Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Their shipping is all over the place. Was a time (a few months ago?) that they changed shipping couriers, or so told. Previous to that shipping was CHEAP. At least to the US. Since then, shipping cost is inconsistent, and generally not cheap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Which is why I gave you the USA web site to have a look at.
    yes thanks.

Black is sold out and there's no free international shipping anyway.

Cheers
    Last edited by Swerny; 01-15-2016 at 10:34 AM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 RSD Mayor Bluto (sold)
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1
    2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL3

mtbr member
    Anyway, i had put in an order from the Planet X UK site for clothing. About $9 shipping

They emailed to confirm my CC address.

I emailed back and forth with a very helpful lady named Ashleigh.

I explained the weird rates and she advised she would have the IT department look at it.

She then offered to ship me a pair of black Floater's for an additional $11, so i went with that.

Threw in a set of studded cross tires for my commuter as well, all for $20 shipping.

Very pleased with the resolution.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1

Hooligan
    Just heard back from on one, they are going to ship me a set of replacements on Monday. Better late than never, im really happy that they pulled through and decided to stand behind the product. I was getting worried when they went quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

mtbr member
    Two tires shipped for $65? That is BS
    Last edited by skamatt23; 03-11-2015 at 08:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skamatt23 View Post
    Two tires $65? That is BS
    welcome to what the rest of the world (non-USA) has been dealing with.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1

mtbr member
    Didn't someone post free shipping at one time? Was probably just a temp promotion i guess

mtbr member
    It was free shipping from OnOne USA but they're no longer shipping from their Portland warehouse so free shipping is gone-zo.

mtbr member
    Have you guys called the PTL location yet? I did last week and they had a couple whites and one green left in stock. I bought the last US stock green last wednesday with free shipping and said he had a few white left. Likely they are gone by now though.

Colored On One Floaters-green.jpg

I posted this in another thread, but since we're talking about these tires in four threads at the moment, heh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I ordered 2 of the white ones on Friday from Portland... I've been riding a set of orange ones for 2 months now in some of the deepest snow Chicago has seen in a few years... once it's well packed the Floaters hook up well and I have no complaints!!

White ones are for a Boris build just like yours...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Colored On One Floaters-motobecane_boris_purple_orange_on_one_floaters.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anyone heard what the deal with their shipping is? I can't justify 65 bucks for shipping on two folding tires. That's asinine.

I bought 2 last year and shipping was free, wish I would have known then what I known now and bought 4.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah guys, did you know shipping is messed up?

This is the first I've heard of it.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Email Planet-X USA direct, I ordered 4 black tires from them as I couldn't get the US website to let me order more than 1 tire. Was able to order from them with free shipping to a US address.

They were in transition closing the US warehouse, but I recall reading they were working on fixing the shipping cost from the UK to US (and hopefully Canada) as it currently doesn't make sense to buy these tires due to the high shipping cost.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That's mine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Colored On One Floaters-2015-02-26_16-00-41_iphone-5s.jpg  

Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Archi Coon View Post
    That's mine:
    That thing is sweet! Love the fenders and the chain guard is a really nice touch.
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    That thing is sweet! Love the fenders and the chain guard is a really nice touch.
    Fenders are from here: *Surly Moonlander Fender Kit* - Big O Manufacturing
    Chain guard is self made.

One more picture (with vee missions)%
    Colored On One Floaters-2014-09-15_10-57-15_iphone-5s.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Colored On One Floaters-motobecane_boris_purple_orange_on_one_floaters2.jpg

mtbr member
    How is the durability of the colored Floaters? Has anyone used them in extreme cold yet? How did they hold up, did they break or crack. ?
    Thanks.

vmk
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I've white ones, they are really heavy + the side walls are thick as. Almost 1900g each.

They are nothing like the 120tpi black Floaters...

Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Trigger Finger View Post
    How is the durability of the colored Floaters? Has anyone used them in extreme cold yet? How did they hold up, did they break or crack. ?
    Thanks.
    I did twenty something miles on mine at Winterbike. It was - 20 and they did great. No cracks or anything to speak of. Turned lots of heads too.
    Now they are several hundred miles in and the rear one is pretty much used up, but I have no regrets about my purchase. After they warrantied my casings (reluctantly) it was smooth sailing.

mtbr member
    Ok, thank you. My wife would like a pair because she says they are pretty. Green or pink on her purple Boris X5.. I want the white ones to assist in the concealment of my snow camo bike for hunting.

mtbr member
    -20F isn't what we call Cold here. But,, it may be the extent of my rideing at least energetically. But we stand to have months of that temp and colder this winter.
    I don't mind the 4 lb weight . They will weigh even more when I tube and stud them.
    I just don't want the tires to chunk out when I'm off highway on some snowgo or sled dog trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I can no longer recommend On-One Floaters!!

Thanks.
    I can't say these cracked specifically from cold...
    But they cracked for some reason... all the way around both sides of both tires.
    To make it worse... Vince from planet-x-usa.com will not do anything to help out.
    He claims Vee Rubber (the manufacturer) said the wear and tear is from normal use.
    So he now has my tires... won't replace them... nor will he return the damaged tires.
    So as much as I love these tires... I can no longer recommend them.

Colored On One Floaters-img_7675.jpgColored On One Floaters-img_7672.jpgColored On One Floaters-img_7670.jpg

mtbr member
    Jfaust ;Did your tires spend quite a bit of time in the sun? What is the
    coldest temps they were used in?
    What psi did you run them at?
    Thank you!

Hooligan
    No, that's dry rot cracking on the sidewall. Its not normal. Generally rubber drys out like that in the sun (as sombody mentioned) or when exposed to ozone (close to an electric motor for example). I don't think the colored rubber has as many preservatives as the conventional black stuff, and may not age as gracefully.
    Mine haven't had that problem (yet). How old were the tires? I would say that you just got a bad batch. Really a shame that they won't give you new ones (or at least send your old ones back)

**** this ****
    BS, if you ask me. But I wouldn't quite call it 'unsafe' either.
    Pretty ****ty looking though.
    At least Floaters are reasonably priced... or were till shipping tanked the deal.

I have a Hans Dampf I paid nearly twice what I got my last Floater for that looks kinda like that, not a warranty issue according to Schwalbe's home page...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    BS, if you ask me. But I wouldn't quite call it 'unsafe' either.
    Pretty ****ty looking though.
    At least Floaters are reasonably priced... or were till shipping tanked the deal.

I have a Hans Dampf I paid nearly twice what I got my last Floater for that looks kinda like that, not a warranty issue according to Schwalbe's home page...
    I have the same problem with mine (ok my wifes bike) On One Floaters (orange). I build the bike for her birthday (last January 2015) and they are cracked even more! The tires have 15 psi in them and 4 miles. I did not notice them until a few weeks ago and thought this is unsual. The bike has been in a garage in California (dark) since I mounted the tires. My wife really wanted orange to match the Dreamscycle color but I am changing them out for Nates for safety!

Anyone want to buy them? I have three!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Colored On One Floaters-9zero7-finished.jpg  

mtbr member
    Where did u get the white rims? I want to go to white rims on my snow camo Cogburn.

I wonder if Armor All would protect them from UV enough to keep them from cracking?

mtbr member
    Where did u get the white rims? I want to go to white rims on my snow camo Cogburn.

I wonder if Armor All would protect them from UV enough to keep them from cracking?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Jfaust ;Did your tires spend quite a bit of time in the sun? What is the
    coldest temps they were used in?
    What psi did you run them at?
    Thank you!
    Nope... garage kept except for when riding.
    Pressure was 9-11psi
    I think the coldest we biked in last winter was 20 degrees.
    I probably went out in colder temps for 5 minute rides around the block for testing adjustments.... but nothing major.
    It seems this issue is a non-issue to many... I just wish they would have returned my original tires?!!?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with that tire. Looks like a fat bike tire sidewall to me. When the thread fur starts to frizz get worried IMO
    Maybe all fat bike tires do this... you just don't notice it on black tires? I've got a set of white on-one floaters for another bike... they don't show the same cracking either though? Who knows... maybe the orange was a bad batch for some reason... another user here had the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    No, that's dry rot cracking on the sidewall. Its not normal.
    Do you even fat bike bro?

Totally normal with some fat bike tires. And what others said, you are noticing it more because of the orange. I've seen so many fat bikes with the tires like MiniTrail posted. Think about it, you are running large tires at low pressure that cause them to slightly crease over and over and over again. If you leave a car tire flat for too long it will do this same thing. Similar idea.
    ...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jfaust97 View Post
    ... I just wish they would have returned my original tires?!!?
    No kidding.
    Either they are defective, replace under warranty.
    Or they aren't defective, return them.
    Their lack of action would certainly make me think twice about ordering any of their product.
    Crazy on this ship of fools...

mtbr member
    I just wish shipping wasn't $69 a tire. I have on-one tires on my trail bikes and fat bike, really like them all and the prices are great...at least were great when they shipped from Portland. Their chunky monkey and smorgasbord are still cheap and set up tubeless very easily on flow rims.

**** this ****
    Quote Originally Posted by dietz31684 View Post
    I just wish shipping wasn't $69 a tire. I have on-one tires on my trail bikes and fat bike, really like them all and the prices are great...at least were great when they shipped from Portland. Their chunky monkey and smorgasbord are still cheap and set up tubeless very easily on flow rims.
    Could be worse, you could want a frame from them.
    Shipping is over a hundred.

Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    Do you even fat bike bro?

Totally normal with some fat bike tires. And what others said, you are noticing it more because of the orange. I've seen so many fat bikes with the tires like MiniTrail posted. Think about it, you are running large tires at low pressure that cause them to slightly crease over and over and over again. If you leave a car tire flat for too long it will do this same thing. Similar idea.
    alright, if you say so. i mean, i have a two sets of the green ones and one set of white ones, for a total of 6 of these tires, and none of them are cracking like that. i also have several sets of black fat tires, and although some are showing fabric, none of them have dry rotted and cracked like that. as far as car tires go, you see that on old tires after being exposed to sun for 10 years, not after a couple months of being stored in a garage.

at any rate, i think we can all agree that its not a safety issue and they should at least return them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    But they cracked for some reason... all the way around both sides of both tires.
    To make it worse... Vince from planet-x-usa.com will not do anything to help out.
    He claims Vee Rubber (the manufacturer) said the wear and tear is from normal use.
    So he now has my tires... won't replace them... nor will he return the damaged tires.
    Have you tried voicing it on their Facebook page. If not, post Vince's email on here and see if he will return them. What a douche for keeping what is yours. That is stealing.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7675.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	1010805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7672.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	1010807Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7670.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	1010808
    JFaust97 - Here is the situation...
    Procedures are in place so that we can keep track of what is going on with products.
    In order for a warranty claim to be approved or denied, the company (Planet X/On-One) needs to be able to receive credit from the supplier (Vee Rubber).
    In your case, Vee deemed the abrasions to be due to wear/riding, meaning we would not receive any credit to offset a replacement set of tires.

Yes, I asked you to send your Orange Floaters in for review. I personally looked them over. I was then asked to send them on to our UK warranty department for review and so they could follow up with Vee Rubber. Your tires were in England when you requested them back.

Your tires arrived in Thursday's delivery to our offices. I had begun processing a return shiment to your Illinois address when I received an email from someone who has been following this thread. Unfortunately the email address "LARRY" used was invalid and my response to him was returned, undeliverable.

Thank you "LARRY" for bringing this thread to my attention.

JFaust97 I am willing to work with you the best I can within the guidelines I have.

I welcome feed back, comments and constructive criticism.

If anyone has technical problems with any On-One, Planet X or Titus products, send a message to: Tech@planet-x-usa.com

If you are interested in purchasing something you find at planet-x-usa.com but the shipping charges are too much to handle, send a message to Sales@planet-x-usa.com. I will do my best (it may take a bit to get back to you) to help make something happen.

- Mtnwrench AKA "Vince from Planet X USA"

mtbr member
    No plans to stock floaters out of Portland again?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwrench View Post
    Procedures are in place so that we can keep track of what is going on with products.
    In order for a warranty claim to be approved or denied, the company (Planet X/On-One) needs to be able to receive credit from the supplier (Vee Rubber).
    In your case, Vee deemed the abrasions to be due to wear/riding, meaning we would not receive any credit to offset a replacement set of tires.

Yes, I asked you to send your Orange Floaters in for review. I personally looked them over. I was then asked to send them on to our UK warranty department for review and so they could follow up with Vee Rubber. Your tires were in England when you requested them back.

Your tires arrived in Thursday's delivery to our offices. I had begun processing a return shiment to your Illinois address when I received an email from someone who has been following this thread. Unfortunately the email address "LARRY" used was invalid and my response to him was returned, undeliverable.

Thank you "LARRY" for bringing this thread to my attention.

JFaust97 I am willing to work with you the best I can within the guidelines I have.

I welcome feed back, comments and constructive criticism.

If anyone has technical problems with any On-One, Planet X or Titus products, send a message to: Tech@planet-x-usa.com

If you are interested in purchasing something you find at planet-x-usa.com but the shipping charges are too much to handle, send a message to Sales@planet-x-usa.com. I will do my best (it may take a bit to get back to you) to help make something happen.

- Mtnwrench AKA "Vince from Planet X USA"
    So it turns out it was just nothing more than a simple misunderstanding. Understandable.

JFaust97: Update this thread when you do get something back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Well......who do we send a message to if the shipping is too much to handle?

mtbr member
    The shipping price is crazy...But if you buy the right combination of 4 tires you can get them down to 55 a piece. FYI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwrench View Post
    In order for a warranty claim to be approved or denied, the company (Planet X/On-One) needs to be able to receive credit from the supplier (Vee Rubber). - Mtnwrench AKA "Vince from Planet X USA"
    That's simply a self satisfying cop out policy Planet X chooses to implement that pushes responsibility for any issue back to the manufacturer. You make the sale, not the tyre manufacturer, and you have the relationship with the buyer not Vee Rubber. If you admit you own the decision process you may make the same call as the manufacturer, but be honest enough to take responsibility for it. It's called customer service.

And it's even more relevant when your name is on the side of the tyre.

Tim
    Last edited by Wombat; 09-04-2015 at 11:33 PM.

**** this ****
    ^^Let me guess, you're in manufacturing?

You don't work for Schwalbe or Vee by any chance, do you?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I did receive my tires back from Mtnwrench AKA "Vince from Planet X USA".
    I mounted them again and have been riding them ever since.
    I guess the sidewall cracks don't affect the performance of the tires... at least so far.
    I apologize Vince for the negative remarks... it was a breakdown in communication and that happens to everyone.
    I've purchased 3 sets of Floaters... I know of 3 other sets of Floaters on my local trails... and still for the $$$ they can't be beat.

Again Vince... sorry for the review... thanks for doing what you could for the situation!

JFaust97

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast