Page 149 of 419 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 10452
    i don't give a shift
    Looks like my fat-biking season is coming to an end. Yesterday and a week ago.

blogging @29in.CH

Nemophilist
    Quote Originally Posted by collideous View Post
    Looks like my fat-biking season is coming to an end.
    Nah...

A Swiss Army Knife is always in season.
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker

i don't give a shift
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailMaker View Post
    A Swiss Army Knife is always in season.
    True. Some other bikes want to be ridden too, though. If I had to limit myself to one bike, the fat-bike would be the one
    blogging @29in.CH

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by collideous View Post
    True. Some other bikes want to be ridden too, though. If I had to limit myself to one bike, the fat-bike would be the one
    That bike looks even better with some snow and dirt on it. Some nice terrain for it, too.

Nemophilist
    Indeed;

As long as yur gettin out and havin fun, Bruddah!
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker

mtbr member
    Local woods and the snow is gone. The Moon lander is upper fun on dirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-0405131336-00.jpg  

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    May 2009

mtbr member
    ^ Nice shot, real moody atmosphere.

Bike looks cool too
    Leave nothing but footprints & take nothing but photographs.

mtbr member

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Code Runner View Post
    Is that Wyoming? Great picture, If that is where you live you are lucky.

mtbr member
    Daily fatbike pic thread-fatt.jpgDaily fatbike pic thread-fat.jpg

mtbr member
    Signs of spring in ontario.... finally riding on some dirt!

Name:  IMG_1210.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7162.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8222.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  24.7 KB
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Porcupine Rim

Big big fun was had.

Daily fatbike pic thread-porky.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009

Re: Daily fatbike pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    Is that Wyoming? Great picture, If that is where you live you are lucky.
    Salt Lake City, lucky indeed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Still some snow in western NY.Daily fatbike pic thread-hollister-4-8-13snow1.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here are 3 pics and a video I made from some footage of riding around Pt Reyes National Seashore in Northern CA. I am not certain this was legal as there was a sign that said biking in designated areas only. I scouted out a trail and it had a no biking sign, so I stayed away from that particular trail and headed to the beach/shore via the Limantour trail. I tried to maintain minimum impact to the area.

Daily fatbike pic thread-td1bfny.jpg

Daily fatbike pic thread-qoawrqh.jpg

Daily fatbike pic thread-uxs1aex.jpg

middle ring single track

Great video...

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Toobs View Post
    Here are 3 pics and a video I made from some footage of riding around Pt Reyes National Seashore in Northern CA. I am not certain this was legal as there was a sign that said biking in designated areas only. I scouted out a trail and it had a no biking sign, so I stayed away from that particular trail and headed to the beach/shore via the Limantour trail. I tried to maintain minimum impact to the area.
    ...but yes it looks like you were riding in a closed area. (sorry to be the buzz-kill!) Be sure to check the maps http://www.nps.gov/pore/planyourvisi...d/map_park.pdf before you go again; red dashed lines = bikes OK, black dashed lines = no bikes. Tan areas = bikes OK; green areas (wilderness classification) = no bikes.

It's not uncommon for "no bikes" signs to go missing from trails around here but that excuse doesn't always work in court! (if trying to fight a citation)

Another rule-of-thumb for California beaches is if you're below the mean high tide line you might be OK; otherwise probably not. Only a very few areas you can ride beach dunes unimpeded; especially if they're vegetated (nesting habitat for all sorts of critters)
    The views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not represent any policy of the CA Dept. of Parks & Rec.

PRETENDURO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tD1bfny.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	788693

Name:	QoAwrqh.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	788694

Name:	uXS1AeX.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	788695

Nice! Point Reyes would be a great place to ride. Perhaps I should drive up there with my fatbike someday and scope it out.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brebla View Post
    Still some snow in western NY.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollister 4-8-13snow1.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	788692
    harriet hollister?
    used to mtb and ski there...

NMBP

I like the video, nice perspective with the wheel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My new 2013 Salsa Mukluk 2 on South Mountain, AZ

Daily fatbike pic thread-imag0121_1024x612.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My singlespeed Pugs

One of my son enjoying the Pugs

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bmike View Post
    harriet hollister?
    used to mtb and ski there...
    Yes. No snow anywhere until you pull up to the entrance.

mtbr member
    I doubt it was legal, being a National Park. I found out the hard way here in Michigan last November at Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore. Funny thing was, a ranger allowed me to ride it a year earlier in a different spot. Gomez was in the area a few days before me, found out it was NOT legal to ride. He e-mailed me, but I didn't take my computer with me that weekend. An experienced ranger gave me a written warning as there were no signs posted about bike access, but "No Wheeled Vehicles" was. He wrote me up with no fine for violating federal vehicle code 36. A bicycle is considered a wheeled vehicle in National Parks. Ask the Park if you want to know for sure. If you get caught, and it is illegal, don't argue. If you piss off the park ranger you are looking at fines or even having your bike impounded. They typically will not take your bike here in Michigan unless it's a second offense. I have to be on my best behavior in National Parks for a year, as my name, pic of my bike, and vehicle license plate# are on file. Keep in mind the guy that wrote me up was a 39 year veteran who has even arrested cyclists for drunk driving on their bikes. The previous guy was young and inexperienced and probably did not understand the vehicle codes. Riding the waterline doesn't work either, leaving tire tracks is what they have an issue with. The only way you can take a bike through a beach in a park considered a preserve is on your shoulder. Pushing a bike through the sand will also get you, as you are leaving tracks. Most preserves do NOT like posting signs, so be aware if you point out the lack of signage, it may reduce your punishment, but chances are you will still get a writeup. Hope I'm wrong about your beach in CA, but be aware the rules are never well posted.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

021 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

009 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

Frozen Lake

Wissota by jonshonda187, on Flickr

mtbr member

Stans sprayed everywhere!!

I was riding through the desert with out my light on when I came up to a wash about 2 feet deep and 3 or 4 wide. I brought up the front end and wheelied over the wash but my front tire came down hard on a bush just on the other side. PPPSSHHHHHHHHssssss SPRAY! SPRAY! SPRAY! Went flat after like 50 feet or so. A stick went right through the tire and tube. I was like FUUUUUUUUUU@@@@@@@!!! I have a tiny little pump that takes about 1000 strokes to fill up a fat tire. I poped in another tube for the ride home without booting the tire, so today I will probably demount and patch the tire on the inside with a large regular tire patch. I dont like boots because I dont think they let the tire stretch.
    Daily fatbike pic thread-ghost.jpgDaily fatbike pic thread-flat.jpgDaily fatbike pic thread-flat2.jpg