Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Loser
    I got a Bluto and built a new front wheel with a used rim for about $820. 15% coupon off at universal cycles.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Bluto with remote lockout $711.00 wheel build with FAT-SNO hub, about $275.00. Now just waiting for bike to arrive in the next 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Re: FatBoy with Bluto?

Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    I took it on a lap on the pump track it felt good, though a bit stiff at 100psi, I dropped some air to 90psi, we'll see how that goes. I'm 170 or so without my pack on.

I took my first ride at 80psi, below the recommendation on the fork. I'm 155lbs plus gear... and with 80psi felt like i could go lower still.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Bluto $643 plus salsa hub $125 (minus discounts). Luckily salsa hub has very similar dimensions to original hub flange so I could rebuild wheel with original spokes and nipples. Oh and a few bucks for a longer brake line, don't forget that or project will have delay.

mtbr member
    This is on ebay this morning. Hub included for $643
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

Loser
    I took my Fatboy with Bluto out on a "real" ride today - up until now I've only taken it out on solo rides at the local place that's mostly non-technical. Today I went to a place that's highly technical on a ride with one other guy who rides pretty fast. In the past with the Fatboy I had to slow down on the technical stuff, today it felt a lot more like riding any other mountain bike, I charged into rock gardens, boosted air and generally had a great time. Definitely a game changer - it was a blast and I had no problem keeping this guy behind me today. I don't have any problem keeping him behind me on my Niner, but I honestly think I was riding about as fast as I can on my RIP9.

I have a bash guard on the bike and had to take off the front derailleur for it to fit, I need fix that - I dropped my chain to the granny 4 or 5 times throughout the ride. I guess that's not so bad, but I think I'm going to put a narrow/wide ring on so I don't drop the chain.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I don't want to spam, my local LBS in Anaheim Hills is installing a Bluto 80mm for me, and scheduling a setup time to dial it it. It includes all the other bits back, and it becomes part of the lifetime warranty on my Fatboy. it's $900, but after buying 3 bikes from these boys, I know they will take care of everything until it is where I want it. 900 may be more than some want to pay, but for turn key in socal, it may be what you want. If you want any info, PM me. Cheers,
    FGO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5