mtbr member
    May 2004

Fat Bike rentals in the Floriday Keys?

Hello all:

I'm heading down to Key West for a couple of days and would love the opportunity to ride somewhere on the beach. Up here in Spokane WA, all I get to ride in is dirt and snow... Does anyone know if there are any Sand or Fat bike rentals between Key Largo and Key West? I haven't had much luck searching the forums.

Thanks, Eric.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The only bikes I remember for rent in Key West are ss cruisers. The beaches are not very rideable. Lots of private land, military and other things really break up the shoreline. Rent a cruiser and ride everywhere you can, bike are the preferred mode of transportation in Key West.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks G. I'll probably be doing the Beach Cruiser thing in KW. Then I'll be coming home to some good Fall fat-bike riding here in Spokane!

mtbr member
    There are actually no beaches in the keys, all rock, mud and mangroves- the only real beach would be Bahia Honda on Big Pine, I'm pretty sure they don't allow bikes. The closest real biking is in Miami, which actually has some great Mt. biking and real beaches, lot's of bike shops/rentals (dunno about fat tho) it's a solid 3hrs from Key West to Miami. If you've only got a couple of days in the Keys- get out on the water and enjoy- the reefs are spectacular. If you get tired of bars and T-shirt shops check out the Key Deer Refuge on Big Pine, it's about the only piece of the Keys that's not paved.