Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 2519
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-dolo-brake-logo.jpg

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-dolo-rear-derailer.jpg

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-dolo-right-grip-controls.jpg

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-dolo-crank-arms-pedals.jpg

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Why on earth do we have to justify anything we do to something we own? It's your bike...to quote ShockG, "Doowhatchalike."

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    canoe, thanks for posting all these pics!

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    welcome

    I figure it's important that anyone considering getting one of these knows what they're getting.

    p.s.
    I drive an AMC Eagle. The 258's been baked, re-centered, mild over-bore, balanced, wide-band high-torque cam, upgraded HO head, HD valve springs, upgraded carb, HV coil & ignition module, 8.8 silicone wires, large core rad. And a swamp-cooler for those long trips.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat85 View Post
    ... Any idea of what the stand over is?
    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    I can change the stem. I can't change my back.
    I had back surgery back in '99 herniated disc so I doubt that your back is any worse than mine. I found that leaning forward over the bike makes my back feel better, not worse.
    This set up that you have .. so much more straight upwards actually puts more stress (pounding) on the lower back going over a bump. I advise that you set the stem and bars properly and give it a try for about a month or more.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    If my lbs started selling this kind of garbage, I'd find another lbs. At best, these bikes are poorly made to the point of being dangerous. I appreciate that they might serve as an entry point into fat biking, but they're so shabbily rendered, that in many, if not most cases, these bikes will be ridden a few times, then dismissed and abandoned as a pointless fad. As such they are more a disservice to our sport than a boon.
    Yup ..

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    291
    Some room to save weight for sure. But still just a hi ten steel frame and fork. Hit a few good jumps and that fork is done for. Also would be concerned with buckling at the top and down tubes and also at the brake side seat stay. Any gussets on there?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    kris7047th, Thanks for your suggestion, but my issue isn't a herniated disc, and the back is only one issue. Between the fat tires & sitting upright I can ride. Without them, two minutes is around the limit, and I pay afterwards.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    The shipping waybill says 49 lbs..
    Bathroom scales say the bike is 50 lbs.., but it does have a tiny front light and some dirt on it now...

    When I get the time, I'm going to pull the tires and weigh them and the tube. Going to try split-tube tubeless to see how that rolls with losing the inner tube.

    I took near 4.5 lbs. off my Beast with a DH tube and a Larry on the front, along with a token contribution from a drilled rim. Do front & back, for near 9 lbs. off. (assuming it's the same tire & tube weight as the Beast).
    HOLY CRAP that is HEAVY !! My Pugs weighed only 35 lbs stock. The Pugsley frame is steel also.

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-photo.jpg The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-photo.jpg

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    kris7047th, Thanks for your suggestion, but my issue isn't a herniated disc, and the back is only one issue. Between the fat tires & sitting upright I can ride. Without them, two minutes is around the limit, and I pay afterwards.
    Bummer about your back. Like I said in a thread I started I am healing from a broken pelvis which has aggravated my lower back as well. I dunno .. a bike that heavy. Have you lowered the PSI in your tires? That will help smooth out the bumps considerably and ease any stress on your back.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer650 View Post
    Any gussets on there?
    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-dolo-frame-crop.jpg

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-dolo-seat-tube-bb.jpg

  14. #64
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    915
    thank you so much for the pictures and info, it has swayed me. i will totally pick one of these up if i get the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ElliotN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7
    I can sympathize with Canoe about his cranky back. Me, I cannot ride leaning forward, because then I have to bend my neck up to see where I'm going, which pinches a nerve in my cranky neck, and my right arm "falls off". So I use a BMX bar and a cruiser saddle on a full suspension bike, and I can get around all right. My 2 cents. :-)

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
    HOLY CRAP that is HEAVY !! My Pugs weighed only 35 lbs stock.
    Yup.
    Loose around ~9 lbs going to 120 tpi Surly & DH tube on front & rear. Another ~400g saved if you 1.5" hole the rims... plus containing rim tape. Cranks will be heavy, but won't get you into Pugs range.

    From Beast rim. Note that centered between nipples/holes, that the other side's string of holes is not exactly alined. Not material to its requirements, but not optimum either.

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-1.5-inch-hole-template-beast-stock-100mm-rims.jpg

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotN View Post
    ... So I use a BMX bar and a cruiser saddle on a full suspension bike, and I can get around all right. My 2 cents. :-)
    I checked the spacing today. I suspect a BMX bar will be ideal for me, with or without the drop-back seat post. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
    ... I dunno .. a bike that heavy. Have you lowered the PSI in your tires? That will help smooth out the bumps considerably and ease any stress on your back.
    It's both bumps (degree and their character) and the stress. The fat tires, tested from 3 psi to 25 psi on Larrys and Endos, do their part fine for taking care of the bumps. Without fat, I can't ride without significant pain. A Beast with a 120 tpi Surly front is fine.
    Remaining is a position issue, nothing to do with bumps. I need to be upright.
    Heavy? Yes. But I get to ride. Priceless.
    And I'm certainly not racing. Nor going any of the places I used to take a bike long before there were these strange things called Mountain Bikes.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    thank you so much for the pictures and info, it has swayed me. i will totally pick one of these up if i get the chance.
    But not for what's in your avatar, right?

