mtbr member
    May 2005

Fatback XL geometry

I checked their website, but could not locate, any body got the spec's ?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Fatback XL geometry

Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93
    I checked their website, but could not locate, any body got the spec's ?

Thanks
    XL- 22" TT-26, HA-69.5, SA-73

Steven

Black Sheep rising
    They seem to be pretty vague about their geometry numbers, outside of ETT. I even contacted them through their contact page and all I got was their ETT sizing chart.
    Let the market decide!

N42.58 W83.06

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks guys.

Steven, any chance you can give me the stack height ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have a 22, tell me what a stack height is and I can messure it for you tonight.

Addict
    I know effectivel nothing about the 22" but I just built an 18" and my buddy built a 20" and we both agree they are on the large side of sizing compared to our other rides. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and he is 6'3" with a 36" inseam. We both said that we are glad we didn't get the larger size....not sure if that helps, but that is our Fatback sizing experience...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks guys.

Steven, any chance you can give me the stack height ?

surfdog, I have the 20" not sure how much taller the headtube is on the 22" if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RENCRN8
    I know effectivel nothing about the 22" but I just built an 18" and my buddy built a 20" and we both agree they are on the large side of sizing compared to our other rides. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and he is 6'3" with a 36" inseam. We both said that we are glad we didn't get the larger size....not sure if that helps, but that is our Fatback sizing experience...
    Interesting, I am the same size as your friend and wish I had purchased the 22" My bike rides small for a 25" EFF top tube. It is not enough to be of concern, just not ideal for my riding style.

Cheers,
    Steven

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    2 cents
    I am 6'4" and I have a 20 and a 22 inch. At times the they both feel perfect and at times the 20 feels small and the 22 big. I ride the 22 more than the 20.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks guys, at 6'8", I am looking for every extra inch and am hoping to avoid the expense of a custom frame, so comparing the stack heights for me is one important dimension.
    Drawing from Salsa site below (M and G-headtube values would be gr8)

Also pictured below is my off-the-shelf SS (23") which fits me pretty well, so hoping I can find the same (or similar) fitting fat bike.....unfortunately no demos of any brand in my area

Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fatback XL geometry-dsc02767.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks guys, at 6'8", I am looking for every extra inch and am hoping to avoid the expense of a custom frame, so comparing the stack heights for me is one important dimension.
    Drawing from Salsa site below (M and G-headtube values would be gr8)

Also pictured below is my off-the-shelf SS (23") which fits me pretty well, so hoping I can find the same (or similar) fitting fat bike.....unfortunately no demos of any brand in my area

Robert
    Surf,
    I've ridden JR's 22". I'm 6'7" and found that with a few tweaks it will fit me fabulous. I have a Pug now and am starting to hate it. The Fatback not only felt "right" in sizing, but the ride and handling were right on....just like a regular mountain bike. The key is in the wider rear hub and the longer ETT vs. my Pug.
    With the right stem and post I think you will be very happy. Also, I believe the steerer is quite long on the Fatback fork.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'4" and ride a 22". I was originally on fence about whether to buy a 20" or a 22" but after talking with Greg and John at Speedway and a couple of guys on the forum they all talked me into the 22". I'm really happy they did since the 22" is a bit tall but feels perfect in top tube length. I can't imagine how cramped I would feel if I sized down to a 20". The 22" Fatback is nearly identical in cockpit length as my S-Works 21" SS. I think the 22" may be slightly on the small side for you but should work fine with a long high rise stem. I believe it is pretty much the biggest fat frame money can buy unless you go the full custom route.

mtbr member
    By the way the headtube is 7"

Members who have read this thread: 1