mtbr member

Daily fatbike pic thread - rant

Commander I think we have a problem.

Is it me or are other people frustrated as well. People post their pictures in the middle of the thread (the last post was amongst posts that were 8 months old). Someone will make a comment on a picture (if I missed the original post) and since they are not in sequence I can't find the picture they are talking about. I think people need to enter the pic thread go the the last page and then post after the last posting.

The thread is 130+ pages now and is very cumbersome, time to purge? Or start having the pics sorted by years. pics from 2013, 2014 etc. or something like that.

Out
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

mtbr member
    You may want to up your posts per page in the My Account > Edit Options

Have mine set at 50 PPP.

Quoting others pictures without deleting the image drives me up the wall.

mtbr member
    If it's my post, which was the last as far as I know, then you have your forum "display mode" setting (you can switch it right near the top of this thread) switched from linear to hybrid or something funky because I posted last, and for me it shows up last and every other post is in normal, "linear" by date progression.

mtbr member
    maybe it is me, I was in hybrid mode (whatever that is), looks better now. I'll second the "keep quoting the picture thing".

my apologies.
    Last edited by temporoad; 01-23-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Well.

There is also the notion that internet forum threads aren't good at what that thread is trying to achieve. But, I don't have a solution to suggest, as there are several ways, but getting such a huge group to agree on which... yeah.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

Saw
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I second the "sorted by years" idea. It would make it much easier to find old pictures and the pic thread would become, in effect, a visual fat bike history thread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I completely agree, the format of this board drives me nuts. Every other forum I've seen displays posts in chronological order. Much, much, much simpler when you have a multi-page thread.

mtbr member
    I liked the 2012 picture thread and posted all of my pics there, but no one has started a 2013 yet (including me). I think over time they would become great historical references. Maybe even stickies :-)
    "The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt." - Surly Blog

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by skiing9689 View Post
    I completely agree, the format of this board drives me nuts. Every other forum I've seen displays posts in chronological order. Much, much, much simpler when you have a multi-page thread.
    switch to linear, top right corner

Daily fatbike pic thread - rant-capture.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

mtbr member
    A clever person once said 'hell is other people', I ponder this sometimes when out on my bike.

He was wrong though 'Hell is Hybrid Mode'
    A big boy did it, and ran away.
    62*28'