Fat & Single
    Awesome pics in this thread, keep em coming
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This was a ride in the spanish pyrenees in and around the medieval city Ainsa, not my hometown but a town anyway ;-)
    A mile out of the city you have a really nice flowy trail and bonebreaking rock gardens!

mtbr member
    Well winter has hit full force pretty much. So I haven't been taking many urban shots. These ones I kinda consider the rejects. Not up to even my notoriously low standards. So I can understand if you negative rep me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    @keski:

Great photos. it looks like you have a necro. pug? i have one as well, and if my eyes are working correctly it looks like some of your photos have a larry up front and some have a bud up front. if this is accurate, how do you notice the difference on non snow riding? i am heavily considering this as my next upgrade(buying a bud for front duty.) is it that much more cushion? what major benefits have you noticed? well worth the upgrade? less prone to pinch flats?

i dont mind rollling resistance, i am looking for some more grip and less pinch flat prone + MORE cushion(not that i need more, its more a want really.) or maybe im still a big newbie and asking too much

p.s. and is your bud mounted on a rolling darryl or clownshoe?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zskolb View Post
    @keski:

Great photos. it looks like you have a necro. pug? i have one as well, and if my eyes are working correctly it looks like some of your photos have a larry up front and some have a bud up front. if this is accurate, how do you notice the difference on non snow riding? i am heavily considering this as my next upgrade(buying a bud for front duty.) is it that much more cushion? what major benefits have you noticed? well worth the upgrade? less prone to pinch flats?

i dont mind rollling resistance, i am looking for some more grip and less pinch flat prone + MORE cushion(not that i need more, its more a want really.) or maybe im still a big newbie and asking too much

p.s. and is your bud mounted on a rolling darryl or clownshoe?
    Thank you for your compliment of my mediocre cell phone photography. I will point out every photo in this thread is no more than a 15 min bike ride from my front door. A plethora of material.

Your eyes do not deceive you Fat Bike Newbius. I as well rank among the Newbius.

The Bud is mounted on a Clownshoe. I've only had it a week or so. I haven't had the chance the do much serious non-snow offroading with it. 3 days of rain and a flash freeze left roots and rocks coated with ice. We now have 5-10cm's of snow coating the ice.

The Bud is noticeably slower rolling. As for cushioning. I would yes it has better cushioning. But I think part of what I am feeling is the fact the Bud/Clownshoe set-up is a larger diameter. So it rolls over top of stuff even more so than the 3.8 larry.

I've never run the Bud on the Darryl rim. Others have and may comment if they wish it so.

I would personally give up some of the traction for lower rolling resistence.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    A shot from today's ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedivewi View Post
    A shot from today's ride.
    Nice. Thanks for adding some colour to my black and white world. Is that one of the Great Lakes?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    About 90 miles away- Lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin.
    Are those your YouTube videos from the U.P.?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedivewi View Post
    About 90 miles away- Lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin.
    Are those your YouTube videos from the U.P.?
    Ok. I've visited once. Gazed upon Lake Monona from Monona Terrace. I'm big on gazing. I'm sure I saw Lake Mendota too.

U.P.? Upper Peninsula? Nope. Would like to visit it. A couple of my vids are from the Sibley Peninsula though.
    Sibley Peninsula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Geordie biker

2014 milage so far - 2,167
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Uh, fat bike with eating disorder hauling recyclables Nof60

Hi All: Yes, it is only a 1.9 Studded Nokian townie cargo bike, I guess it is undernourshed, no fat on it, hauling the recyclables+compost home from work. -15C. Right downtown by Yukon River. No other big town for 1500km... It would like to be a 14-16inch Pugsley with a Rohloff, or maybe a Fat Back with Rocker Drop-outs + a Rohloff, so don't tell it that it's not a Fat Bike, its' feelings might get hurt....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-p1010001.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    In sub-urban area's people want to ride quad bikes, but they have no place for it, the result is an indoor Quad area, exceptional open for mountainbikers!

mighty sailin' man
    saw these on RRB and they weren't getting the attention they deserved

The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-wtf.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

mtbr member
    May 2012

Bike Shop Girl
    Apr 2004
    Pugsley in size small built up as a daily commuter for the streets of Denver. I'll post new photos in a couple weeks when the Black Floyd's and rear Nice Rack are installed with panniers.

The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-8675776727_04318c7731_b.jpgThe Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-8676881884_5af20b66d2_b.jpg
    Bike Shop Girl Empowering women in cycling

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

This is London calling......

My kinda thread!!

I fairly central in London so have to expore the Urban Jungle; Which, so far, has been great fun!!

This is across from Canary Wharf, down the River Thames from Greenwich

The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-8750049005_db8e47bdda_c.jpg

The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-8903095953_c2b2a51b6f_c.jpg

The Fat of Suburbia........AKA Urban Fatbiking.-8928379258_71ed506e06_c.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3