Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    948

    Fatback XL geometry

    I checked their website, but could not locate, any body got the spec's ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,012

    Fatback XL geometry

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93
    I checked their website, but could not locate, any body got the spec's ?

    Thanks
    XL- 22" TT-26, HA-69.5, SA-73

    Steven

  3. #3
    Black Sheep rising
    Reputation: utabintarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    917
    They seem to be pretty vague about their geometry numbers, outside of ETT. I even contacted them through their contact page and all I got was their ETT sizing chart.
    Let the market decide!

    N42.58 W83.06

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    948
    Thanks guys.

    Steven, any chance you can give me the stack height ?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    131
    I have a 22, tell me what a stack height is and I can messure it for you tonight.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Reputation: RENCRN8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    115
    I know effectivel nothing about the 22" but I just built an 18" and my buddy built a 20" and we both agree they are on the large side of sizing compared to our other rides. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and he is 6'3" with a 36" inseam. We both said that we are glad we didn't get the larger size....not sure if that helps, but that is our Fatback sizing experience...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93
    Thanks guys.

    Steven, any chance you can give me the stack height ?

    surfdog, I have the 20" not sure how much taller the headtube is on the 22" if at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCRN8
    I know effectivel nothing about the 22" but I just built an 18" and my buddy built a 20" and we both agree they are on the large side of sizing compared to our other rides. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and he is 6'3" with a 36" inseam. We both said that we are glad we didn't get the larger size....not sure if that helps, but that is our Fatback sizing experience...
    Interesting, I am the same size as your friend and wish I had purchased the 22" My bike rides small for a 25" EFF top tube. It is not enough to be of concern, just not ideal for my riding style.

    Cheers,
    Steven

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    131
    2 cents
    I am 6'4" and I have a 20 and a 22 inch. At times the they both feel perfect and at times the 20 feels small and the 22 big. I ride the 22 more than the 20.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    948
    Thanks guys, at 6'8", I am looking for every extra inch and am hoping to avoid the expense of a custom frame, so comparing the stack heights for me is one important dimension.
    Drawing from Salsa site below (M and G-headtube values would be gr8)

    Also pictured below is my off-the-shelf SS (23") which fits me pretty well, so hoping I can find the same (or similar) fitting fat bike.....unfortunately no demos of any brand in my area



    Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fatback XL geometry-dsc02767.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93
    Thanks guys, at 6'8", I am looking for every extra inch and am hoping to avoid the expense of a custom frame, so comparing the stack heights for me is one important dimension.
    Drawing from Salsa site below (M and G-headtube values would be gr8)

    Also pictured below is my off-the-shelf SS (23") which fits me pretty well, so hoping I can find the same (or similar) fitting fat bike.....unfortunately no demos of any brand in my area



    Robert
    Surf,
    I've ridden JR's 22". I'm 6'7" and found that with a few tweaks it will fit me fabulous. I have a Pug now and am starting to hate it. The Fatback not only felt "right" in sizing, but the ride and handling were right on....just like a regular mountain bike. The key is in the wider rear hub and the longer ETT vs. my Pug.
    With the right stem and post I think you will be very happy. Also, I believe the steerer is quite long on the Fatback fork.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lancelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    996
    I'm 6'4" and ride a 22". I was originally on fence about whether to buy a 20" or a 22" but after talking with Greg and John at Speedway and a couple of guys on the forum they all talked me into the 22". I'm really happy they did since the 22" is a bit tall but feels perfect in top tube length. I can't imagine how cramped I would feel if I sized down to a 20". The 22" Fatback is nearly identical in cockpit length as my S-Works 21" SS. I think the 22" may be slightly on the small side for you but should work fine with a long high rise stem. I believe it is pretty much the biggest fat frame money can buy unless you go the full custom route.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lancelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    996
    By the way the headtube is 7"

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.