Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by buckfiddious View Post
    I gotta convince some friends to get fatbikes. or even mountain bikes. Or get some friends.

shut up. leave me alone.
    hahahaa diont worry, ill be your friend...

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    A lil air under the HuDus from yesterday's Fountainhead ribbon cutting picnic.

Further in the park:

Pics by my buddy Mark Stahl.
    Last edited by Drevil; 07-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Idk if you remember me, but I was the guy riding DH rig with the green full face helmet, was wondering if there were possibly any pics taken of me hitting that table top/ hip-step up right before the bridge... if you could please let me know it would be most appreciated, want to show my coworkers.. Thanks

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkultre View Post
    Idk if you remember me, but I was the guy riding DH rig with the green full face helmet, was wondering if there were possibly any pics taken of me hitting that table top/ hip-step up right before the bridge... if you could please let me know it would be most appreciated, want to show my coworkers.. Thanks
    Ha! Kinda surprised you found me on here. Yup, I got one my buddy forwarded me from his P&S camera. I wonder how the pics from the guy with the fancy pants camera turned out. Do you know who he was? Oh yeah, what's a hip-step up? Cheers,

rickyd

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    its like the feature that I kept hitting but a hip is pretty much a diagonal transition aka the backside isn't totally linear with the take off theres some lateral travel and a step up is where the take off is lower than the backside of the jump... If you look next time your out there or at the pics you'll notice that the backside is higher and at a slight angle hence the hip/stepup/tabletop lol

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Unsmooth

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Only now I realized what I should have while looking at this thread: you have 2 ti fatbikes, one ss and one geared!? Wow
    Ridin ridin ridin..... raw ti!

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by joop View Post
    Only now I realized what I should have while looking at this thread: you have 2 ti fatbikes, one ss and one geared!? Wow
    Ha! I wish. Although I don't have the money for two complete fat bikes, I do have the extra parts and time to swap the bike over from singlespeed to geared or rigid to squishy.

I've been having health issues the past couple of weeks, and I need to run gears (doctor's orders to slow it waaaay down). I threw on the Lefty for shiggles. On Wednesday I have a singlespeed race, so the gears have to come off tonight. Undecided whether to run the Lefty since it's pretty smooth out there (Wakefield, in Northern Va). Planning to come in last so as not to stress my heart out too much.

Extra cables and chain are all cut to the right length, I have two wheelsets, and two forks, so it doesn't take more than 15-20 minutes to go from one mode to another.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    J-hop over one of a trillion trees fallen during the last storm at Lake Accotink in northern Virginia:

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by noish View Post
    Here's a race pic.
    Looks like the front tire is floating!

banned
    Jul 2012
    Wow!!!! I love all the photos!! Great shots!

mtbr member
    Quick question for you all. What rims do you run for summer trail and single track riding? I'm looking into getting a 9:zero:7 and running rolling Darryl's originally I had thought about getting the ones with holes drilled, but does that cause them to lose structural integrity? I'm a smaller guy, so probably going to run Husker Du's year round. I'll have to sell my regular mountain bike to get the wife's approval on the purchase, but going fat year round looks like a lot of fun.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by f00g View Post
    Quick question for you all. What rims do you run for summer trail and single track riding? I'm looking into getting a 9:zero:7 and running rolling Darryl's originally I had thought about getting the ones with holes drilled, but does that cause them to lose structural integrity? I'm a smaller guy, so probably going to run Husker Du's year round. I'll have to sell my regular mountain bike to get the wife's approval on the purchase, but going fat year round looks like a lot of fun.
    If singlespeed and rigid, I am using a wheelset built with Speedway Uma 50mm rims. However, I'm not sure if they are still available.

If geared and Lefty'd, I have a wheelset built with Surly Marge Lite (65mm) rims. They work well too.

Tire-wise, HuDus have been my go-to tire, but I also like the Nate very much. When I started fat tires 4 years ago, it was the Endo, then I switched to the Larry when they became available. After getting the Nate and Hudus, the Larrys and Endos are gathering dust.

mtbr member
    Being local I can swing by Speedway and ask them in person. I'm still in the planning stage, test rode a speedway Fatback last week and the prototype 9:zero:7, but i noticed this week that the Fatback frame went up in price. I only remember seeing 70mm and 90mm rims on their site.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by f00g View Post
    Being local I can swing by Speedway and ask them in person. I'm still in the planning stage, test rode a speedway Fatback last week and the prototype 9:zero:7, but i noticed this week that the Fatback frame went up in price. I only remember seeing 70mm and 90mm rims on their site.
    Yeah, when I got my second silver Uma 50mm (about a year ago), it was the last one they had. Not sure if they've had any more made after that.

I see that Jones has a black one, which looks exactly like my Speedway, except for the color: http://www.jonesbikes.com/Wheels/Rim...funky.tpl.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    riding over some slippery logs last winter(kind of winter)
    Fat Bike Air and Action Shots on Tech Terrain-420728_10150597944278262_749470865_n.jpg

Fat Bike Air and Action Shots on Tech Terrain-431393_10150597944458262_745895121_n.jpg

Fat Bike Air and Action Shots on Tech Terrain-427756_10150597944638262_822765715_n.jpg

Fat Bike Air and Action Shots on Tech Terrain-419808_10150597944818262_1430849380_n.jpg

Fat Bike Air and Action Shots on Tech Terrain-422392_10150597945048262_181268332_n.jpg

mtbr member
    This is from a couple of winters ago. Huckin an ole lobsta trap

2011-02-12 025

Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009
    This is one of the best threads on MTBR because it showcases nothing but FUN! Thanks to all who have contributed so far.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Great thread !!

My friend Jan airing his Moonlander.

Myself and my Jones

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Thanks for the fresh material fellas!

Wife, her friend and I rode Frederick Watershed and Gambrill today. We tried to get a clear shot with our latest camera (Nikon AW100). Didn't work so awesome in today's light conditions at that particular spot. Hop 1, Hop 2, Hop 3 below:

I'm on the lookout for a new camera because a lot of my pics are starting to look like this. Never had a SLR/DSLR (or even a camera where the lens was interchangeable), and am seriously considering one, but not sure I'd ever take it on rides because they're too honking big...and fragile. Just discovered the Micro Four Thirds system, and very interested, but have to do more research. Final option is to pick up a new Canon S100. I had a S90 that took better shots in the woods, but it stopped working properly after filling with crud & mud (thus why I have a Nikon AW-100 now).

If anyone has any insight on a pocketable (or nearly so) camera that can take sweet action shots in the woods, please share. I want to ride and take consistently good action shots, not do "photoshoot" rides . Thanks!

-rickyd

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Last weekend at Gambrill was so fun, I went back again today. Even wore the same jersey and shorts to make sure the experience was just as good

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Fun, fun fun. Maybe one of these Saturdays I will not have to work and can meetup with you.

Cheers,
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil View Post
    Last weekend at Gambrill was so fun, I went back again today. Even wore the same jersey and shorts to make sure the experience was just as good

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Drevil love seeing a rider with a nice big smile on there face . Good work .keep the pics coming .

Desert RAT
    There is no way not to smile on a fatbike!

mtbr member
    Ricky brings the party with him, there's always a ton of smiles when riding with him...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast