Sep 2008

Fat Bike Tandem

don't know if you have seen this]

Tatanka Tandem | Schlick Cycles

'Calm Down'
    Quote Originally Posted by davefj40 View Post
    don't know if you have seen this]

Tatanka Tandem | Schlick Cycles
    No, but I saw this Frankin Fatbike yesterday... And it's being raced today here: Hanson HIlls

It's setup with BFL's and Clown Shoes. Looks like a ton of fun to ride.

jw

-

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member
    Yea I saw her at gnomefest neuve

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The stoker's down tube looks out of place compared to all other tandems. Maybe someone will need to make up a bigger rim and tire for tandems. Can we get any fatter?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I want a tandem fat bike mtb so bad. I've been looking for a tandem mtb for 2 years now, but nothing shows up on my radar that is in my meager budget.

Maybe I'll just wait till I have more money and have a fatty built up. I would definitely want 170mm o.l.d. on the rear. Hopefully a dual crown suspension fork too!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    saw it, and rode it. its awesome. Stupid fun. the reason that back top tube looks out of place is because it was designed for Chewey and his wife. with geometry of a old Co-motion they had/have.

i hear two drunkards will be riding this at the PWC on febuary 23rd in Decorah, IA.

git you some in decorah if you lookin for a great time and a chance to be pugsley world champion.

like me.

mtbr member
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to come up with a list of framebuilders that will make a fat bike tandem.

The only one that seems to be doing production tandems appears to be Sandman. Beyond that, maybe they're all "one offs"?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Saw
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    A quick google search shows 616 and Salamandre Cycles in addition to Sandman. (I'm quite sure that I am no help at all. :-) Since you are on a budget, I wonder what an intrepid garage mech-a-neck could do with a Mongoose Beast.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Saw View Post
    ....., I wonder what an intrepid garage mech-a-neck could do ....
    Something like this: My Dr Frankenstein pugsley build "this will upset some"