Thread: fatso tire?

no dabs
    Oct 2008

fatso tire?

mighty sailin' man
    ! ~ FATSOTIRES - Fatso Tires - 1 pair - $2,733.50 ~ !

I'll pass..
    out

Ologist
    I would get'em if I rode a wheel chair.

No, that's not phonetic
    That's anemic roadie rubber.

Here's real meat:

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Says here... http://www.colourswheelchair.com/pro.../tremor_09.pdf ...it's only a 24" tire...anyone thinking unicycle?
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

Self-defeatist
    It must come mounted to wheels:

Quote Originally Posted by Allegro Medical Supplies Inc.
    ...the "Fatso" wheel assembly will enable you...
    Pretty rad tire, though. Wouldn't that look good on a 1x1=11?
    I'm covered in beer.

Birthday Collector
    Sure is sad to see that nothing has changed in the wheelchair supply side of things price-wise. These vendors rape their customers so blantantly it is not even funny. When I ran a shop, we would get the special grey tires from the distributors that sold them and make the same margin that we would on a regular bike tire - and sell them for one-fifth the price the medical supply places charged. And instead of charging $40 each to install them, we would do it for the same rate we did a regular bike tire - back in the day, $4 each, and do it while they waited. Their option was to go to the medical supply store, leave the chair for a day or two, and pay a $20 deductible and let insurance get the rest. We'd get them out the door in about a half hour for about $35. It used to p!ss me off that those places charged so much for something that somebody HAD to have.
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

no dabs
    Oct 2008
    got what I needed from the link, thanks. 24x4 isn't much to get excited about. there is no sense of scale in the photos I had, so I was excited that it might be more like 26x5. 24x4 makes sense for an offroad wheelchair from a gearing perspective though, I guess.

the roleez tires also look cool for a project... maybe a single wheel sand bike trailer. They don't seem to be for snow use though, with minimum service temperatures above 0F. They also don't seem appropriate for use a drive wheels, given the means of hooking the tire to the hub. Still cool that they exist, and I suppose running them below their rated temperature (looks like they may be welded pvc sheet, like pond liner material) might just result in more rolling resistance and a shorter life, not catastrophe...

mtbr member
    Yeah! I think the kids say " 'fo shizzle" a supafat BOB would be the "shiznit". Don't forget to accomodate those of us with 165mm hubs...the largest BOB yoke will only accomodate a 160...
    Last edited by damnitman; 01-17-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?