange sealant. The other side had orange sealant and the thread was fine. I ended up buying a tap set from park tools and a new bottom bracket from RWC. It's better than new now!

    Here's a link to my thread.

    3 x 9 to 1 x 11 drivetrain swap, need help choosing the right componenents.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Already posted in the Daily fatbike pic thread but I'll add it here too. My DD30.

    Name:  1112534d1482861589t-daily-fatbike-pic-thread-2016121819592504-img_2527-xl.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  56.6 KB

    Edster - Do you ride with Ron from FnA?

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
    Already posted in the Daily fatbike pic thread but I'll add it here too. My DD30.

    Name:  1112534d1482861589t-daily-fatbike-pic-thread-2016121819592504-img_2527-xl.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  56.6 KB

    Edster - Do you ride with Ron from FnA?
    I try to, but he usually smokes me.

    You get your bike from Ron?

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Edster75 View Post
    I try to, but he usually smokes me.

    You get your bike from Ron?
    Yeah I did. I barely get a chance to ride so I'm sure he would smoke me too. Maybe we can get out together at some point.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Hey folks, I have a 2015 Felt DD70. I love the fit and have made a few upgrades (carbon bars, SLX hydraulics).

    I'm about to go 1x11, but was curious if anyone has been able to run a narrower crankset than the RF ride. I only want clearance for Dillinger 5s/GC 4.6.

    Anyone with any experience or am i limited to the ~220 Q?

  26. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Felt DD30 with Chains

    Hi,
    This is my first post on the site. Hope I get it right. I enjoy winter riding and thought I would add a picture of my Felt DD30.
    I have added a Rockshox Bluto and a One Up 42 tooth rear cog.
    The chains are brass plumbers chain about 40 feet long. Shock cords remove slack from chains.The Felt DD Thread - DD70, DD30 and DD10-img_0465.jpgThe Felt DD Thread - DD70, DD30 and DD10-img_0512.jpgThe Felt DD Thread - DD70, DD30 and DD10-img_0513.jpg

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorgancdn View Post
    Hey folks, I have a 2015 Felt DD70. I love the fit and have made a few upgrades (carbon bars, SLX hydraulics).

    I'm about to go 1x11, but was curious if anyone has been able to run a narrower crankset than the RF ride. I only want clearance for Dillinger 5s/GC 4.6.



    Anyone with any experience or am i limited to the ~220 Q?
    I am now running an Aeffect crankset but it seems to be the same width as the Ride crankset. I think you are stuck with using a crankset that matches your 190/197 rear spacing. I doubt you could go any narrower without the crankarms hitting the chainstays.

  28. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Anyone here tried to fit a snowshoe XL on 100mm rim at the back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Felt DD30
    By markham_guy in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 12:07 PM
  2. Felt Nine 1 or Nine 2 ??…
    By Zail1919 in forum Felt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
  3. Felt Nine 1 or Felt Nine 2 ??...
    By Zail1919 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:13 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM
  5. felt vs felt vs scott - best bang for buck
    By xianmacx in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •