mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Fatbike summit interest

If there was going to be a fatbike summit in Utah late January or February would you be interested in attending? If there was an easy place to ship your bike to prior to arriving would it make it easier for you to attend? I would expect that you could also send some of your other winter toys so you could do some skiing, etc. If this was to come together what types of events would interest you?

I was bouncing some ideas around with ... and this came up.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    The Fat Bike Summit will literally be in my back yard. If you have any questions let me know-I am a fat bike noob though (see grumpy thread). I work with the local trails organization also. Check out our FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/OgdenTrailsNetwork

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    This summit already exists I believe.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Maybe another one has been planned already, I don't know. This "idea" was hatched in July and we just spoke about it again last week at IB.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    In Summit County? (sorry, couldn't resist)
    Would love to go and ride the old trails again, but on snow and on proper tire size this time (1.95 was the hot ticket when I lived and raced in Utah in the period when XC racing was at its peak in the US, namely 1993-2001. Good times, indeed. Will probably be too busy designing our Mk4 bikes up here in the sub-Arctic, though.
    Dang, maybe I should hook up with my old sponsor Mike from Canyon Bicycles and have him distribute our bikes in Utah.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes
    Our fatbike videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/NDprototyping?feature=mhee

addicted to chunk
    So it looks like it was originally Idaho, but it's now Ogden UT?

Either way, I hope to be out there for work by then....might just have to put the fatty on the jeep & drive down!!
    Riding.....

Elitest thrill junkie
    No, we'll be riding in Alaska. If I go to the lower 48 during winter, I'm going to Phoenix to ride my enduro.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I would be interested in coming down from western MT. I think a vendor fair and fat bike-related market/swap component would be a cool addition. With realistic/affordable booth fees, especially for the smaller cottage industry companies to show and demo their goods. I was interested in being a sponsor/vendor for the fat bike summit/festival last year in Idaho, but the sponsor costs were way out of my budget.
    Surly Pugsley, Salsa El Mariachi, Salsa Vaya

Part time bag/pogie maker:
    http://wanderlust-gear.com