Did I catch a niner?

Comparing some pogies

Quadboss ATV Mitts
    QuadBoss ATV and UTV

Alpine USA Handlebar Guantlets
    "Webbing with ladder lock adjustment holds gauntlets tightly to handlebar assembly"
    size: 12 1/2" wide x 13 1/2"

Could not find a website for the Alpines might be made by another company for them. I snagged both to see. The Quadboss set looks to be overall much more durable on the outside but I am a bit hesitant on the velcro enclosure. The Alpine set is rather flimsy and plain with no corner protector but it uses a buckle to cinch the end down very tight.

Anyone used either of these? Have a ride tonight and only want to take one pair.

EDIT: http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/im...5eb64598af.jpg this looks to be the Alpine set looks wise at least.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I like my pogies that are made in two rivers alaska. light weight but very warm and my choice of colors...

mtbr member
    I'm still waiting for my Moose Mitts I ordered and paid for in January. Three phone calls and numerous contact details left....still no answer back. Shame they looked good too

mtbr member
    Looks like a can't go wrong price on those. I love my Dogwood designs.
    laotzucycles.blogspot.com

Did I catch a niner?
    In the end I went with the alpine set. The cinch tight system I found worked a lot better then velcro. The Quad Boss set are overbuilt big time for anything a bike could throw at it, but I could see it's use on a quad or snowmobile.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredbe View Post
    Looks like a can't go wrong price on those. I love my Dogwood designs.
    +1 Best money ever spent on winter riding. Yes I rode in winter before I got them but it was always a struggle to keep my hands warm. I often needed handwarmer packs, and those add up on a daily commute. Now it's get on and go without the worry of frozen fingers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thesilversurfer View Post
    I'm still waiting for my Moose Mitts I ordered and paid for in January. Three phone calls and numerous contact details left....still no answer back. Shame they looked good too
    I just e-mailed with you a few days ago (e-mail is the best way to contact me sometimes) and let you know the scenario. But for anyone else that ordered Moose Mitts in January (Mid-Late Jan). We had moved our store in January and re-opened in March. The weather this year caused our bike shop became swamped with walk in customers for repairs and purchases. Far far sooner than normal, but our shop is our main business and we were forced to focus on it instead of the Moose Mitts at that time. The Moose Mitts are a Winter project and as such go back on storage until the fall. Please note that WE DO NOT CHARGE ANYONE until we can ship an item. Customers will get an auto responder which is just a notice that we have your info for the order. it is not a confirmation of any payment.

When we run into orders that are placed in the spring...We always put them on top of a wait list for the fall when we begin to make these by hand again. We then call or e-mail ever old order to see if they are still interested and fill those orders first. Keep in mind We make them from scratch in the back of our bike shop (which was boxed up during January-February) as we moved to a better location.

As for calling 3 times, I am sorry if you didn't get the normal response answer, but typically we would let you know that these did not ship and you were not charged. But the new store has been hectic and shorthanded with the 6+ week early season arrival. We had planned the move with the anticipation of an extra month to finish up and get caught up with MM...But when it's 70+ degrees in February/March everyone wants their bike ready now.

As I mentioned via e-mail I will look into this with more detail when I have some free time. But regardless if these have not shipped they will not be available till next fall again. If you were charged your credit card statement would show this and you can call the CC company and ask for a retrieval, or send me the copy of the transaction and I'll credit it for you. But again my best guess is that you were never charged based on the timing.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion, like I said the move has been to be a lot of work and were still catching up on internet items.

Sherpaboy - AKA Mike Flack