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Hard bumps can jar the back and neck. I also have compression in my neck but that issue is minor compared to my back and knees. I have had two knee surgeries on the left knee .. '77 had reconstruction and miraculously it has held up all of these years.

    Have you test ridden a Surly Pugsley or another fat bike like the Kona at a LBS? You may be surprised the ride that you will experience, and if you do the same weight shaving mods you will get the bike ridiculously lower = a better ride and easier to manage. Even when you do shave off 10 lbs on the goose or whatever .. by the time you add fenders (who wants to get a wet mud strip up their back going through puddles?) a seat bag with tools and gear it will get right back up there.

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
    Have you test ridden a Surly Pugsley or another fat bike like the Kona at a LBS? ...
    Yes.
    That's how I determined that near fat was an improvement, and fat worked, but standard geometry didn't work for me.

    Yes, it's heavy.
    Heavy just means I get there later instead of sooner.

    But I get to ride.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Yes.
    That's how I determined that near fat was an improvement, and fat worked, but standard geometry didn't work for me.

    Yes, it's heavy.
    Heavy just means I get there later instead of sooner.

    But I get to ride.
    I hear you on that! I also was diagnosed with severe Osteoporosis several years ago .. effecting my left hip mostly. Through a nasal med back then and now through diet I have been able to keep it checked at moderate. When I fractured my pelvis 8 weeks ago, the doctor believed I had RE fractured it (1st time 1989) So this time was a little scary for me at my age of 63 and 125 lbs 5'5" lady .. would it heal properly and would I be able to ride again which I need to do for my health to keep my bones strong .. enjoy getting outside? This ran through my mind as I dealt getting around on crutches in pain, the difficulty of sleeping at night because the fracture would not allow me to sleep on either side. So I would wake up with miserable lower back pain on the hour. I don't know what was worse .. the fracture or my back .. lol .. 8 weeks later it is all behind me YAY !!
    .......................

    Still .. I can't stress enough to visit a reputable bike shop. Let them know of your disabilities and they will measure you and fit you to a bike that won't hurt you down the road.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Have you given thought about a Ritchey adjustable stem? This is what was put on my Trek 520, recommended by my friend who manages a bike shop and I ordered my bike through.

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-photo.jpg The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-photo.jpg

    This bike is my pride & joy. My friend whom I ordered this through (a Trek dealer) did upgrades/orders with physical my issues in mind. I LOVE this bike. The Ritchey stem brings the bars up and a bit closer to me for a more upright position .. and it has adjustable positions.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Yup. BMX bars and an adjustable stem. I was aiming for the Ritchey, due to the way it secures the adjustment (haven't found anything close yet). Haven't determined if 100mm or 120mm will be required.
    I will be going for a drop-back seat post too.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dolo, frame crop.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	876150

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dolo, seat tube, BB.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	876151
    Can the stickers be removed?

    How long is the seatpost? Is it 27.2mm?

    Thanks for all the info!

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Yup. BMX bars and an adjustable stem. I was aiming for the Ritchey, due to the way it secures the adjustment (haven't found anything close yet). Haven't determined if 100mm or 120mm will be required.
    I will be going for a drop-back seat post too.
    Dayum .. a good post will cost more than what you paid for the bike!

  26. #76
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Man, for $225 I may pick one of those up myself if they ever come back in.
    I can't justify Pugsly money for the couple times a year I might ride a fat bike but I can justify $225.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Man, for $225 I may pick one of those up myself if they ever come back in.
    I can't justify Pugsly money for the couple times a year I might ride a fat bike but I can justify $225.
    HUH ?? Where do you get the fat bike is just a winter seasonal bike? Use your imagination and ride it whenever and WHEREVER. My Pugsley is great on city asphalt streets and a blast to ride .. and I can go places where my non-fatbike friends can't. Fortunately one friend is looking into getting .. probably a Mukluk hopefully sooner than later. He was so pumped when I told him that I bought the Pugs.

    Sorry .. but your excuse not investing in a Pugsley just doesn't hold water. I am riding my Pugs year around, not just in the winter.

  28. #78
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    It isn't an excuse, it is a reason. There is a difference.
    I know you can take a fat bike anywhere but my passion is not in owning a fat bike.

