mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Fattystripper vs stretched latex ultra light tube

I've been reading a bit on the current means of getting tubeless and found that the Fattystripper system seems like the way to go nowadays. I also read in a skinny tire forum that some people are favoring ultralight latex tubes instead, which made me search and find there is apparently no such tubes available for 4+ fatty dimensions.
    Seeing that a good part of the seal in the Fattystriper way is achieved by this thin latex film I was wondering if a lightweight, (kinda stretched out) latex tube like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vittoria-MT...IAAOSwHMJYEO2U
    made for 1.7/2.3 tires wouldn't do the same job with less sweat and Stan's for a 4.25?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Working on 2 bikes with this stretch wrap. Have not had to do anything, but will need to refill the fluid on the 2014 bike. Still have no regrets on the stretch wrap.

Using STRETCH WRAP for tubeless. Mulefut rims, Floater/Larry 3.8 tires. Pictures

Have also used this on Nates and Mission Commands.
    Dash Pt. State Park (Tacoma), Big Sky Montana during Snowboard Season, Duluth Mn, a couple of times of year incl. Xmas.

Loud hubs save lives!
    The problem with stretching out a tube, latex or other, is that once punctured the hole will naturally enlarge.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 43st View Post
    The problem with stretching out a tube, latex or other, is that once punctured the hole will naturally enlarge.
    I presume the OP is expecting to use the latex tube in a split tube application as the intention is to be "tubeless".

The if one could find a latex tube for a 24x2.75" tire, like you can do for rubber tubes, a latex split tube setup would be nice.

(note: latex, whether fattystripper or tube, is more permeable than rubber and will require pumping up more frequently)