Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 900 of 2552
  1. #851
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tunalic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by blown240 View Post
    Did you pick it up to get an idea of the Weight?
    I didn't really attempt to pick it up knowing what them tires & tubes weigh. I have to go back down tomorrow and will take my scale.
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

  2. #852
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
    FYI for anyone who covets a second Dolomite wheel set from Mongoose for running BOA-G's, etc (might be better off to just buy another Dolomite, but at least you know they are available):


    Mongoose Customer Support (Mongoose)
    Oct 30 09:08
    If you would like to purchase a separate set of rims for your Dolomite, you may do so by calling 800-626-2811. The front rim is $75.00 and the rear rim is $80.00 plus shipping and sales tax.
    i'm seeing this just getting off work (around 1am) so i mean to call in the morning. but if you or someones sees this before i get to call, do you need a number off the frame? i emailed pacific maybe a month or so ago and was told i need a model number and production date off the frame to buy the wheel.

    since i started with a beast i don't have the numbers. i'm wondering if something's changed or if i'll need those numbers.

  3. #853
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    33
    Haro Front Fork?

  4. #854
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tunalic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    488

    Huffy Excess

    Weight 48lbs, bottom bracket shell width 73mm, rear drops 197mm est.



    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

  5. #855
    mtbr member
    Reputation: blown240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    918
    Thats a BB spindle I would like to get my hands on!

  6. #856
    29ers Forever
    Reputation: CannondaleF9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunalic View Post
    Weight 48lbs, bottom bracket shell width 73mm, rear drops 197mm est.



    That bike isn't worth it in my opinion. It is very heavy, and has really bad component spec. Especially the rear rim brake is something that I would not want on a fatbike.

  7. #857
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    33
    see the frame has the caliper brakes on the rear, wonder if the hub has the mounting for the disk rotor, just not being used/installed

  8. #858
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mr pinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    33

    Re: The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite

    Quote Originally Posted by blown240 View Post
    Thats a BB spindle I would like to get my hands on!
    It won't fit on the dolomite as it needs a 100mm BB

    sent from my back yard

  9. #859
    mtbr member
    Reputation: blown240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by mr pinga View Post
    It won't fit on the dolomite as it needs a 100mm BB

    sent from my back yard
    That a true, but it would fit in a 73mm full suspension frame. Then just widen the rear for a fs fatty!

  10. #860
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    That bike isn't worth it in my opinion. It is very heavy, and has really bad component spec. Especially the rear rim brake is something that I would not want on a fatbike.
    As someone said about that in the DK Duke branding...
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    ... Rear vee brakes? On a fat bike? Without machined sidewalls on the rims? Talk about $hit brake performance...
    That rear brake would be a deal breaker for me.

    And is it just me, or does that geometry look like six or seven inches of trail?

  11. #861
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6
    My Dolo with some mods done-

    Elixir 7 brakes - 180mm front, 160mm rear
    Shimano 7 spd shifter
    Bmx cruiser bars
    Odi Rogue grips
    Take off pedals from my DH bike
    And yes..... The pegs

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-image.jpgThe Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-image.jpgThe Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite-image.jpg

  12. #862
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    70
    I believe that fork says Hard, not Haro. Same as the DK Duke. I wonder if the DK Duke is 73mm BB as well? A fat bike that can use the BBSO2 mid drive!

  13. #863
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    70
    I know of another bike that came at almost that weight and didn't have very good components. A lot of us own it

  14. #864
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    70
    I think the bike has a 200 lb weight limit though

  15. #865
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Just bought mine right now at Costco Canada (http://www.costco.ca/.product.387644.html) @ CAD $259.99 + $13.00 (taxes).

    Let's see how a 6.2 person will ride on it...

  16. #866
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by virtu View Post
    Just bought mine right now at Costco Canada (http://www.costco.ca/.product.387644.html) @ CAD $259.99 + $13.00 (taxes).
    Let's see how a 6.2 person will ride on it...
    Hey, they're back!
    (no longer available for a while)

    And let us know if it comes with the original ribbed tires or with the newer knobby tires like their ad says.

  17. #867
    mtbr member
    Reputation: watts888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by virtu View Post
    Let's see how a 6.2 person will ride on it...
    I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam, and a 400mm post is at the edge of comfort at the posts minimum insertion depth. If you can find one, get a 450mm post. If you just ride gravel or smoother, amazon has a 100mm rise avenir handle bar for $12.

  18. #868
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    Had my dolo weighed at my LBS yesterday I'm down to 36 lbs and still have heavy tubes

  19. #869
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by PROJECT-BEAST View Post
    Had my dolo weighed at my LBS yesterday I'm down to 36 lbs and still have heavy tubes

    How much weight did you save on just the wheels?

  20. #870
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam, and a 400mm post is at the edge of comfort at the posts minimum insertion depth. If you can find one, get a 450mm post. If you just ride gravel or smoother, amazon has a 100mm rise avenir handle bar for $12.
    What you think about this seatpost: Aluminum MTB Bike Bicycle Seatpost 25 4 27 2 28 6 30 8 31 6x300 350 400 450mm | eBay ?
    Version 28.6@450mm?

  21. #871
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    I think around 12 ish maybe a little more

  22. #872
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Hey, they're back!
    (no longer available for a while)

    And let us know if it comes with the original ribbed tires or with the newer knobby tires like their ad says.
    It will take at least 2 or 3 weeks to receive but as soon as I open the box I am going to take pictures about the bike and the tires to post over here.

  23. #873
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by PROJECT-BEAST View Post
    I think around 12 ish maybe a little more
    Not wheels and tires, just wheels. Unless there is 12lbs to be saved in those aluminum rims

  24. #874
    mtbr member
    Reputation: blown240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by virtu View Post
    What you think about this seatpost: Aluminum MTB Bike Bicycle Seatpost 25 4 27 2 28 6 30 8 31 6x300 350 400 450mm | eBay ?
    Version 28.6@450mm?
    That post should be fine. It won't be super light, but probably still lighter than stock. Plus 450 is a nice length!

  25. #875
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by blown240 View Post
    That post should be fine. It won't be super light, but probably still lighter than stock. Plus 450 is a nice length!
    Thanks, just bought it

    Now have to decide which kind of flat pedals (to be used on snow conditions) and wait the bike arrived

  26. #876
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    I'm pretty sure it was 12 without tires

  27. #877
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,762

    Re: The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite

    Quote Originally Posted by virtu View Post
    Thanks, just bought it

    Now have to decide which kind of flat pedals (to be used on snow conditions) and wait the bike arrived
    I recommend plastic bmx pedals from any reputable brand... You don't have to spend crazy money. Metal flats are nice, until you slip and lose your skin.

  28. #878
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    For whom painted the rims.

    Do you removed the red color or do you simply apply the new paint on top of it?
    I am thinking to paint with a flat black, but first I'd like to receive some tips how to do that.

    If you removed the paint, what kind of product did you used?

    Thanks for any help.

    Edit: probably I will use Plastdip or Flexdip directly on the top of the original paint. Will use painters tape to protect the parts that I do not want to paint and apply the spray all over the rim, but the bike still not even shipped yet
    Last edited by virtu; 11-19-2014 at 10:19 PM.

  29. #879
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    33
    Looks like there will be better tires for the massif/compac bikes

    Specialized Launches 20? & 24? Kid?s Fatbikes With Lots Of Color Options

  30. #880
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Bike shipped, ETA from UPS to 11/26
    Now, let's wait!!!

  31. #881
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,762
    Those specialised bikes look pretty cool.. I wish I was a kid again. Or really really short lol

  32. #882
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by virtu View Post
    ... I am thinking to paint with a flat black, but first I'd like to receive some tips how to do that. If you removed the paint, what kind of product did you used?
    for diy painting of bikes, rims, etc., search the forums over at

    www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php

  33. #883
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    291
    I was thinking of spray painting my Dolomite in some ďHammered metalĒ type paint. Interesting colors and a unique texture.

    Next on my list is fender for the front. Iíd like to ride my Dolomite in the rain

  34. #884
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    21
    Has anyone successfully gone tubeless with their dolomite rims? What methods work? I'm running Surly Lou tires and the beads don't stay seated when I let the air out so I cant see how tubeless is going to work with them.

    Just add more stans right?

    Update: during my efforts to go tubeless on the rear, the surly Lou has stretched out a bit and is now rubbing on the chain stays. I imagine the front will eventually stretch out too and start rubbing the steerer tube. So in conclusion, the surly Lous won't fit on the dolomite .
    Last edited by j.rex; 11-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.

  35. #885
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by j.rex View Post
    ... I'm running Surly Lou tires and the beads don't stay seated when I let the air out so I cant see how tubeless is going to work with them.
    Just add more stans right?
    I haven't done it yet, but I've researched it. A lot.
    Sometimes the bead diameter is too large for the rim diameter and you can't get a good seal - period. One solution is more tape wrapped around the rim, to make the effective rim diameter larger. Another, is to put foam (like sill plate gasket) on top of the sealing tape, then more tape on top of the foam; this sometimes fails in time as the foam compresses. Another way, and seems to be the most problem free, is to use split-tube tubeless, as the 24" split tube increases the effective rim diameter, making for a good fit; some tire/rim combinations need thick 'downhill' tubes for their extra thickness. Another way to increase the effective rim diameter is to put a narrow strip of tape onto the rim where the bead will seat, then put your sealing tape or split-tube over that.

  36. #886
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    p.s.
    A narrow strip of thick tape on the rim slightly inboard of where the bead sits may help keep your Lou sitting where it should. Cheap to test.

  37. #887
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    155

    Sloppy slushy day in Vermont

    Floaters were fun, weather was really warm up here for late November!









  38. #888
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    46

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite



    Got my Ironhorse Dolomite from costco.ca
    Front brake was inoperable, scratched fork. So far I've switched out the saddle and put in Surly light tubes and Surly Larry 3.8's. Wow, what a difference good tires make! Feels like a different bike. Next is hydro brakes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #889
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuts View Post


    Got my Ironhorse Dolomite from costco.ca
    Front brake was inoperable, scratched fork. So far I've switched out the saddle and put in Surly light tubes and Surly Larry 3.8's. Wow, what a difference good tires make! Feels like a different bike. Next is hydro brakes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow in Alberta
    Can you upload a picture with a higher resolution?

  40. #890
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by virtu View Post
    For whom painted the rims.

    Do you removed the red color or do you simply apply the new paint on top of it?
    I am thinking to paint with a flat black, but first I'd like to receive some tips how to do that.

    If you removed the paint, what kind of product did you used?

    Thanks for any help.

    Edit: probably I will use Plastdip or Flexdip directly on the top of the original paint. Will use painters tape to protect the parts that I do not want to paint and apply the spray all over the rim, but the bike still not even shipped yet

    I wanted something besides the bright red, and granted the paint is on there very nice and super thick. But I didnt want to paint over it and have the color chip from stones on the trail and scratches from under the paint revealing the old red color. Powder coating would have required disassembling the whole wheel, which I was not up for and would have cost a few bucks, maybe a couple hundred.

    So I just stripped them with Aircraft Stripper, under the advise of one of the guys on the FB page. No its just aluminum, so nothing to see under if it chips. I didn't clear coat over it cause aluminum doesn't rust. So before tires I have about $10 into the cost of my wheelset and way too many hours stripping/drilling/and deburring.



  41. #891
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6
    Hydro brakes make a BIG difference... almost crashed riding a wheelie since I was not used to the brakes actually grabbing. They will lock up the big meats. I found a set of brand new take offs with rotors and all the hardware off of PB for $50 + shipping. You may want to start there.

  42. #892
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by momikey View Post
    ... its just aluminum,... I didn't clear coat over it cause aluminum doesn't rust...
    The aluminum surface will oxidize, forming a protective layer that prevents further oxidization.

    Except for those of us where they salt the roads in winter: the salt can corrode the aluminum away, so we need something to protect it, be it your choice of: clear-coat, powder-coat, paint, possibly a drying oil (linseed, Penetrol, etc.), or a wax on top or just a wax. If you're around salt, expect to need something.
    Which is why anodized is so popular. And even then, sometimes that surface benefits from sealing with a wax.

    And often on less expensive bikes, you need a wax over paint, to seal any micro pores in its inexpensive paint job.

    Also aggravated by salt, one might have an issue between the spoke nipples and bare aluminum rims, so watch there to see if you need to seal with wax. If you're redoing a wheel, anodized nipples are relatively cheap.

  43. #893
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    46

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite

    Virtu, I'm in Alberta too, calgary. What do you want a picture of? The bike as a whole or anything in particular?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #894
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuts View Post
    Virtu, I'm in Alberta too, calgary. What do you want a picture of? The bike as a whole or anything in particular?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am in Red Deer and my bike is supposed to arrive tomorrow. If you do not mind, I just want a picture of the whole bike and the original tires.

  45. #895
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    46

    The Dolo in the (semi) wild - Mongoose Dolomite


    The originals next to a 3.7 Surly Endomorph

  46. #896
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuts View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot

    It seems that the Ironhorse version comes with the old model of tires.

  47. #897
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    21
    Well I got 1 tire to hold air without a tube, 2 layers of foam, a bunch of tape, and plenty of stans. I'm not real confident with it yet, gonna try some other stuff and then maybe I'll post some pictures.

  48. #898
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    That's it
    Ironhorse Dolomite (Canadian version) bought at Costco.ca for $259.99



    Later I will post my first impressions, but my rear brake is not adjusted yet and everything else working fine.

  49. #899
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    291
    Link?

    I have a costco membership as well.. be intrigued to know if itís avail in the USA. My girl works at costco so may be able to snag a deal upon a deal

  50. #900
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaBum View Post
    Link?

    I have a costco membership as well.. be intrigued to know if itís avail in the USA. My girl works at costco so may be able to snag a deal upon a deal
    Costco is out of stock again (two times in a week), but the link is: http://www.costco.ca/Ironhorse%C2%AE...100106109.html

    Or, try to find by Ironhorse Dolomite.

Similar Threads

  1. Rolf Dolomite Wheel set for sale
    By Wiplash in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
  2. Semi-rad.com took a jab at us!
    By jmmUT in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 10:30 PM
  3. Rolf Dolomite Disc cracked rear rim?! WTF?
    By Wasmachineman NL in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 01:09 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM
  5. Semi OT
    By pisgahproductions in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •