Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by boogman View Post
    MikeC - incredible adventures on the fatty.. How did you shoot the motion-blurred POV shots down the single track? GoPro-ish cam or your normal cam?
    No creative control with a go-pro (or any other POV), thus you'd never achieve the blur I was after in broad daylight.

Thus I used my normal DSLR with an ultra-wide-angle lens, mounted in a chest harness, and activated with a wired intervalometer.

Lots of planning and fiddling to get those shots, which is pretty much the opposite of the way they look--fast and free.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean breathes salty View Post
    Right place...Right time = Great shot!

Seems like winter in our little corner of the CO high country is already "better" (i.e. deeper) than it ever got last year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    I got nuthin'. You guys got some good ones!
    Come on P. We have no rocks. We have no elevation. We have no clear water. We have very little snow. But man, do we have sand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-100_0210.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-100_0099.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-100_0122.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onecogshortofacluster View Post
    Come on P. We have no rocks. We have no elevation. We have no clear water. We have very little snow. But man, do we have sand.
    And it was -20 degrees F today where I took the pictures I posted earlier. That sand is looking very good to me
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Great Photography!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Link to more : Pugsley At The Beach & In The Park
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-pugs%40thebeach_1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-pip_146_149a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Nice photos

mtbr member
    hey nice pics there onecog,
    right back atchya!
    some shots from south jersey
    btw....we have clear water, gotta hit the delaware
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0800-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0767-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0777-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0798-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0730-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0763-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0748-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0715-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    "gotta hit the delaware"---River, Bay, or State? Are you going to do the Wharton 40 0n a single speed? Will get P on a single, and change the name to---- The fat one by forty.

mtbr member
    delaware. the river! if you can get past the street gangs in trenton its smoove sailin'!
    wharton 40 yes, single speed no
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0805-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0807-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0806-1.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0808-1.jpg  

Last edited by Andy74; 12-18-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Packraft/lake season overlapped by *one* day with fatbike/romping in the snow season.

The only thing Fang likes more than water is snow:

Hard freeze happening this evening (~6* f right now) means the boats have been stashed for maybe the next month or so...

aka RossC
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    No creative control with a go-pro (or any other POV), thus you'd never achieve the blur I was after in broad daylight.

Thus I used my normal DSLR with an ultra-wide-angle lens, mounted in a chest harness, and activated with a wired intervalometer.

Lots of planning and fiddling to get those shots, which is pretty much the opposite of the way they look--fast and free.
    Now that I'd like to see a photo of. Any pictures of the rig you used to get the shots? I like creative solutions.

mtbr member
    lots of good stuff on this forum, "Zack's" favorite pastime
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn1714-copy.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-zacky.jpg  

Yukon Rider

Some pics of new BG in Yukon

A few pics of in and around Whitehorse, Yukon during a cold snap Coldest spot in the world recorded yesterday in Mayo, Yukon at -51c.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-32c-sun-set.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-yukon-river.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-top-mothert.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-bg-front-withpr-bag-pogies.jpg  

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-32c-first-ride-bear.jpg  

2013 Salsa BearGrease
    2010 Surly Cross Chek
    2008 Santa Cruz Superlight (regular tweaks)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek.Endress View Post
    A few pics of in and around Whitehorse, Yukon during a cold snap Coldest spot in the world recorded yesterday in Mayo, Yukon at -51c.
    Derek, How do you keep the goggles from fogging up from your breath coming out the top of that mask? Are they just on real tight over the mask? And once that issue is solved how do you keep your own sweat from fogging them eventually? Thanks, Steve
    Latitude 61

Moderator Moderator
    I think this was my favorite. I was pretty excited to sneak up on the deer while on the bike, and then got lucky when it leapt off the trail just as I snapped the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-deerjumping.jpg  

Yukon Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    Derek, How do you keep the goggles from fogging up from your breath coming out the top of that mask? Are they just on real tight over the mask? And once that issue is solved how do you keep your own sweat from fogging them eventually? Thanks, Steve
    The face mask is neoprene and form fitting so breath only comes out through mouth as I don't typically breathe through my nose when I am riding. If I do it is pointed downwards
    As for SPY goggles they are a sculpted memory type foam that I wear firmly on my face. When I do longer rides I carry a pair of Smiths that have a built in exhaust fan (not kidding that are amazing for resolving moisture issues. I bought them originally for long powder runs and ski touring in adverse conditions.
    Smith Products | SmithOptics.com

2013 Salsa BearGrease
    2010 Surly Cross Chek
    2008 Santa Cruz Superlight (regular tweaks)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek.Endress View Post
    The face mask is neoprene and form fitting so breath only comes out through mouth as I don't typically breathe through my nose when I am riding. If I do it is pointed downwards
    As for SPY goggles they are a sculpted memory type foam that I wear firmly on my face. When I do longer rides I carry a pair of Smiths that have a built in exhaust fan (not kidding that are amazing for resolving moisture issues. I bought them originally for long powder runs and ski touring in adverse conditions.
    Smith Products | SmithOptics.com
    Thanks for the quick response. I have that same mask but on my face it's not quite form fitting enough and it leaves a gap on top. Bad for fogging. I like the idea of those goggles, now how to tell my wife I really need $225.00 goggles to go with all the other fatbike stuff I've bought Hope it warms up for you soon, us too but we are not as clod as you all.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Check out 509 goggles. They work great and have an optional fan attachment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by onecogshortofacluster View Post
    "gotta hit the delaware"---River, Bay, or State? Are you going to do the Wharton 40 0n a single speed? Will get P on a single, and change the name to---- The fat one by forty.
    Got 27 gears. Use 'em all.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Damn just sleet here so far in n. il .....

mtbr member
    just an attempt to make up for my intoxicated river running photos........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-dscn0466.jpg  

mtbr member
    This forum has has fed two obsessions that have consumed a major part of my non-work life in 2012: Fatbikes and photography.

I've never been much into photography before this year, but inspired by all you guys out there taking amazing photos and posting them up here (and especially you, Mr. Curiak, with some of the riveting stuff from your Alaska adventures that just stirs my soul at a primal level), I jumped in with both feet and bought an entry-level DSLR, followed by a couple of not-so-entry-level lenses, followed by a high-end point and shoot. I devoured a photography book. I took a couple of night classes for beginners. And then I shot about a bazillion pics. The marjority were garbage, but I learned from them all. And then some keepers started emerging. I'm not good, but better.

Likewise, I'd never experienced a fatbike. My main motivation for buying one was what I envisioned as the ideal machine to tour across Washington State on abandoned railbed, as a way to celebrate my first half-century on the planet. That happened in June, and it was unbelievably rad, and then the bike just kept getting more fun and more versatile. It's not the only bike I ride, but I have to say that it is without question the bike that I have the greatest amount of adventure on.

I don't contribute to this forum anywhere near as much as I'd like; I take way more than I give. I wish things were different that way, but time is so scarce at this point in my life. When I saw this thread, though, that married the two things that have consumed such copious amounts of my energy, imagination and passion and tied it to this past year, how could I not carve some time out to put a post up.

THANKS, you guys all rule. Hard. Your photography just blows me away and fuels my desire to work even harder at getting better snaps. Keep putting 'em up!

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_01.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_02.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_03.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_04.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_05.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_06.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_07.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_08.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_09.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-tour_10.jpg
    Last edited by spovegas; 01-03-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot the text!

mtbr member
    Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_01.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_02.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_03.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_05.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_06.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_07.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_08.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_09.jpg

Favorite phat photos, 2012 edition.-beach_10.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast