mtbr member
    Oct 2016

DNM USD 6 Fat First Gen Which IS Brake mount adapter

I have been using the DNM USD 6 Fat for about 1.5 years. With 180mm disc with lots of spacers on my test frame. I wanted to test the fork on my Carbon full sus fatty with Shimano saint brakes, but no matter which shimano adapter I get I can get the alignment correct with either a 180 or 203 disc. Please see the pics if any one know which IS mount this is? It seems different to the other IS fork mounts I have seen. Also it would seem any new DNM USD 6 fat purchased now has Post mounts.

DNM USD 6 Fat First Gen Which IS Brake mount adapter-9059d3cc-c410-4cba-8e95-f3612c162894.jpgDNM USD 6 Fat First Gen Which IS Brake mount adapter-1876d6c8-d7f1-4032-8f39-a7ae50218b25.jpg

mtbr member
    Daft question, but have you tried flipping the adapter around and put the longer arm at the bottom?
    If its a tiny bit too long you could cut/file/sand either arm down to make it fit. I have done this in the past.
    Cube Stereo 140 C62
    Trek Farley 6
    Planet X RTD 80 Road Bike
    Nukeproof Mega AM

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeaski View Post
    Daft question, but have you tried flipping the adapter around and put the longer arm at the bottom?
    If its a tiny bit too long you could cut/file/sand either arm down to make it fit. I have done this in the past.
    yes, I have tried to flip. I could add spacer and file down, but filling down seems a little drastic. A spacer would be ok. I was trying to find out if anyone knew that the offset was.

BR

Nutrailer
    Are you sure it shouldn't be the other way up as MrP suggested, as these pic shows the 'Up' arrow on the smaller leg;

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  15.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    What a perfect waste of time

mtbr member
    Just a quick thought,
    the adapter you have may be a from a set of Avid brakes and needs the 'cup and dome' spacers underneath the caliper to bring it up to the correct height, pretty sure the longer leg still needs to be at the bottom though.
    Last edited by MrPeaski; 03-14-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Cube Stereo 140 C62
    Trek Farley 6
    Planet X RTD 80 Road Bike
    Nukeproof Mega AM

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I had the same problem. I contacted the manufacturer and they reluctantly admitted to the design flaw. Long story short I designed and made one of my own. Currently using it on my Custom build Fatty. I do not know if any of the IS adapters will work, I tried alot of adapters without any success. Hope this helps.