mtbr member

DT Swiss 350 Big Ride--how are they holding up

How are the Dt Swiss 350s Big Rides holding up? I am looking for a somewhat inexpensive rear hub 197mm. The factory hub on my Blizzard is on its way out. I have used i9s (197), hope (177) and Onyx (177). I9s are just too loud, hope was meh and the onyx, while awesome, is more than I want to spend on a back up fat bike.

So that leaves the Dt Swiss, they are not expensive, but I don't see much on them..maybe that is a good thing as no one is complaining

How are they holding up? Anyone have issues with them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have a set with Jackalope rims on my BlackBorow. Been running them for 3 or 4 months now. I'm in the 280 pound range and the last word anyone would use to describe my riding style is graceful. I give them an A+.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    good after 90 days of beating on them

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Mikesee who builds lots and lots of wheels loves them. Sell me your onyx or I9's for cheap to fund the new build?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info everyone...I order one

Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Mikesee who builds lots and lots of wheels loves them. Sell me your onyx or I9's for cheap to fund the new build?
    Lol the i9 is gone and the Onyx is here to stay, I will sell you a Hope for cheap

mtbr member
    The 54T upgrade (Bontrager / Trek) is awesome and is quiet as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducman View Post
    Lol the i9 is gone and the Onyx is here to stay, I will sell you a Hope for cheap
    How about no!! blew up a few hope rear hubs already. I will however trade your hope hub for your onyx...I will even pay for shipping.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The rear hub on my '16 Blizzard is crap too ... Rocky really needs to get that shit straightened out. Tired of dealing with it and looking to change to a DT Swiss Big Ride. But, I can't find one with IS disc mounts anywhere. The DT Swiss website says they make them. Anyone have any luck finding one with IS mounts?

mtbr member
    I haven't seen any that were not centerlock, so I just ordered an adapter with it

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Mine are working great as well. I too had to get center lock and buy the adapters. Mine are on Mulefut Rims with Sapim Race spokes tubeless. No issues at all, as with my other DT Swiss hubs.
    2016 Motobecane Bullet
    2015 TREK REMEDY/BUILD
    2014 Trek Fuel EX9 FRAME/REAR SHOCK FOR SALE
    2013 Trek Domane 2.3

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So apparently I'm not the only one have difficulty with the Sun Ringle hub on the Rocky Blizzard?

Mine blew up after 12 rides and left me a 4.5 km walk back to the parking lot, LBS warrantied the internals of the freehub whereby they promptly died after 4 more rides. Another 2.5 km walk...fool me twice shame on me.

All LBS's were sold out of the 350 Big Rides so I bought em from World Wide Cyclery. FYI if you're in Canada, 2 day Fed Ex ($60 USD) shipping only means that after 2 days Fed Ex starts calling you to a) ask for $17.30 in duty and taxes, and b) apologise for them being late. After 7 days they arrive...

That exchange is a mudda fucca. $197 usd + shipping + duty = $375 CAD, plus spokes, plus build.

One ride so far but they are beautiful hubs. The warranty guy at the largest LBS in Canada told me he's never had to warranty a DT star Ratchet before. Only regret is that I didn't buy them sooner.

mtbr member

DT Swiss 350 Big Ride--how are they holding up

Quote Originally Posted by SJDude View Post
    So apparently I'm not the only one have difficulty with the Sun Ringle hub on the Rocky Blizzard?

Mine blew up after 12 rides and left me a 4.5 km walk back to the parking lot, LBS warrantied the internals of the freehub whereby they promptly died after 4 more rides. Another 2.5 km walk...fool me twice shame on me.

All LBS's were sold out of the 350 Big Rides so I bought em from World Wide Cyclery. FYI if you're in Canada, 2 day Fed Ex ($60 USD) shipping only means that after 2 days Fed Ex starts calling you to a) ask for $17.30 in duty and taxes, and b) apologise for them being late. After 7 days they arrive...

That exchange is a mudda fucca. $197 usd + shipping + duty = $375 CAD, plus spokes, plus build.

One ride so far but they are beautiful hubs. The warranty guy at the largest LBS in Canada told me he's never had to warranty a DT star Ratchet before. Only regret is that I didn't buy them sooner.
    Not bad not bad. I raise you for an onyx... Almost $800 cnd for hub including shipping, $50 usd for custom color and duty/taxes. All cause i wanted to match my cyan front hub on my farley 6 a $2000 bike. Yah noooo thanks. Waiting on the 177x12 big ride to come out, hopefully the lbs can get me one....
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

This place needs an enema
    Best hubs on the market when you factor in cost, weight, durability, and ease of maintenance, not to mention lack of need to do that maintenance.