mtbr member

Chris Farley estate settles lawsuit over Trek bike name

MADISON, Wis. – Trek Bicycle says the family of the late "Saturday Night Live" star Chris Farley has settled a federal lawsuit against the Wisconsin-based company for naming its fat-tired bikes Farley.

Chris Farley family settles lawsuit over bike name | Fox News

mtbr member
    Grabs popcorn....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cycologist
    They should have just changed the name to "Candy".
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

All fat, all the time.
    Idiots. People that sue over shit like this... Morons.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Special place in hell for an attorney that takes on this lawsuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    "The first thing we do, lets kill all the lawyers."
    Merica!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I don't see what the problem is, Trek was clearly capitalizing on Chris Farley's name to promote their bike.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I don't see what the problem is, Trek was clearly capitalizing on Chris Farley's name to promote their bike.
    Clearly...

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...colorCode=grey

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropper View Post
    Clearly...

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...colorCode=grey

It's clear to me when the industry is naming fat bikes for fat things, fat people, etc. It's absolutely intentional. It seems many companies try to imply that their bike or component is "fat" in the name. Farley was exactly that. It's all over the fat-bike industry.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    It's clear to me when the industry is naming fat bikes for fat things, fat people, etc. It's absolutely intentional. It seems many companies try to imply that their bike or component is "fat" in the name. Farley was exactly that. It's all over the fat-bike industry.
    And so because chris farley was fat, and there is a coincidence with the bicycle style being called a Fat tire bike that his estate should be compensated for that? Its not named the chris farley fat bike nor are they referencing him in any of their advertising. No pictures nothing and so they sue for 10 million in damages?If Chris Farley were alive Im betting he would slap the living shit out of his littler brother for pulling this stunt. This is pure greed and is whats so wrong with the country i love. People
    Get in a bullshit traffic accident and suing for crazy pain and suffering to make a buck all
    The while they just raise our rates. We all lose when people do crap like this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    While I'm no fan of lawyers, I tend to agree with you...

Trek sued over use of the Farley name on fat bikes | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

Quote Originally Posted by Make Him Smile, Inc
    Trek chose the Farley name because "they know Farley was well known to the specific and targeted generation of consumers that tend to purchase Fat Bikes, and that by creating an association between the 'loud,' 'fat,' 'Midwestern' Farley and the Farley Branded "Fat Bike" Products, they would be able to attract the attention of such consumers who immediately recognized the Farley name and its association with 'fat,' 'loud,' 'wide' and 'Midwestern' goods and services."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek
    "Frankly, we were really surprised by this lawsuit. Trek has never used Chris Farley’s likeness, image or endorsement in connection to its Farley line of bikes. In fact, Trek owns a registered trademark for Farley for bicycles registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
    Both decent points, so probably why it ended in a settlement...
    --------------

[WTB] 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If I had the cash I would have the TREK custom shop paint one up and call it the "Parasite" and send it to Make Him Smile. Maybe the estate of Farley Mowat should sue the estate of Chris Farley for damaging his name? It would make as much sense as this stupid lawsuit.
    "Wait- I am confused" - SDMTB'er

Nutrailer
    For those who are interested in reading the complaint doc;

Make Him Smile Inc (Farley) v Trek
    What a perfect waste of time

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The Farley is not just some recreational Walmart bike. I associate it with a health and fitness life style more than a fat funny guy. m2c

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Never thought Chris Farley was funny, at all, and never once associated his name with Trek bikes, I hope they didn't hand over to much cash to make this go away, though I get why they did it, I hope it wasn't much.

Music & Bikes
    I didn't know who Chris Farley was...... thanx

Is all overweight people named Farley suing Trek ?

Isn't Pugsley a family name?
    There is money to do there also !
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    Big fan of Chris Farleys work on SNL and various flicks back in the 90s (used to watch them at the $1 theatre in Sugarhouse (Salt Lake City)) but I never associated his persona with the Trek fatbikes.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that Trek called them Farley after a (likely) cold and snowy place in Minnesota called, well, Farley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farley...nty,_Minnesota
    Espen Wethe
    www.kindernay.com
    Kindernay on BikeRumor: https://goo.gl/iQtWxu

fat guy on a little bike
    Dec 2006
    "Make Him Smile, a company founded and run by Chris Farley's family to protect his publicity and property rights"

sounds like his family is a bunch of f'n leaches...

mtbr member
    It's not llke Trek includes cocaine and donuts with each bike...

If anything Trek's use of Farley may have kept the Chris Farley name more at the front of people's consciousness. It was likely mutually beneficial.