    FYI, I can also take my 29er in the snow. It does great in hard pack. It just didn't do so hot on the climbs when there was 4" on the ground. Still me and a friend were the tracks that day.

    Glad you like your Pugsly so much. You should, you bought it. However why does it seem to bother you so much that somebody could have just as much fun on a a bike that cost 1/10 the price or just doesn't need a bike of that caliber?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    It isn't an excuse, it is a reason. There is a difference.
    I know you can take a fat bike anywhere but my passion is not in owning a fat bike.

    FYI, I can also take my 29er in the snow. It does great in hard pack. It just didn't do so hot on the climbs when there was 4" on the ground. Still me and a friend were the tracks that day.

    Glad you like your Pugsly so much. You should, you bought it. However why does it seem to bother you so much that somebody could have just as much fun on a a bike that cost 1/10 the price or just doesn't need a bike of that caliber?
    Well your reason was flawed. But if you don't want one .. that's different. You read me wrong. I have no problem with you enjoying whatever you buy, but there are those reading these forums looking for advice or just trying to figure which way to go. To infer that fat bikes are just good for winter just isn't so. To each their own .. but lets be honest what fat bikes can do.

  30. #80
    Perpetual n00b
    Reputation: dgw2jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite

    Quote Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
    Well your reason was flawed. But if you don't want one .. that's different. You read me wrong. I have no problem with you enjoying whatever you buy, but there are those reading these forums looking for advice or just trying to figure which way to go. To infer that fat bikes are just good for winter just isn't so. To each their own .. but lets be honest what fat bikes can do.
    Give it a rest! It's damn bike not a cult!
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

  31. #81
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    I am aware of what they can do and also aware of what I personally want it for if I ever get one. If I get one, I me be able to justify spending up to $1k on it but not $2k+. Even then, it would be hard for me to justify that since I don't make a lot of money.
    I don't have that in any of my bikes and I ride the piss out of them and certainly would not spend it on a bike that would get ridden the least.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  32. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kris7047th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I am aware of what they can do and also aware of what I personally want it for if I ever get one. If I get one, I me be able to justify spending up to $1k on it but not $2k+. Even then, it would be hard for me to justify that since I don't make a lot of money.
    I don't have that in any of my bikes and I ride the piss out of them and certainly would not spend it on a bike that would get ridden the least.
    Umm .. I didn't spend $2,000. Got this way cheaper through REI, kids gave me a REI $200 gift card for Christmas, already had $111 coming back from REI in year end dividends AND since I ordered this bike days before Jan 1 and financed the bike on my REI Visa card I got 15% kick back dividend around $260 on top of everything else to cash out this month to apply to the bill. So after all was applied the final amount was around $1,100 for a $1,750 bike (including tax)
    You just have to know how to work it to save big on a better bike.

    I don't make a lot either .. retired on Soc Sec and drawing on an annuity to supplement. But I won't waste my money on a bike that won't last long. Did that before and learned my lesson .. was a wasted $200 plus bike that I rode maybe five times. It was not a fun bike to ride. I hated it. Had I the opportunity to test ride it .. I never would have bought it.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat85 View Post
    ...what kind of calipers are those? ...
    JAK-5, black, white, orange
    Detail:
    1. Casting alloy, one-piece design caliper body
    2. Optional spherical washer adapting structure, easy for caliper adjustment and mounting
    3. Mounting type:International standard mounting type & Post mounting type
    4. Compatable adapter : K1, K2, L1, L2, L3

    Next: can we buy pads for these?
    (other than in bulk from alibaba or aliexpress)

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tunalic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    479
    Nice Bike! I come close to getting a beast before ordering my On One. Probably would have gotten the Dolemite...sure looks to be a big improvement. I know what you are talking about in needing the upright position...it's all about comfort to me. I've change the bars of my Sawyer & Kona to Metropolis bars & ordered the On One with the On One Marys ....45 degree sweeps. Use to have adjustable stems on them also. Got a long set back seat post from Velo Orange on my Kona. Just got a tall nitto stem for my road bike for more upright riding on it! I've never cared that much about weight until I got this fat bike though....Just got it within a 1/2 lb of my Sawyer at 33lbs. Just makes it easy throwing it in the back of the truck. Fatty carbon fork coming in April!



    You should have no problem getting it under 40lbs.
    I'm about to order the 40+ lb Massif for my daughter...hopefully I can nock about 10 off of it!
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

  35. #85
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
    Umm .. I didn't spend $2,000. Got this way cheaper through REI, kids gave me a REI $200 gift card for Christmas, already had $111 coming back from REI in year end dividends AND since I ordered this bike days before Jan 1 and financed the bike on my REI Visa card I got 15% kick back dividend around $260 on top of everything else to cash out this month to apply to the bill. So after all was applied the final amount was around $1,100 for a $1,750 bike (including tax)
    You just have to know how to work it to save big on a better bike.

    I don't make a lot either .. retired on Soc Sec and drawing on an annuity to supplement. But I won't waste my money on a bike that won't last long. Did that before and learned my lesson .. was a wasted $200 plus bike that I rode maybe five times. It was not a fun bike to ride. I hated it. Had I the opportunity to test ride it .. I never would have bought it.
    I don't know if your persistence is because you love your bike so much that you think everyone should have one or because you are just so damn thick headed.

    Whether you realize it or not, you are being an elitist.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  36. #86
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    I was done after that post anyways.

    Back to the original topic and my original post in it.

    Nice bike dude, for $225 I may pic one up myself when they get back in stock.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tunalic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post

    for $225 I may pic one up myself when they get back in stock.
    Looks like they are back in stock but the price went up $75
    26" Mongoose Dolomite Mens Fat Tire Mountain Bike, Navy Blue/Red: Bikes & Riding Toys : Walmart.com
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Man, for $225 I may pick one of those up myself if they ever come back in.
    I can't justify Pugsly money for the couple times a year I might ride a fat bike but I can justify $225.
    Too late. Dolomite on Walmart website is $299 now! Walmart appears to be playing Economics 101 supply and demand games. Well, guess what... customers looking at this bike are price sensitive and will not pay the new price.

  39. #89
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    That sucks but I have seen some fluctuations in price on the beast.
    Sometimes The Walmart site will even list the same items multiple times at different prices.
    It may come back down.

    They could be raising the price to create a false sale.

    I am in no rush anyways.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  40. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    291
    At $225 they had to be losing money. Plus I'm sure the bicycle buyers for Walmart are actual bicycle people. They probably visit these forums and are reading this thread


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    98
    It sold out in three days. If you were the seller, what would you do? Probably be thinking - jackpot!!

  42. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer650 View Post
    At $225 they had to be losing money. Plus I'm sure the bicycle buyers for Walmart are actual bicycle people. They probably visit these forums and are reading this thread


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I highly doubt they were losing money at $225. If they wanted to price it higher they should have done it from the beginning. By introducing it at $$225 they set a price floor and customer expectations. And now we wait for the price to go back down.

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    ... It may come back down. ...
    Don't count on seeing $225 again.
    Look at the parts on a Beast, now add shifter, derailer, gears, disc brake hubs, discs, calipers & mounts, brake levers & cables.

  44. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    What happened to "Save money, live better."

    We all want to live better.

  45. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    620
    Glad the price went up; now it'll be a little easier to eschew something I don't need in socal.

  46. #96
    Is dang happy!
    Reputation: Mr. Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,174
    It will probably go on sale at some point in the future but that weak freewheel axle, cheesy BB/crankset and ridiculously heavy tires make it useless to me even as a "project" bike.
    The new low end fatties from Bikesdirict coming out this summer are a much better investment IMO.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

  47. #97
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    I agree, if you are going to try and upgrade it, you are kind of shooting yourself in the foot.
    If you want a cheap bike, get a cheap bike, ride it and love it for what it is. Just don't try and turn it in to an expensive bike.

    Now if you have old parts laying around collecting dust as many of us do then sure, put them to good use.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  48. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseli View Post
    Can the stickers be removed?
    How long is the seatpost? Is it 27.2mm?
    Stickers can be removed.
    But once you get the bike in front of you, stop and look first. They're nicely done and make a great contrast to the paint. Once off, you can't put them back on.
    (I always remove the stickers from bikes, even before I grease the bearings and adjust the brakes. These I've left on. This probably won't last, but I can't bring myself to do it.)

    Seat post measures 10.5" below the seat clamp.
    Post is labelled 028. The diameter of the painted seat post measures between 28.35mm and 28.50mm, typically 28.45mm (to nearest .05).

  49. #99
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    I am guessing he is more interested in removing the stickers so people don't know it is a Mongoose and looks/contrast have little to di with it.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  50. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I am guessing he is more interested in removing the stickers so people don't know it is a Mongoose and looks/contrast have little to di with it.
    No, he removes the stickers so you wont cry when he rides past you on the trail and you realize he only paid $225, while your pedaling $8k of depreciating expectations.

    Name:  arrogant prick.png
Views: 8451
Size:  46.3 KB

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rolf Dolomite Wheel set for sale
    By Wiplash in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 03:38 PM
  2. Semi-rad.com took a jab at us!
    By jmmUT in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 09:30 PM
  3. Rolf Dolomite Disc cracked rear rim?! WTF?
    By Wasmachineman NL in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 12:09 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
  5. Semi OT
    By pisgahproductions in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •