Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I am guessing he is more interested in removing the stickers so people don't know it is a Mongoose and looks/contrast have little to di with it.
    No, he removes the stickers so you wont cry when he rides past you on the trail and you realize he only paid $225, while your pedaling $8k of depreciating expectations.

Name:  arrogant prick.png
Views: 4457
Size:  46.3 KB

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTrek View Post
    No, he removes the stickers so you wont cry when he rides past you on the trail and you realize he only paid $225, while your pedaling $8k of depreciating expectations.

Name:  arrogant prick.png
Views: 4457
Size:  46.3 KB
    Pugsley decal set is only $15, so you can have a Dologley or Pugsmite for $240.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    BTW, there is a video on YouTube of a guy removing stickers from the Dolo and it is very easy. Once removed they are done for...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Stickers can be removed.
    But once you get the bike in front of you, stop and look first. They're nicely done and make a great contrast to the paint. Once off, you can't put them back on.
    (I always remove the stickers from bikes, even before I grease the bearings and adjust the brakes. These I've left on. This probably won't last, but I can't bring myself to do it.)Seat post measures 10.5" below the seat clamp.
    Post is labelled 028. The diameter of the painted seat post measures between 28.35mm and 28.50mm, typically 28.45mm (to nearest .05).

It looks like the post diameter is 28.6mm, the same as on the Beast. I have some 27.2mm seatposts that I will shim. Amazingly enough I found the exact shim size I need in my parts bin. No beer can will be harmed for this.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunalic View Post
    wow
    At $299.97 the Dolo is out of stock online already.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    And the Beast gone again too...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    And the Beast gone again too...
    you can get the Dozer from eBay, rakuten or toys r us for 187.49.
    Toys r us has a $10 coupon too. Very good deal.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hopefully they don't up the price of the dolo anymore. I really don't think they can.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Sold out in three days at original price. Raised price $75 and sold out again in a day. Boys, I think they struck a gusher.

Looks like a lot of people were eager to get into fat biking at an affordable price point.
    I like bikes, and turtles. Well... mostly turtles. But bikes are cool also.

mtbr member
    May 2011

My Mongoose Dolomite 26" - w/ fenders, 21-speed & front derailleur..

The frame IS ALL STEEL - despite "aluminum/steel" in the description on the Walmart site.

Below I've attached some photos of what I've done so far w/my 26" Mongoose Dolomite... These include:
    -added a 3-chain-ring crank. (now 21-speed. Cheap steel Next brand with 28-38-48 tooth rings.)
    - Added a front derailleur. (Fabricated from old stock 3-ring derailleurs - be sure not to use any with shorter "bails"(?) made for 2-ring cranks...)
    - Made & installed some fenders.
    - Added a bottle cage.
    - Added a clamp to hold a hand pump on the seat tube. (This needs to be a bigger, high-volume hand pump!)

With this setup I have some chain rub on rear tire. Fender stays are made from 12-gauge galvanized wire (9-gauge wire would be stiffer).The fenders are fabricated from plastic landscape edging (6 inches originally w/the top & bottom removed for a 4 inch wide piece of flat stock...). Threading & routing the stays was a bit of a chore / conundrum - I only had to drill two small holes at each side on the rear of frame to fasten the wire stays w/small screws & nuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-01-leftsd-dolomite-fenders-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-02-pump-bottlecage-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-03-rtrear-fenders_etc-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-04-frntdrllrdtl-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-05-chainrub-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-06-lkngdwn-frntdrllr-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-07-rtfrntcrnkvw-lrgr-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-08-frntfndrcollage-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-09-staybrkintrfc-12mar14-.jpg  

The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-10-rearbrksdstaysdtl-12mar14-.jpg  

Last edited by rotaidalg; 04-04-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: add additional text to the body of post...

Is dang happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by rotaidalg View Post
    OK, a couple of points & then some pics...
    1) This was only $225 - not $299. (Because of no sales tax in Montana?)
    2) The frame IS ALL STEEL - despite "aluminum/steel" in the description.

Below I've attached some photos of what I've done so far w/my 26" Mongoose Dolomite... These include:
    -added a 3-chain-ring crank.
    - Added a front derailleur.
    - Added a bottle cage.
    - Added a clamp to hold a hand pump on the seat tube.
    Hey fellow Missoulian I think you can get some better cranks (from freecycles) that might stick out more and eliminate the chain rub issue. PM me if you need a hand.
    $299 is the (new) price on that contraption BTW, will probably go on "sale" for $249.95 when the next container arrives from China.

I still have no idea how they can manufacture/ship a bike so large and heavy to your door so cheap... boggles my mind!
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Because fed ex or ups is giving them a great rate due to volume. Planes, trucks and trains have to move regardless if their full or not. Pretty sure the carrier would rather have them full.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dieseli View Post
    Pugsley decal set is only $15, so you can have a Dologley or Pugsmite for $240.
    Don't remove the decals... you should be proud of what you have. Putting other bike decals on just screams "this is what I really wanted but I suck at saving money". Taking them off says "I'm embarrassed". And everyone will know what you really have under your legs. Be proud of what you have.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    You sure seem to really like
    We get who you are. You don't have to keep showing us, over and over. And over. And over.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I can't believe how fast these things are flying off the shelves...

You sure seem to really like
    We get who you are. You don't have to keep showing us, over and over. And over. And over.
    Is there a double-standard? Other people get to say stupid comments but I can't? It's a valid point. Be proud of what you have and leave the decals on. Otherwise you just look ashamed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    Is there a double-standard? Other people get to say stupid comments but I can't? It's a valid point. Be proud of what you have and leave the decals on. Otherwise you just look ashamed.
    just report this user thats what i do then use ignore

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to duggus again.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotaidalg View Post
    OK, a couple of points & then some pics...
    1) This was only $225 - not $299. (Because of no sales tax in Montana?)
    2) The frame IS ALL STEEL - despite "aluminum/steel" in the description.

-added a 3-chain-ring crank.
    - Added a front derailleur.
    - Added a bottle cage.
    - Added a clamp to hold a hand pump on the seat tube.
    Those are simultaneously the most craptacular AND awesome fenders I have ever seen in my life- Absolutely brilliant idea. My grandfather, who believed that there was nothing in life that couldn't be fixed with bailing wire, would salute you. Ride the hell out of that thing!

And that front derailleur is amazing.

I stand in awe at your bodging stuff together skills. Seriously, amazing work.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Don't remove the decals... you should be proud of what you have. Putting other bike decals on just screams "this is what I really wanted but I suck at saving money". Taking them off says "I'm embarrassed". And everyone will know what you really have under your legs. Be proud of what you have.
    I doubt somebody in the market for this bike will spend $15 on stickers to make it something that it is not.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Does anybody know the front hub spacing?
    The rear I think is 190mm?

mtbr member
    If I got a Pugsley I would put Mongoose stickers on it so no one would steal it!
    2013 On One Fatty / 2011 Trek Sawyer / 2011 Kona Dr. Fine / 1985 Schwinn Tempo

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I would definitely spend 15$ on stickers, I plan too when I get mine. Most likely going to get custom stickers made. I'm prolly going to drop around 200 into the bike, as well as drilling out the wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Is there a double-standard? Other people get to say stupid comments but I can't?
    Nope.
    If you're willing to repeatedly remind people what you are, go for it.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast