Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    73

    fat bike fenders

    Anybody know where I could get fat fenders for my moonlander? I'm looking preferably for dave's mud shovels front and rear but I can't find them anywhere. Where does one buy these. Open to other fender suggestions as well if any.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    22
    I got my Portland Design Works Dave's Mud Shovels from Tree Fort Bikes.

  3. #3
    Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Reputation: JordyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,347
    Why can't you order direct?
    Dave's Mud Shovel
    Dave's Mud Shovel

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    Why can't you order direct?
    Dave's Mud Shovel
    Dave's Mud Shovel
    because they are out of stock most places - even direct - try adding it to your cart. found this out attempting to get a rear fender.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    244
    LBS advised me that fronts were due to be in stock soon, sometime next week IIRC. I don't remember them having a date for the rear ones, though.

  6. #6
    Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Reputation: JordyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChad View Post
    because they are out of stock most places - even direct - try adding it to your cart. found this out attempting to get a rear fender.
    such teases! sorry.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    188
    Is there anyone who makes a real "rap around the tire fender" for the Moonlander? I don't really care for the look of the mud shovel style. I have saw some homemade ones just looking for a produced front & rear fender if its out there? Thanks in advance!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    155
    Google RacePac 29er. Not allowed to post links or pictures yet. Salty man has a set fitted to his Moonlander and they seem to work well. Under £20 a set in the Uk.

  9. #9
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: mtbxplorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,382
    I found the PDW Mud Shovel required more clearance than I expected, and it started flexing and smacking the tire on a rough trail. Thinking it might get broken, I unsnapped it and stashed it under some brush. After work there was too much snow to go that route, and I haven't found it since. The next day I realized the seatpost attachment and "fin" were also gone, the quick release must have come undone somehow. If I'm really lucky, I'll find both parts in the spring, but I'm not too hopeful.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post
    Is there anyone who makes a real "rap around the tire fender" for the Moonlander? I don't really care for the look of the mud shovel style. I have saw some homemade ones just looking for a produced front & rear fender if its out there? Thanks in advance!
    Results for Fender Kits

    That guy may be able to help you out.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    188
    Thanks guys for the info! The Racpac29er are still not the style I was looking for, just not appealing to my eyes. I did Googe Moonlander Fenders and came of with a company here in the USA. They are wooden fenders that certainly have the style I am looking for and they claim they hold up really well!

    You can get them in black or you can leave the natural wood finish shine through a clear coat. They are beautiful! I was looking more for a plastic fender or sheet metal with the same style but these wooden fenders may do just fine.

    MK Moonlander fenders: MK Fenders

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    72
    I emailed planet bike to inquire about a cascadia style fat fender set. They said it would be too heavy and bulky and to stay the mud shovel route. I too would like a full fender option for general commuting.

  13. #13
    NONDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post
    Thanks guys for the info! The Racpac29er are still not the style I was looking for, just not appealing to my eyes. I did Googe Moonlander Fenders and came of with a company here in the USA. They are wooden fenders that certainly have the style I am looking for and they claim they hold up really well!

    You can get them in black or you can leave the natural wood finish shine through a clear coat. They are beautiful! I was looking more for a plastic fender or sheet metal with the same style but these wooden fenders may do just fine.

    MK Moonlander fenders: MK Fenders
    Ooooh! Those are niiiiiiiiice!!! Sort of remind me of Woody’s Fenders, but SUPER-FAT-ASS.

    Or, one could consider these less-beautiful-yet-fully-utilitarian fenders: Big O Manufacturing, LLC Home Page
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  14. #14
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: mtbxplorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,382
    3/2/13
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I found the PDW Mud Shovel required more clearance than I expected, and it started flexing and smacking the tire on a rough trail. Thinking it might get broken, I unsnapped it and stashed it under some brush. After work there was too much snow to go that route, and I haven't found it since. The next day I realized the seatpost attachment and "fin" were also gone, the quick release must have come undone somehow. If I'm really lucky, I'll find both parts in the spring, but I'm not too hopeful.
    I just found this lost fender in the brush pile, over 6 months later, but just in time for winter!

  15. #15
    Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Reputation: JordyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,347
    Wow, that's awesome!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 12:00 AM
  2. Fenders for a commuter/trail bike
    By cmscheip in forum Commuting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM
  3. Fenders
    By gregnash in forum Commuting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:53 AM
  4. Fenders on full-suspension bike?
    By panopticon2 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 07:58 PM
  5. Anyone run fenders with a 700 x 38?
    By moonedzx9 in forum Commuting
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •