Page 2 of 269 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Squashing the snow on Lake Minnetonka and the docks // Last winter after the
    Ice race.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-4288517320_bacea9513d_b.jpg  

a lazy pedaler
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by modifier
    Who makes those bars?
    Titec H-Bar

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis
    Been having computer troubles in recent weeks, but today I was finally able to get some pics up of recent rides. vb
    Musk Oxen?! Dang, how far north are you? Gorgeous terrain. Something about the Arctic fascinates me. I love the emptiness...

mtbr member

This far, Will:

Nome AK 64░ 30' 4" N - 165░ 24' 23" W. You'll recall from the last election that we can see Russia from here. I sure wish they would haul off their junk and mow the grass cause it's hurting my property value. Musk oxen are as common as cows up here. A fellow rider jokingly referred to them as "cockroaches" the other day after locals complained to the newspaper they can't walk their dogs without getting charged. I still love seeing them, though. vb

Chronic Underachiever
    Nome AK 64░ 30' 4" N - 165░ 24' 23" W.
    Hey VB, have you ever ridden out to the Last Train to Nowhere site? (Solomon, is it?) Love to see pics if you've got them...

mtbr member
    Kikinik, I keep seeing photos of your bike and absolutely love the frame and fork. Who made it?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Modifier--

Thanks for the kind words. I am also a fan.
    It was made by Curtis Inglis out of Napa California.
    He makes bikes under the name Retrotec and Inglis.
    This was his first Fat build. I had it built with the Fat winter/29er summer mentality.

M

gumbies need lovin' too
    [B]Fat bike + Larry= mostest funnerest ride ever...

Last edited by mybrainhurts; 10-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member

Solomon it is, Mauricio

Quote Originally Posted by MauricioB
    Hey VB, have you ever ridden out to the Last Train to Nowhere site? (Solomon, is it?) Love to see pics if you've got them...

I have Last Train pics somewhere but all are from motorized excursions. Sounds like you've been up this way before? Here are a few other shots from around the area. vb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-beach.jpg  

Daily fatbike pic thread-dredge.jpg  

Daily fatbike pic thread-fall.jpg  

Daily fatbike pic thread-shadow.jpg  

Daily fatbike pic thread-road.jpg  

Chronic Underachiever
    I have Last Train pics somewhere but all are from motorized excursions. Sounds like you've been up this way before? Here are a few other shots from around the area.
    Have not been, but would really like toŚlooks like very scenic country. I ask because Last Train to Nowhere is pretty famous in photography circles. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to make some snaps for us with a fatbike included for scale...

Chronic Underachiever
    Here's my contribution from this morning's ride to work:

Fatbike in the Wild

bikeboatbrewski
    Dang my hip flexors hurt. Man I thought I was in pretty good shape. Shake down cruise kicked my but.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Nome AK 64░ 30' 4" N - 165░ 24' 23" W. You'll recall from the last election that we can see Russia from here. I sure wish they would haul off their junk and mow the grass cause it's hurting my property value. Musk oxen are as common as cows up here. A fellow rider jokingly referred to them as "cockroaches" the other day after locals complained to the newspaper they can't walk their dogs without getting charged. I still love seeing them, though. vb
    As common as cows? But they're not domestic like cows right? Or are people tending them for their fur or something? Also, I thought they circled up when threatened, not charged. Guess I'm misinformed. I've got to get to Alaska one of these days. I feel crowded in Vermont, and it's pretty rural...

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    kikinik - what handlebars are those? I like the wrist angles of my Space Bar and my H-Bar, but they both have equipment mounting disadvantages. Your bars look much more friendly toward my only complaint.

(That bike is stylish as hell, and the bars even complement the excess joint appearance)

mtbr member

Perhaps I exaggerate...

Quote Originally Posted by willapajames
    As common as cows? But they're not domestic like cows right? Or are people tending them for their fur or something? Also, I thought they circled up when threatened, not charged. Guess I'm misinformed. I've got to get to Alaska one of these days. I feel crowded in Vermont, and it's pretty rural...
    Or perhaps I should have said vastly more common than cows since the nearest cows are probably 400 miles away. Certainly they're not as common as cows in Vermont. These guys are wild, but hunting them is restricted around Nome and the population has grown dramatically in the last 10 years. There are three herds within 20 miles of town totaling maybe100-150 animals. A coworker had some in his yard the other day. You're right, they typically circle when threatened, but people with dogs have been getting charged lately for some reason. The local animals usually ignore me on my bike, or trot off 50 yards and stare. No crowds here, man, and no fences for 500 miles. But then there's not much else either. Can make a person feel small and insignificant, which is a good way for humans to feel now and then. Cheers and thanks for taking an interest. vb

Lighten up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kikinik
    Modifier--

Thanks for the kind words. I am also a fan.
    It was made by Curtis Inglis out of Napa California.
    He makes bikes under the name Retrotec and Inglis.
    This was his first Fat build. I had it built with the Fat winter/29er summer mentality.

M
    Your bike was featured at the Handmade Bicycle show, right?

mtbr member

Isle of Harris fatbiking

Just back from a week in the Isle of Harris playing in peat bogs. Took a few pics.

As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57║36' Highlands, Scotland

a lazy pedaler
    Jul 2009
    that scenery rocks velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

fat bike ak

found a musk ox near the berring sea on a fat bike trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-musk-ox.jpg  

mtbr member

Inspiring landscape

Draws you in and makes you want to see whats over the next hill or around the next bend of the trail.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Open space has that effect on me. Above treeline, bald mountains, even just pastures. Can't imagine what it's like with 500+ miles of tundra. I like looking off into the distance, and seeing no sign of humans. I often try to picture a landscape as it would have looked before we screwed it up. Vermont isn't too bad, but there's not many places (besides deep in the woods) where you can't see signs of people. Our biggest mountain (Mt. Mansfield) has a ski resort (Stowe) on it's flank, and an old road almost to the summit. The Long Trail traverses it too, but trails are another matter.

mtbr member
    some airtime Pugsley style on Sundays group rideout...friends liked the pug and there were plenty of big grins when they had a shot on the beach

plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    The lads at the bike shop had great difficulty with my helium filled front tyre:

(How can he do that and I can't?)
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57║36' Highlands, Scotland

a lazy pedaler
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobike
    (How can he do that and I can't?)

I was trying yesterday and my knee started to hurt!

coastkid is a pug wheelie master too!

Devo
    from Monterey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-page_101.jpg  

www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

Page 2 of 269 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast