My cup runneth over

Fatback new design

Apologies if already posted (search didn't show anything) - here's a pic of the new Fatback.

I have it by way of excellent customer service from Fatback. It's a replacement for my 2010 Fatback with which I was having problems - many thanks to Greg and crew.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fatback new design-img_1065%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That frame may be the one that can convert me from my steel loving ways.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Someone else posted a picture of a similar frame they received on warranty. I did a little poking around on the Fatback FB page. The only thing I could find was the frame was made by the "previous" manufacturer they used. Not sure if they did a one off batch, if this was a new design for the future or an old design they decided not to go with. At least from what I found I did not get the impression this was going to be released as the next generation of Fatback. Of course, I could be completely wrong, so take anything I've written with a grain of salt. And yeah, that's a gorgeous frame.

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    Someone else posted a picture of a similar frame they received on warranty. I did a little poking around on the Fatback FB page. The only thing I could find was the frame was made by the "previous" manufacturer they used. Not sure if they did a one off batch, if this was a new design for the future or an old design they decided not to go with. At least from what I found I did not get the impression this was going to be released as the next generation of Fatback. Of course, I could be completely wrong, so take anything I've written with a grain of salt. And yeah, that's a gorgeous frame.
    I thought it was odd that there was little discussion on it - your comments may reflect the reality (grain of salt notwithstanding). Kind of an interesting approach to warranty fulfillment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That seat tube gusset is gross.

mtbr member
    Post-mount rear brake, tapered fork and Anything Cage mounts indicates fairly recent design trends.

mtbr member
    This is the quote from the Fatback facebook page, it's the only thing I know about it:

We did a run of frames with our previous manufacturer. Same geometry, different tubeset.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I believe member redline814 has one of these. Maybe he'll chime in.

mtbr member

Fatback new design

I've got one. Greg hooked me up with it as a warranty replacement. It's a nice frame. Chainstays are about 8mm longer than my old aluminum Fatback, but it otherwise rides like my old Fatback. I like the added stiffness of the 44mm head tube. The post mounts are nice, and the longer stays actually made for a more stable ride on snowy singletrack. Clearance is much improved, though I've yet to take advantage of that. The only real bummer for me is that I need a new frame bag, and the new one clearly won't be able to stow as much gear.
    Fatback new design-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368760375.270464.jpg
    -Chris

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    I've got one. Greg hooked me up with it as a warranty replacement. It's a nice frame. Chainstays are about 8mm longer than my old aluminum Fatback, but it otherwise rides like my old Fatback. I like the added stiffness of the 44mm head tube. The post mounts are nice, and the longer stays actually made for a more stable ride on snowy singletrack. Clearance is much improved, though I've yet to take advantage of that. The only real bummer for me is that I need a new frame bag, and the new one clearly won't be able to stow as much gear.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368760375.270464.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	799684
    Looks great built up.

Smash Mode: ON
    Is there a hole in the crown of that fork?
    Whatever floats your bike, dude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Mustangs View Post
    Is there a hole in the crown of that fork?
    No, there is not. It's smooth.
    -Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bme107 View Post
    I believe member redline814 has one of these. Maybe he'll chime in.
    You are correct. I was told these frames are a version they were testing...not put into production. They are the warranty frames. I'm very happy with mine and with the Fatback customer service from Greg!

I made a post about frame bags and this frame not long ago BurkeVT.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    My understanding from my last trip into Speedway bicycles is that Fatback had a contract for these frame styles with their previous supplier. When they moved on to their new supplier, there were a number of frames which were "owed"to Fatback. The supplier just coughed them up and they are all red in color. They were offering them as a special deal. Nice frames but none my size......

Anchorage, AK
    My daughter has one of these frames. It seems pretty light, but that could be the component selection. The rear brake mount is non-replaceable so you can't go with any size other than 160mm for the rear disc--not a huge deal.
    --Peace

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    That seat tube gusset is gross.
    You spelled that wrong. It's Grouse. Australian. And yeah it is pretty cool.
    No it never stops hurting, but if you keep at it you can go faster.