Muskoka

Devils'Gap Trail to Torrance Barrens [o]

...is my favourite winter ride. Just a great mix of rolling hills, gentle grades,and meandering flats, all surrounded by birch, oak, white pine, and numerous small lakes. Gorgeous!

mtbr member
    Great pics! Wish I had my bike (due Tuesday) and snow to play in. I'm starting to think in beach mode already.

How much does it weigh?
    Nice!

Was good to meet Brandon yesterday Fun little race we had in Kearney.

I need to get my wife that van.. so I can come up for rides.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgschulze View Post
    Nice!

Cool! I hear it was a great course and I'm regretting missing it now. Unfortunately weekends are short with much to do and I rarely get out on both days now. I was installing a new battery in my wife's car about the time you guys were riding in Kearney!
    Good ride today however at 3 1/2 hrs.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgschulze View Post
    Nice!

short notice but we are doing another group ride tomorrow. at least one from Toronto and a possible from Barrie joining us. PM sent

mtbr member
    Great pictures. Are those OFSC trails? I see some bikes running Nates and others Larry and Endo's. How much advantage do the Nates have in those conditions?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxx4 View Post
    Great pictures. Are those OFSC trails? I see some bikes running Nates and others Larry and Endo's. How much advantage do the Nates have in those conditions?
    these are multi-use trails but the clubs also use them. Some sections they groom, others it's just what the sleds themselves do. Very little sled traffic along this section actually. On this 3.5 hr ride we saw maybe a dozen, of which one group alone = six.

John loves the Nates over the others In these conditions I don't see a huge benefit though! I'm still running Endos front & rear on my 2005 Pugs and I can climb anything the others can, ie traction wise. John does have an advantage in that he is very fit! He says the Nates corner much better in sketchy conditions, I certainly believe that!

Cheers,
    BCD

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Well done on the photography! Looks like fun, our snow is melting and it was a short lived winter.

Muskoka

more of the same;

snow, rock, trees, and trails...

mtbr member
    ??some kinda mechanical problem with all the bike at the same time????
    Seems like a lot of pushin going on at that small incline???flat tires, broken chains, cement legs. deflated lungs?
    Looks like fun B keep the pictures coming, we're still snowshoeing at the village

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    ??some kinda mechanical problem with all the bike at the same time????
    Seems like a lot of pushin going on at that small incline???flat tires, broken chains, cement legs. deflated lungs?
    Looks like fun B keep the pictures coming, we're still snowshoeing at the village
    snowshoein' !! goodGAWD man!!??!! get yurself one of these'ere fatbikes and have sum fun!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Smile Fatbike potential rider

Near North is a great single-track rider who always had the trials sort of balance we all dream of. It has been while since I have ridden with him but if my memory serves me correctly Mark always rode on the fattest tires out there. Maybe he is a Pugsley rider in disguise! If we choose snowshoeing or fat biking at least we are all out there having fun. Also since he is a runner I suspect Mark would kick my butt on snowshoes. That said I know Mark would get hooked on his first snow ride! :
    SOMETIMES SLOWER CAN BE BETTER