Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1725
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post

You are an inspiration to us and more so anyone who takes for granted the ability to ride a bike..... then someday dreams of riding one.
    That's a nice sentence

There are several people riding a bike with one leg, but there are a lot of people that are not aware that you can ride a bike with one leg!

A big reason I put these video's online is to give people a dream, show them, in the depression right after they lost a leg, that they might ride again!
    Help them somehow make the dream happen.

Show other people that it is possible to ride, make them reflekt as you did about things that seem evident,and in case they know someone who gets involved in an accident they remember the guy riding his mountainbike,

But, if nobody watches the movies, the message is kinda lost

Luckaly I also have other reasons to make a video, they are a bit like family foto's: It doesn't matter how bad your shoots are, it's the memory that counts, it gives you something to discuss over a beer in the pup, and in the retirement home you can boast about what you did when you were young

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing's impossible View Post

A big reason I put these video's online is to give people a dream, show them, in the depression right after they lost a leg, that they might ride again!
    Fat bikes are just about to go VIRAL, its like 29ers in 2008.... just coming in but not there yet. You are a machine ! I cant believe you do what you do already.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The Fat bikes are going viral, but they will remain a niche market for the next few years!

29'ers and 26'ers are more interesting for the majority of the mountainbikers:
    If you don't profit from the added float, grip and stability because you ride where you where riding with you 26'er, you only have the added weigth, inertia and drag of the fat tires.
    Add the increased Q-factor,the lack of parts, the higher prices,...

I do the majority of my rides with 29'er wheels in the sandman, that way I can keep up with my mates in the climbs and they can keep up with me in the downhill sections. We mainly ride stuff that we rode with 26'ers in the past!

I do notice however that things start to get rougher: The stonegardens and downhillsections in some XC competitions would have made downhillriders scratch their **** 10 years ago, what extreme riders do today would have been unthinkable 10 years back, and they even havent discovered fat bikes!

So, if this roughening continues, the fat bike will rule the next decade but I doubt that the ecomentalists will appreciate all these mountainbikers finding there own trail in the forrests!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The Fat bikes are going viral, but they will remain a niche market for the next few years!

29'ers and 26'ers are more interesting for the majority of the mountainbikers:
    If you don't profit from the added float, grip and stability because you ride where you where riding with you 26'er, you only have the added weigth, inertia and drag of the fat tires.
    Add the increased Q-factor,the lack of parts, the higher prices,...

I do the majority of my rides with 29'er wheels in the sandman, that way I can keep up with my mates in the climbs and they can keep up with me in the downhill sections. We mainly ride stuff that we rode with 26'ers in the past!

I do notice however that things start to get rougher: The stonegardens and downhillsections in some XC competitions would have made downhillriders scratch their **** 10 years ago, what extreme riders do today would have been unthinkable 10 years back, and they even havent discovered fat bikes!

So, if this roughening continues, the fat bike will rule the next decade but I doubt that the ecomentalists will appreciate all these mountainbikers finding there own trail in the forrests!
    I don't totally disagree with you, but this is a films thread. At least make some remarks disparaging the use of digital media, as opposed to traditional film
    Last edited by johnlh; 12-12-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: didn't want to be seen as a totally argumentative jerk

mtbr member

Pugsley Mid Winter sunset cycle 12,12,12

Detour commute home on the Surly Pugsley at sunset along the coast to North Berwick, -3C and baltic!, but stunning evening, static film with Canon Compact and on bike headcam and monopod using the Go Pro.

Last edited by coastkid71; 12-12-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coastkid71 View Post
    Detour commute home on the Surly Pugsley at sunset along the coast to North Berwick, -3C and baltic!, but stunning evening, static film with Canon Compact and on bike headcam and monopod using the Go Pro.
    I love the variety, and how your film shared the scenery & riding action. I wish my commute looked like that!

Fat & Single
    Nice vid Coastkid. Looks cold
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Static shots at -3C... I transpire to much for that kind of filming ;-)

wounded knee
    Been a while since I contributed to this thread.
    First ride on the new frame (other one cracked), a big thank you to Surly for a new frame.
    Rocky technical singletrack.
    We had 4 fatbikes on this ride, most that we ever had in one place here in N.E. PA.

Last edited by dirtrider6; 12-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Those trails look truly brilliant, Dirtrider6! Nice vid!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    Been a while since I contributed to this thread.
    First ride on the new frame (other one cracked), a big thank you to Surly for a new frame.
    Rocky technical singletrack.
    You have got copyright issues with your video. No one outside your country can see it. I think it as to do with the music you used.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nice vid, big dog!!

wounded knee
    "Those trails look truly brilliant, Dirtrider6! Nice vid!"

Thanks man, the guys do phenominal work on the trails there, they bought over 350 acres for riding and other sports and just started putting in trail less than 2 years ago, it's scenic, rocky, challenging, and unforgiving.

"You have got copyright issues with your video. No one outside your country can see it. I think it as to do with the music you used."

Sorry man, YouTube sucks in that aspect, just about anything you use gets flaged.

"Nice vid, big dog!!"

That would be Dozer, aply named, he's a big guy, but has a heart of gold, just don't mess with his food!
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Preview from the sandman meet and greet:

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Here the more final movies, some CC music, some effects,...

We had lots of fun!

mtbr member

Nice!

Here the more final movies, some CC music, some effects,...

We had lots of fun!
    I really liked that mixed sandy terrain you have there, looks like the perfect bike for it. I clicked the rep button, but you must have been the last person I did that for as the system said "you must spread some reputation around before going back to this person"

mtbr member

End of the Year Review

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That's a wonderful compilation, GBuckham! Very atmospheric, with excellent vistas and music choice!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Beautiful!

mtbr member
    Brilliant.. Thanks.

DJ

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gbuckham View Post

Happy FAT year!

Really wonderful Vid.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Great Video Gary 10/10

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just got my Moonlander a few days ago, so I thought I'd take it for a spin on the Moon! https://vimeo.com/56268035

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by peippo View Post
    Just got my Moonlander a few days ago, so I thought I'd take it for a spin on the Moon! https://vimeo.com/56268035
    One word... Wow!

DJ

Fat & Single
    Sh1t !!!! Awesome editing skills... more like an advert for surly.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast