mtbr member

Fat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!

Fat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-32-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-31-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-241-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-221-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-201-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-151-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-141-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-30-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-29-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-27-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-28-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-26-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-25-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-231-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-191-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-181-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-171-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-161-.jpg
    80mm weinman DHL80 rims, 36h rear, 32h front, DT swiss chamion spokes, Deore free hubs, 3.5 inch CRUSHERS!!! Yeah thats right whatchoo know about those CRUSHERS boooiiiii!!!!!!!! 32t stainless chainring, 22t cog. Enough cargo room for a full size cooler of beer and all the camping supplys you could ever want. I also have a 100mm rim with a BFL I can throw on the front when I want to get crazy.

mtbr member
    Love it.

Shame they didn't widen the rear end just 1" - there's plenty room - it would make a good camping bike.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Great job. Enjoy.
    Just like Fat Bikes...the posters on here can go anywhere...and do.

mtbr member
    Give us a tire review! I love the look of that thing.

mtbr member
    Holy balls, man, that shiz tight clearance wise, were you sweating it as you were putting it together?
    Fat cargos are awesome, I wish somebody would production spec one. I have schwalbe fat franks(2.5) on my Transport and I couldn't go much fatter in the rear but the front fork has surprising a ton of clearance!
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    Holy balls, man, that shiz tight clearance wise, were you sweating it as you were putting it together?
    Fat cargos are awesome, I wish somebody would production spec one. I have schwalbe fat franks(2.5) on my Transport and I couldn't go much fatter in the rear but the front fork has surprising a ton of clearance!
    Well, I wasnt really sweating it beacause I found out the 80mm with 3.5 would fit by accident. I already had that rim tire combo on the front and laced up a Nuvinci n360 to a 65mm rim for the back but when I installed it I found the hub to be defective, so I had to wait on Nuvinci to replace it. in the mean time just for fun I tried my front wheel in the back and was astounded when I found out it cleared. The pictures make it look like there is less room then there is, the tire clears with NO rubbing anywhere and I can slide the wheel further back in the drops to get more clearance up front but my 185mm rotor hits the caliper. As soon as I get a 180mm rotor I'll just run it alll the way back in the drops.
    Anyway, when I found out I could clear the 80mm with 3.5 in the back I said to Hell with the Nuvinci and just got another 80mm wheel. So now I have a brand new nuvinci hub laced to a 65mm rim with Dt swiss spokes and another matching rim that I was going to lace up just sitting there. I am a single speeder anyway so screw the 5 pound Nuvinci! Just look at the box full of crap that I would have to put on my clean machine!Extra cables and crap all over the place. I am going to sell the Nuvinci wheel and extra hoop for practicaly nothing just to get them out of my sight! I should never have strayed from my pure singlespeed ways.
    I do go back and forth between the 80s and the 65s though because I could put so many more tires on the 65s like Hookworms. Maybe I should keep the hoops and lace them to some DMR Revolvers.
    Fat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-142-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-162-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-182-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-172-.jpgFat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-image-152-.jpg

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    What about this one from Salamandre Cycles?

Fat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-fatcargo.jpg
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob View Post
    What about this one from Salamandre Cycles?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatcargo.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	818616
    Wow thats nice. Tres beau, tres bon! Looks like old school large marge, some very strong rims. Looks lighter than a mundo. Why cant Surly make one similar that will clear moon wheels?

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    Wow thats nice. Tres beau, tres bon! Looks like old school large marge, some very strong rims. Looks lighter than a mundo. Why cant Surly make one similar that will clear moon wheels?
    Yeah, I found it while looking up the business, which is run by a friend of a French friend of mine. This is what I want, but only 4" tyres. Fat Yuba is IN THE HOUSE!!!!-fat13.jpgmmm...split shell ebb goodness

edit...sorry for the hijack
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    I'll take that in a cargo version for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Finally a fat cargo bike that is legit! No other way to get a cooler of beers into the desert. Bravo on a beast of a build. I guess it would have been nice to fit 100mm clown shoes with a proper bud-lou footprint in the front and back but, hey, you can't take all the glory on a fat ride, brah!