Daily fatbike pic thread

Printable View

• 02-13-2013
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul34 View Post
    Dude. Love the pics and look of that bike. Every time I see it my pants move a little.

You too? I thought it was just me! That bike is a thing of beauty! :cool: :band:
  • 02-13-2013
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    I took the long way home the other day.

I am starting to get used to my coaster break on the trail now, it is challenging at times but that kind of makes it fun. Am working on barspins too since I have no cables.
    I like all the pics of snow riding, I need to go north some time and try it.

Seriously? Just a rear coaster brake? Thatís hardcore, seeing as youíre doing some loaded touring stuff from the looks of those pictures.
  • 02-13-2013
    Lone Desert Walker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OFFcourse View Post
    @Lone Desert Walker: Nice paint job, do it yourself?

Yeah, did it with acrylic paint, comes off with soap and water. I am not done yet, I am going to brand it Huffy, and put F.F.F. (F@*k fossil fuel) on the chainstay. Also something like S.R.T. (speed reduction technology) or "Shimano equipped" even though there is no shi-nay-nay on the bike.

Pork Stacker: If things get out of control I have a plan, I will try to use my foot on the tire and if that does not work I will jump off the back of the bike and try to keep my arms and legs in tight so they do not flop around and get broke. So far everything is cool as long as I take it easy and don't head into the downhills with too much speed to begin with.
  • 02-13-2013
    MinneapolisCommuter
    1 Attachment(s)
    Saw this at One on One in Downtown Minneapolis the other day. It was all kinds of awesome! The tag on the seat said SOLD.

Attachment 771619
  • 02-14-2013
    TrailMaker

Awesome day to blow off the "afternoon shift" and go for a ride!

Hard to tell that's a wheelie drop.

Look at them big mushy tires!

See, I don't always unconsciously stick my tongue out when riding technical features.

A good time was had by all!

-
  • 02-14-2013
    Forged1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MinneapolisCommuter View Post
    Saw this at One on One in Downtown Minneapolis the other day. It was all kinds of awesome! The tag on the seat said SOLD.

Attachment 771619

Cool bike, my wife would love that. Do you know what brand fenders those are? Thanx in advance
  • 02-14-2013
    Larry Endomorph
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Forged1 View Post
    Cool bike, my wife would love that. Do you know what brand fenders those are? Thanx in advance

Fenders are from Big O Manufacturing.
  • 02-15-2013
    mntbikejim
    3 Attachment(s)
    Trails I groom around our house for the sleddogs and biking. We have been getting hit pretty hard lately makes for some great viewing but slow rolling Attachment 772193Attachment 772192Attachment 772194
  • 02-15-2013
    xjoex
    Two from today.

-Joe
  • 02-16-2013
    crashtestdummy
    No snow on today's ride.

• 02-16-2013
    Forged1
    Thanks!
  • 02-16-2013
    wetpaint
    Good day on the bike

after a foot of snow in the last few days, snowmobiles have finally packed down the trails to make them rideable

• 02-17-2013
    MiniTrail
    3 Attachment(s)
    Probably the most enjoyable day out on the bike in 2 years. Was slowly wandering the woods on crust with some fast sled trail sections. Beach was nice but the wind was brutal...

Attachment 772753

Attachment 772754

tap tap
    Attachment 772755
  • 02-17-2013
    wetpaint
    Did something a bit different today, rode on the fat trails at the local ski resort, a mix of single track in the woods and groomed trails (fat bikes allowed).

Someone left some art
  • 02-17-2013
    mntbikejim
    1 Attachment(s)
    Rapid River...Kalkaska, Michigan Nice ride after a day of training the dogs Attachment 772786
  • 02-17-2013
    b2b2
    5 Attachment(s)
    Fat Flotilla
    Big Fat Flotilla today. 7 ridders, 4 dogs to the Bells this morning.
  • 02-17-2013
    TrailMaker
    Recovery Ride
    Hey;

Last Sunday was 7" of sun warmed powder in the 30* sunshine. Thursday was Western-face-melting and all else variously crusty, and a 3rd that amount in 40* haze. Today was moderately icy on the hardpack and a super crusty 3-4" everywhere else. Howling winds here in upstate NY too, MiniTrail. 20*F with 20mph winds had me heading for the deep shelter of the craggy creek bottom. Quads still aching from Thursday's ride, so I went for a dink around. Riding all those spots where there are no trails, ya know? All the stuff the trails pass right by and no one pays attention to. No one but me, that is. There's nothing better for that kind of stuff than old creek bottom terrain. Both current wet and generations old dry beds just loaded with techy little challenges, and a Fatty is just the tool. Sweet!

Looking for neat places to drop into the creek bed. It's Arse-over-Axle, and in we go!

One of my current favorites; A narrow 6' high ridge in between two old beds. Lots of junk down and
    tight going, but that's the fun of it. How tight? Well... 700mm wide bars aint makin this!

Of course, with creeks around, you have your own personal art gallery.

Would it surprise you to find the name of this trail is Rock 'nRoll? I've already chronicled riding Boulder's 1&3 previously. Here's some face time for the "less rideable" #2.

Hmmmm.... wonder what out-there shite I should ride over next?!
    -
  • 02-17-2013
    MiniTrail
    ^^ we got another warm up this week and I hope it makes the crust more uniform. Seemed like I would just start diggin riding on top and then I'd sink :(

beats the snot out of last winter anyway
  • 02-17-2013
    TrailMaker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    ^^ we got another warm up this week and I hope it makes the crust more uniform. Seemed like I would just start diggin riding on top and then I'd sink :(

Same, but ours melted down farther to mostly 3" on the Westerns & flats, a little more elsewhere. I could JUST keep rolling, mostly on top of the "styrofoam." Everywhere else it was the same crunch, but deeper. I was hopping between hard-pack and bare spots. Don't care as long as I'm out! :thumbsup:
  • 02-17-2013
    LIRider
    1 Attachment(s)
    South Shore Of Long Island
  • 02-17-2013
    Bugeye
    Allaire State Park
    Allaire State Park, central NJ, a part of the park called the Sand Pit...

• 02-17-2013
    ThreeD
    2 Attachment(s)
    Out and about and having fun.
  • 02-17-2013
    xjoex
    Two from yesterday

-Joe
  • 02-17-2013
    Jesterrider
    3 Attachment(s)
    Fat Frozen Forty in Minnesota
    100 Fat bikes set out in 5 degrees for a 40 mile race. Attachment 772967Attachment 772968Attachment 772969
  • 02-18-2013
    ferday
    1 Attachment(s)
    fun day on the sled tracks

Attachment 773135