mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Fattystripper.com service issues for bike supplies

Alright i'm sure the normal jokes will flow through. I ordered a set of tire stealth strips from them on Saturday. I got an email on Monday with a tracking number and nothing has been done since. I've emailed Jim twice asking for an update or if there is an issue but haven't heard anything. The tracking number just shows the label has been created. Anyone else experienced issues with this or can chime in? I know the label showing as "created" doesn't mean much if there is no movement after.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    The name alone keeps me from even caring about the product....

Not unlike a large number of other products in the fat market however, intellectually challenged names just seem to come with the territory.

Go split tube if you need to work with what you got, cheaper, and likely better. Otherwise, just lace up some tubeless ready rims, they're everywhere now....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I have tubeless ready rims and everything to do them. I wanted the black rim strips that were reflective. Best price by far and most people seem to have had a good experience with them so far.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Never had a problem with him. Had problems with USPS getting me my stuff from him though.

And USPS tracking has been sketchy at best the last few months, been really annoying. Not to mention some idiotic mistakes at the area hubs.

Your stuff shipped Monday (maybe Tuesday before hitting post office). I wouldn't have even bothered checking tracking till tomorrow when it didn't show up. I usually don't with anything I order online these days if the place uses USPS. I give it 5 days after I get tracking before I even check (if package hasn't arrived).

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for ITUO and Ravemen:
    www.rakcindustries.com

mtbr member
    I used the product on three sets of rims and it works. I have now switched to Sunringle tape which works better if you are switching out tires frequently. My experience with his service has been really good but that was about a year ago.

One other thing. The Bling Strips are fricken awesome at night. When light hits them they just pop. Love them.
    "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

16' Trek 8.4 DS
    16' Farley 7
    and I'm OK admitting..
    16' Sturgis

Minneapolis MN

mtbr member
    I ordered mine a week ago and they arrived in the mail yesterday. Did yours ever show up?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by canonshooter View Post
    I ordered mine a week ago and they arrived in the mail yesterday. Did yours ever show up?
    yes I got them a few days ago. I talked to Jim and looks like USPS lost them the first time so he shipped another set. I wasn't the most patient while he looked into it but I would order again from him for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've ordered twice. Never an issue.
    They don't lose air. The only issue I've had is when I wanted to reverse a tire, you will need another FattyStripper. Lighter and same price as Gorilla Tape. Lighter and 2x price as split tube. I'll keep using them