mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Fatback carbon fork review?

I am looking for reviews from people who went from aluminum fatback to carbon fork.Searching internet all I found was bike reviews with carbon fork already on .

mtbr member
    I have the carbon fork and the aluminum fork and both are great. the carbon fork is very stiff and light and took everything that I've thrown at it here in the Rockies. The advantage of the aluminum fork is that you can attach Anything cages to it but you can't attach anything to the Carbon fork. I recommend the carbon fork for racing or if you don't intend to attach anything to the front end.

Great fork either way

Moderator Moderator
    For sale: Carbon Fatback fork. Used 3 weeks, low miles. Cheap.
    Why? It is mostly suitable for a table lamp project due to the soft spot on the fork leg from this 135 pounder going down on the ice with it. For what it's worth, this seems to be an unusually unlucky experience.

Not for sale: steel replacement, about a pound heavier.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I had mine on my Fatback for a long time. I rode it in the snow and XC racing (central east coast area) for a long time. When I picked up a Carver carbon fork, I retired the Fatback fork to my 3 speed fat tire cruiser. I just removed it from that cruiser and its sitting in my garage waiting for its next use.

No issues. I completed the Shenandoah Mountain 100 XC race with it last year. Strong as hell. Still looks super. It allows some flexy to eat up small bumps.

To the original poster: My 3 speed bike had an alu fork. I prefer the carbon over the alu.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    No issues with my carbon Fatback fork. Like thesilversurfer I also have a 2nd bike with the Fatback aluminum fork which I like too. I rarely (like never) use a rack on the front or water bottle cages on the front fork, so 99.999% of the time I don't need the extra mount stuff. The carbon fork rides quite a bit better in my opinion. I would not hesitate to buy another Fatback carbon fork.
    Remember - Brakes only slow you down and gears are over-rated.

Bottom Bracket Biking Adventures