Page 129 of 419 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 10453
    =========
    Quote Originally Posted by cxfl View Post
    What type of bags are those?
    My bags were made by Oveja Negra Threadworks
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

Strangelove
    Dec 2007
    Yeah we got snow. My first taste of Pugsley winter.

Greetings from Northumberland, England
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk
    . . .the home of the UK fat bike community

Nemophilist
    So... what can I do to be a little different. I mean, everybody takes pics of their bike, or
    riding, or groups. I know... I'll take pics of my tracks in the snow, on all the terrain I am
    riding, which is mostly all the stuff I normally ride. "I was here" ... ya know?

Ummm. They suck. Who knew pics of tracks in the snow kinda suck? The terrain just
    never looks as interesting in pics, and you just can't see all the details under the snow.
    Good thing I took some "other" pics. Well, I got a few good tracks anyway...

Probably the most beautiful cherry tree I've ever seen. This is under the heading of "other."

Local knowledge. You ride around the side of this huge old maple tree. Tight and kind of
    craggy and rooty.....

Surprise! There's a 2' drop off a boulder just around the corner. Even trickier in the snow!

-
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker

Nemophilist
    And now without further ado, the requisite Portraits & Still Lifes;

Same basic shot, without the snow shower.

-
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.

Nemophilist
    So, I'm looking at the weather forecast at lunch time. Today - 22* and Sunny. Tomorrow -
    42* and rain. Doink! So, I ask the boss if I can "have the afternoon off." I tell myself,
    "sure." I went riding!

Yeh... I took a couple riding shots too.

So, you wanna ride creeks in 22* weather, eh? Remember to shift a lot!!!

Man... what a gorgeous day!

And was I ever dressed perfect!

Took my balaclava and gloves off even, at 22*!

I've got a great boss!

mtbr member
    We have proper snow in Southern England!!!

In too deep? by paulfulford, on Flickr
    If you need me I'll be at the bar

mtbr member
    Daily fatbike pic thread-break.jpg

Taking a break for a photo on the Minneapolis Greenway.
    "The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt." - Surly Blog

Harrumph
    Went out for an Arrowhead 135 training ride. 5-ish hr ride on minimal sleep and nutrition. That's when you really learn what pisses you off about your setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-winterride.jpg  

Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

A perfect day at the Most Photographed Peaks in the USA

Overdressed in a simple winter kit and silkweight base layer, sun was out, road was groomed, sky was blue, people were smiling. And yes, I stepped OVER the classic track, thereby not angering the nordies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daily fatbike pic thread-bells.jpg  

Daily fatbike pic thread-bells2.jpg  

Last edited by Stockli Boy; 01-19-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added note

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

new bike

My new fatback!!!!

Nemophilist
    Quote Originally Posted by armyclimber View Post
    My new fatback!!!!
    Snazzy!

Icebiker

No snow in Joisey, so we headed to New England

Kennedy Park, Lenox MA 1/18

Pine Hill, Rutland, VT 1/19

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Rode around the frozen Half Moon lake today. None of these shots are possible w/o ice.....thanks ice!

IMG_2402 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_2407 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_2397 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_2413 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_2410 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_2420 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

mtbr member
    I have to get this out, I'm sorry. I just can't withhold it anymore, there's too much bad photography of nice bikes in here.

The Correct Way to Photograph a Bicycle:

1. Background of the picture should be plain or simplified.
    2. Photo should be taken in vertical and horizontal direction perpendicular to the bicycle
    3. Handlebar should be level
    4. The Bicycle should be photographed from the drive side
    5. The Bicycle can be supported in an upright position with regard to the style of said bicycle or a suitable object. The support is permissible to be removed by image processing
    6. With a geared bicycle the chain should be on the largest chainring and on the smallest sprocket. With a three chainring drive this rule can be deviated from for aesthetic reasons, and the chainring may be selected so that the chain is parallel in both the stroller above and below
    7. The Bicycle can be photographed without pedals. Any pedal should be level, in case of asymmetric pedals the side attaching to the shoe must face up
    8. The drive-side crank should point forward in line with the chainstay. Specialty (such as fat-) bike cranks can be positioned horizontally if aesthetic reasons favor it
    9. Tires should be installed in such a manner that the valve is in the middle of the tire text. If the tire has several texts the most visible should be selected
    10. 11. If there are several visual elements in the side profile of the rim, the most dominant one should be set in line with the most dominant text in the tire
    11. Valves should be left behind the front fork and the seatstay. If there are dominant visual elements in the tire or rim an exception can be made and the valve be set in an upright or downright postion with regard to the most visible element in the tire
    12. Articles 8 to 11 should also be applied with fatbikes. Insurmountable difficulties in photographing bicycles should be met with the terms of visual terms
    13. If the photographed bicycle is in it's model, type of use, cleanliness, size, chain tension, saddle height or angle, stem length or angle, or any other feature different from those generally accepted, the bicycle is to be subjected to peer criticism

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vallengrach View Post
    I have to get this out, I'm sorry. I just can't withhold it anymore, there's too much bad photography of nice bikes in here.

2. Photo should be taken in vertical and horizontal direction perpendicular to the bicycle
    5. The Bicycle can be supported in an upright position with regard to the style of said bicycle or a suitable object. The support is permissible to be removed by image processing
    6. With a geared bicycle the chain should be on the largest chainring and on the smallest sprocket. With a three chainring drive this rule can be deviated from for aesthetic reasons, and the chainring may be selected so that the chain is parallel in both the stroller above and below
    7. The Bicycle can be photographed without pedals. Any pedal should be level, in case of asymmetric pedals the side attaching to the shoe must face up
    8. The drive-side crank should point forward in line with the chainstay. Specialty (such as fat-) bike cranks can be positioned horizontally if aesthetic reasons favor it
    9. Tires should be installed in such a manner that the valve is in the middle of the tire text. If the tire has several texts the most visible should be selected
    10. 11. If there are several visual elements in the side profile of the rim, the most dominant one should be set in line with the most dominant text in the tire
    11. Valves should be left behind the front fork and the seatstay. If there are dominant visual elements in the tire or rim an exception can be made and the valve be set in an upright or downright postion with regard to the most visible element in the tire
    12. Articles 8 to 11 should also be applied with fatbikes. Insurmountable difficulties in photographing bicycles should be met with the terms of visual terms
    13. If the photographed bicycle is in it's model, type of use, cleanliness, size, chain tension, saddle height or angle, stem length or angle, or any other feature different from those generally accepted, the bicycle is to be subjected to peer criticism
    Ugh.

This isn't supposed to be art. It's us using our bikes.

Some produce good technical pics, others don't, but it's all fatbikes in places where they're ridden.

That's more than good enough for me.

(but I'm hoping you're tongue in cheek)
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57º36' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

... and if we just ...

Fatbikers have a tendency to do things the other way! If you have a problem with it,....

Maybe take a look over here: Autism spectrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mtbr member
    Autism or no autism, there's no excuse for photographing a stationary bike from the non-drive side. Action shots are a whole different case.

Yes, it is all said, done and written with tongue in cheek but that doesn't necessarily mean that it shouldn't be taken seriously.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    If you are making a profesional brochure you are right, and in a magazine where they want to present a certain bike to the public, you are right again.

But most people here want to show(off) where they ride rather than what they ride or sell bikes!
    They are so happy they got there tires tubeless they will never turn the valve so that the valve and the text on the tire are in line

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Autism or no autism, there's no excuse for photographing a stationary bike from the non-drive side. Action shots are a whole different case.

Yes, it is all said, done and written with tongue in cheek but that doesn't necessarily mean that it shouldn't be taken seriously.
    that is exactly what "tongue in cheek" means... not to be taken seriously.
    since you wasted multiple posts with nothing to say but "need more posts to post pic" you really shouldn't be lecturing others on how to do things properly.
    if you've nothing to add that's worthwhile, then don't.
    But you pretty much guaranteed that you won't be taken seriously when, for all intents and purposes, you essentially introduced yourself by waving your stick of photo-corrrectness-nazi self-righteousness.

If we all took pictures the exact same way, then noone would ever see any individual dimension to the photos. This isn't a marketing brochure, it's real life.
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    Byknuts,

Perhaps I should have phrased it "couldn't be taken" instead of "shouldn'tbe taken" but since you somehow managed to incorporate the nazi-card in to this stub of a conversation, in which you chose to partake although you obviously had nothing to offer save spite and maliciousness, I might as well give up. If I wish to discuss semantics I can do it in another crowd.

I apologise for the distress I caused.

not FAT free

DUDE,
    it's not a contest for a photo of the year !
    if everybody would set bikes same way as You described
    and background of the picture would be plain or simplified than all photos would be boring and not show difference in terrain we all ride
    this thread is not for pro photographers - people share fat happy days here

tips You mentioned will work well for catalog photos
    and if just can't withhold it anymore look for another thread without pics
    good luck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post

Taking this pic as an example, it meets none of the criteria but speaks volumes to anyone who has taken their bike into similar territory. For that reason I like it.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57º36' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    While I agree in general with the sentiment shown by responses to vallengrach's post... I can also take something valuable from vallengrach. I've copied and saved the 13 points as there are some useful tips there, especially when taking photos to sell a bike. Just perhaps this wasn't the right thread to list the points... perhaps a photography tips thread would be good.
    Cheers
    FatMuz
    2015/16 Evil The Following
    2016 Canfield Brothers EPO
    2016 Niner SIR9

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFX big foot View Post
    DUDE,
    it's not a contest for a photo of the year !
    Actually, that list would would make a fun contest. See how many of the "rules" of bike photography you can violate in one picture.

Dr Gadget is IN
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    actually, that list would would make a fun contest. See how many of the "rules" of bike photography you can violate in one picture.:d
    in!
    This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic.

WSS/OSS: Open Source Sealant