mtbr member
    Sep 2012

fat bike fenders

Anybody know where I could get fat fenders for my moonlander? I'm looking preferably for dave's mud shovels front and rear but I can't find them anywhere. Where does one buy these. Open to other fender suggestions as well if any.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I got my Portland Design Works Dave's Mud Shovels from Tree Fort Bikes.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Why can't you order direct?
    Dave's Mud Shovel
    Dave's Mud Shovel

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    Why can't you order direct?
    Dave's Mud Shovel
    Dave's Mud Shovel
    because they are out of stock most places - even direct - try adding it to your cart. found this out attempting to get a rear fender.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    LBS advised me that fronts were due to be in stock soon, sometime next week IIRC. I don't remember them having a date for the rear ones, though.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChad View Post
    because they are out of stock most places - even direct - try adding it to your cart. found this out attempting to get a rear fender.
    such teases! sorry.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Is there anyone who makes a real "rap around the tire fender" for the Moonlander? I don't really care for the look of the mud shovel style. I have saw some homemade ones just looking for a produced front & rear fender if its out there? Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Google RacePac 29er. Not allowed to post links or pictures yet. Salty man has a set fitted to his Moonlander and they seem to work well. Under £20 a set in the Uk.

Moderator Moderator
    I found the PDW Mud Shovel required more clearance than I expected, and it started flexing and smacking the tire on a rough trail. Thinking it might get broken, I unsnapped it and stashed it under some brush. After work there was too much snow to go that route, and I haven't found it since. The next day I realized the seatpost attachment and "fin" were also gone, the quick release must have come undone somehow. If I'm really lucky, I'll find both parts in the spring, but I'm not too hopeful.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post
    Is there anyone who makes a real "rap around the tire fender" for the Moonlander? I don't really care for the look of the mud shovel style. I have saw some homemade ones just looking for a produced front & rear fender if its out there? Thanks in advance!
    Results for Fender Kits

That guy may be able to help you out.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks guys for the info! The Racpac29er are still not the style I was looking for, just not appealing to my eyes. I did Googe Moonlander Fenders and came of with a company here in the USA. They are wooden fenders that certainly have the style I am looking for and they claim they hold up really well!

You can get them in black or you can leave the natural wood finish shine through a clear coat. They are beautiful! I was looking more for a plastic fender or sheet metal with the same style but these wooden fenders may do just fine.

MK Moonlander fenders: MK Fenders

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I emailed planet bike to inquire about a cascadia style fat fender set. They said it would be too heavy and bulky and to stay the mud shovel route. I too would like a full fender option for general commuting.

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post
    Thanks guys for the info! The Racpac29er are still not the style I was looking for, just not appealing to my eyes. I did Googe Moonlander Fenders and came of with a company here in the USA. They are wooden fenders that certainly have the style I am looking for and they claim they hold up really well!

You can get them in black or you can leave the natural wood finish shine through a clear coat. They are beautiful! I was looking more for a plastic fender or sheet metal with the same style but these wooden fenders may do just fine.

MK Moonlander fenders: MK Fenders
    Ooooh! Those are niiiiiiiiice!!! Sort of remind me of Woody’s Fenders, but SUPER-FAT-ASS.

Or, one could consider these less-beautiful-yet-fully-utilitarian fenders: Big O Manufacturing, LLC Home Page
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Moderator Moderator
    3/2/13
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I found the PDW Mud Shovel required more clearance than I expected, and it started flexing and smacking the tire on a rough trail. Thinking it might get broken, I unsnapped it and stashed it under some brush. After work there was too much snow to go that route, and I haven't found it since. The next day I realized the seatpost attachment and "fin" were also gone, the quick release must have come undone somehow. If I'm really lucky, I'll find both parts in the spring, but I'm not too hopeful.
    I just found this lost fender in the brush pile, over 6 months later, but just in time for winter!

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Wow, that's awesome!