EAT MORE GRIME

Farley 6/MuleFut 80/tubeless/9spi/Hodag = cornering is off the charts

is there any tire that corners better than this ? I just got a Farley tubeless hodag setup and I been MTB'er over 30 years...and I can rip when motivated....

with these dang Hodags...can simply rail corners and lean further over with no chance of slipping anywhere near the limit of any other tire in any size.

is there any other tire on normal rims or fat rims (say, 27.5 2.3) or otherwise that can do this ? this is freaking amazing, like I discovered something top secret here....seriously spooky how much these dig in and feel in total control. Hodags have all those extra sipes in the knobs and i am sure that is part of it...

[9psi f/b I mean]

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Glad you like the Hodags so much. I'm going to build a second wheel set for my Farley 7 @ 27.5 w/4" Hodags.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Not sure if you've tried other fat tires, but fatties in general grip like no other skinnies. Haven't tried Hodags, but I do ride Chupacabras and they're awesome. Bontrager makes some quality tires.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Welcome to the fat tired life. Rip corners for a couple months, than try doing the same on your 29er. I will be expecting an update from your local ER.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:01 View Post
    Not sure if you've tried other fat tires, but fatties in general grip like no other skinnies. Haven't tried Hodags, but I do ride Chupacabras and they're awesome. Bontrager makes some quality tires.
    knards and nates and larrys..oh yeah and of course endomorphs which are a complete joke...been riding fat bikes way back since pugsleys first changed from purple to grey as a color option.

hodag blows all of them away

since 4/10/2009
    Yeah, Nates don't have the best cornering traction in the world, but when it's wet and loose (when I use Nates), I'm generally not ripping the trail and needing lots of cornering traction.

I am riding Husker Dus right now and they corner much better when the trail is firm. They don't have enough bite to corner really well if it's dusty, though.