What's next, the estate of Charles Addams sues Surly and Motobecane over the use of Pugsley, Wednesday and Lurch?

mtbr member
    People bought this bike because it was named after Chris Farley? I find that hard to believe. Maybe an extreme small percentage of sales if any.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    People bought this bike because it was named after Chris Farley? I find that hard to believe. Maybe an extreme small percentage of sales if any.
    That's not what I said. They used the name to promote their bike. It'd be like calling a new overbuilt 4x4 humvee/FJ/jeep type of vehicle the "Vin Diesel". Or better yet, Chrysler renaming the Challenger. You are using someone's likeness to promote your product.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeedaddict View Post
    Never thought Chris Farley was funny, at all, and never once associated his name with Trek bikes, I hope they didn't hand over to much cash to make this go away, though I get why they did it, I hope it wasn't much.
    Same - though I knew of Chris Farley and found him funny.

Though I never mentally associated Trek's Farley fat bike with the actor or made the connection of name usage. I actually am less inclide to buy it with that in mind... I don't think of Chris Farley and associate that with an enjoyable, excercise filled fat bike ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I wonder why Harley Davidson never sued Specialized over the "Fatboy " name? The irony there...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen W View Post
    Big fan of Chris Farleys work on SNL and various flicks back in the 90s (used to watch them at the $1 theatre in Sugarhouse (Salt Lake City)) but I never associated his persona with the Trek fatbikes.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that Trek called them Farley after a (likely) cold and snowy place in Minnesota called, well, Farley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farley...nty,_Minnesota
    He was phenomenal. Much missed.
    2016 El Oso Grande
    2018 Stolen Zeke
    90's Skykomish

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    https://youtu.be/Xv2VIEY9-A8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWare View Post
    For those who are interested in reading the complaint doc;

Make Him Smile Inc (Farley) v Trek
    They claim that the "Farley IP" image was irreparably damaged because of the Trek's fork recall. Give me a break. No one would make that connection. Clearly Farley's fork worked just fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    "The first thing we do, lets kill all the lawyers."
    Merica!
    You do know that is a quote from William Shakespeare.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerteeuwen View Post
    Same - though I knew of Chris Farley and found him funny.

Though I never mentally associated Trek's Farley fat bike with the actor or made the connection of name usage. I actually am less inclide to buy it with that in mind... I don't think of Chris Farley and associate that with an enjoyable, excercise filled fat bike ride.

I bought a Farley, and like the skits and movies the actor did. Never made the connection. Now my trek dealer owes me donuts? Cool.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I bought a Farley, and like the skits and movies the actor did. Never made the connection. Now my trek dealer owes me donuts? Cool.
    Dont forget the cocaine...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    You do know that is a quote from William Shakespeare.
    Yes, hence the " ". Required reading in like 7th grade. We can now add seer to his many talents.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Finally got that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    As in Dewey Oxberger

mtbr member
    The foundation should sue his brother. Have you ever seen that guy act, he copied everything Chris Farley did. It was really weird because they look a lot alike.

Jim Belushi's estate should sue his idiot brother too.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyuna View Post
    MADISON, Wis. – Trek Bicycle says the family of the late "Saturday Night Live" star Chris Farley has settled a federal lawsuit against the Wisconsin-based company for naming its fat-tired bikes Farley.

Chris Farley family settles lawsuit over bike name | Fox News
    Only in America, thank **** i`m not an American...
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    That's not what I said. They used the name to promote their bike. It'd be like calling a new overbuilt 4x4 humvee/FJ/jeep type of vehicle the "Vin Diesel". Or better yet, Chrysler renaming the Challenger. You are using someone's likeness to promote your product.
    Maybe NASA should pay up for using the name “Challenger” for a space shuttle. They sold merchandise at their gift shops.

I grew up in the 90a with Farley on SNL; I ride a Farley. Never made the connection until the suit.

Whereas it use to be an form of honor to have something named after you; modern culture now says pay me. Some instances are agregious. I don’t see this on as one of them.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Poor Trek, I feel so bad for them, beleaguered tiny little company that they are.

They're the giant 2000 lb gorilla of the industry (not excusing Specialized, there's a special place in hell for them too), not sure why so many feel incensed by this...

Frankly, some giant corporation gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar of bad ideas, sue the hell out of them, make them remember they are not above doing things the right way simply because they make money by the dump truck load for pushing Chinese sh*t on unsuspecting riders.

I'm quite comfortable with the idea that it was some late night, doughnut fueled hur hur hur decision that did indeed, strive to make that connection, because well, flat brimmed frat boyz will be just that.

Next up? A line of WSD road bikes named the Carpenter series.

Whaddaya mean Karen Carpenters estate is upset?

Hope they paid handsomely, and some bean counter squirmed a bit while having to explain why not every executive will be getting a full bonus this quarter...
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Poor Trek, I feel so bad for them, beleaguered tiny little company that they are.

They're the giant 2000 lb gorilla of the industry (not excusing Specialized, there's a special place in hell for them too), not sure why so many feel incensed by this...

Frankly, some giant corporation gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar of bad ideas, sue the hell out of them, make them remember they are not above doing things the right way simply because they make money by the dump truck load for pushing Chinese sh*t on unsuspecting riders.

I'm quite comfortable with the idea that it was some late night, doughnut fueled hur hur hur decision that did indeed, strive to make that connection, because well, flat brimmed frat boyz will be just that.

Next up? A line of WSD road bikes named the Carpenter series.

Whaddaya mean Karen Carpenters estate is upset?

Hope they paid handsomely, and some bean counter squirmed a bit while having to explain why not every executive will be getting a full bonus this quarter...
    But if they were a smaller corporation, say a 500 lb gorilla as opposed to the 2000lb type it would somehow be different?

Your logic is flawed. Rules/laws should be equitable to all. Anger and emotion irrelevant to what is just and what isn’t.

To believe the big guns will see a reduced bonus is naive. We all pay the fee for the Farley estate to sniff more coke and party it up. Random guess! But prove me wrong, show me the 90% donation rate and I’ll kiss your ass and call you an internet god! Trek will increase prices and others will follow suite. After all, that 500 lb gorilla follows the 2000 l gorilla and will price to compete with them.

Frivolous is frivolous.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Right on biscut!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I heard the estate of John Belushi was going to sue RockShox. At lease HE was funny and original.

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mohrgan View Post
    I wonder why Harley Davidson never sued Specialized over the "Fatboy " name? The irony there...
    No shit eh?
    Specialized sues everyone else...

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Yes, hence the " ". Required reading in like 7th grade. We can now add seer to his many talents.
    I think he was referring more to your "Merica" line when Bill Shakespeare clearly meant it as a British (and beyond) problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

turtles make me hot
    I know a whole family of Farleys and they're all skinny as rails. None of this makes any sense to me.
    I like turtles

All fat, all the time.
    It makes perfect sense, it's a $$ grab.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I know a whole family of Farleys and they're all skinny as rails. None of this makes any sense to me.
    I hear they are next in line to be sued. Obviously they are trying to embarrass the estate.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    Maybe NASA should pay up for using the name “Challenger” for a space shuttle. They sold merchandise at their gift shops.
    I'm sorry, are you saying that NASA is offering products to the public? Challenger is not a person's likeness either. Talk about red herrings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen W View Post
    I was wondering what other places the Farley name could have come from and that makes a lot more sense. Aside from it being some time since the comedian passed away, he seems to be the opposite image of what Trek were promoting the Farley as since they were wanting to show the Farleys as fast capable all year round bikes.

John
    2014 Trek Fuel Ex 8
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2016 Trek Stache 7

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    It makes perfect sense, it's a $$ grab.
    I was kidding. I meant I was confused because I know skinny Farleys.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I hope that none of you who agree with this lawsuit plan to purchase a Trek any time soon, wonder where the money will come from?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That's not what I said. They used the name to promote their bike. It'd be like calling a new overbuilt 4x4 humvee/FJ/jeep type of vehicle the "Vin Diesel".
    Nope, not the same at all, Trek didn't call the bike "Chris Farley". Contrary to your point, I could totally see a (diesel-powered) ORV called the "Diesel", just keep Vin off of there.

Even if there is a likeliness, it's a garbage lawsuit. I would have fought this lawsuit if I was backed with lawyers like Trek is, make them do their job. Trek had already claimed it was named after a town and they had a patent on the name. What would be next, would the town of Farley come after Trek?
    Last edited by LuckyCharm4x4; 1 Week Ago at 12:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggus Duckus View Post
    I think he was referring more to your "Merica" line when Bill Shakespeare clearly meant it as a British (and beyond) problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I find both quotes applicable.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm4x4 View Post
    I hope that none of you who agree with this lawsuit plan to purchase a Trek any time soon, wonder where the money will come from?
    I won't be purchasing a TREK any time soon, because of their full-court press for e-MTB's, but that is a different kettle of fish altogether. This was just a nuisance lawsuit, and I bet TREK has much deeper than the Farley estate does, but the optics of it were not good in the eyes of Joe Public.

Thingamejigger
    What about poor old, Heinz....

Farley's Rusks Banana

turtles make me hot
    Trek shoulda said they named the fat bikes after Sheriff Farley in My Cousin Vinny. Could have avoided all of this.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Trek shoulda said they named the fat bikes after Sheriff Farley in My Cousin Vinny. Could have avoided all of this.
    Because Hollywood lacks hungry lawyers? The production company would have been all over that as soon as it left the mouths of the Trek lawyers. It’s a money grab plain and simple. The Farley family is running out of money.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I read elsewhere that the lawsuit came down to Chris' state of residence at death. Trek argued he was a resident of IL at death, a state that at the time did not recognize after death publicity rights. The family argued he was a resident of California when he died so California law should apply. The settlement was confidential, so hopefully it was just a donation to charity or something.

I don't blame the family. The association was beyond obvious. If the tables were turned, do you think Trek would not protect its trademarks? To me, the outcome of all this is Trek looks kind of incompetent to not have a legal agreement in place beforehand to market a product using a famous person's name, even if they thought they could get away with it.

All fat, all the time.
    Everyone in the world named Farley should be pissed at trek!

/kidding

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mt2u77 View Post

I don't blame the family. The association was beyond obvious. If the tables were turned, do you think Trek would not protect its trademarks? To me, the outcome of all this is Trek looks kind of incompetent to not have a legal agreement in place beforehand to market a product using a famous person's name, even if they thought they could get away with it.
    Or, it looks silly that people can potentially invoke the wrath of the govt because of a collection of letters.

Cycologist
    So some of us think one can basically trademark a family name? I never made the connection. I do have to wonder if Chris would have cared.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Joke

mtbr member
    Never have I associated the Trek Farley with Chris Farley. lol. What a joke.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    What did you think it stood for?

mtbr member
    A bike name... Do you go around relating everything in life to someone's last name?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

turtles make me hot
    If someone made a bike with my last name on it and it was a cool bike, I'd buy one.

My last name happens to be the same name as a show about a serial killer that was very popular a while back.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    If someone made a bike with my last name on it and it was a cool bike, I'd buy one.

My last name happens to be the same name as a show about a serial killer that was very popular a while back.
    You should sue!

turtles make me hot
    You should sue!
    Naa. Actually, I'd go pick up a pizza and the conversation would go like this...

Name? Dexter. Cool! Like the serial killer! Yeah, like the serial killer.

Someone on my side of the counter would look at me thoroughly confused and slightly afraid. Guess they didn't have Showtime.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Naa. Actually, I'd go pick up a pizza and the conversation would go like this...

Name? Dexter. Cool! Like the serial killer! Yeah, like the serial killer.

Someone on my side of the counter would look at me thoroughly confused and slightly afraid. Guess they didn't have Showtime.
    Amazing show!

turtles make me hot
    Amazing show!

I was a huge fan.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What does any products name stand for?

I never thought that far, but sorta thought it sounded like an old farmer.

This type of frivolous BS is killing this country. And not just in the legal system.

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by racefit View Post
    What does any products name stand for?

I never thought that far, but sorta thought it sounded like an old farmer.

This type of frivolous BS is killing this country. And not just in the legal system.

Hey. Going to East Setauket at 8:30. Want in?
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    I could swear I remember some early advertising that mentioned something about them naming it after the hometown funnyman, raucous and fun. Maybe it was in a review or something though. I'm from Madison, and locally I think it was well known since Trek is just a short drive away. I can see why the family needs to protect the rights to his likeness. Seems silly though, like it could have been made into a positive for both sides rather than a ticky tacky legal issue.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Bikeradar mentions that it was named after Chris. Would be interesting to see if there were any early adds that made this association, or if it was just something that the company reps told the reviewers.

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/gea...arley-8-49426/

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Bikeradar mentions that it was named after Chris. Would be interesting to see if there were any early adds that made this association, or if it was just something that the company reps told the reviewers.

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/gea...arley-8-49426/
    Well whether true or not that gave all the ammunition that was needed for them to go after Trek.

Now truly I think more that it was a topic of discussion after the name was decided. Someone mentioned it, next place like Bike Radar ran with it. And of course Bike Radar added even more ammunition by their comments regarding it.

But its comes down to money. There are SO many things that can be associated with the name Farley. TV shows, history etc.

Trek likely settled because the association had been mentioned at some point. And once the door was opened it was capitalized on.

Not cool for cyclists because who pays for it in the end, any of us that own or buy a Trek.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RAKC Ind; 3 Days Ago at 11:50 AM.
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    Well whether true or not that gave all the ammunition that was needed for them to go after Trek.

Now truly I think more that it was a topic of discussion after the name was decided. Someone mentioned it, next place like Bike Radar ran with it. And of course Bike Radar added even more ammunition by their comments regarding it.

But its comes down to money. There are SO many things that can be associated with the name Farley. TV shows, history etc.

Trek likely settled because the association had been mentioned at some point. And once the door was opened it was capitalized on.

Not cool for cyclists because who pays for it in the end, any of us that own or buy a Trek.

Well then, if Trek could keep their mouth shut and control their business, there'd be no problem. One of the things that would have to be shown in the lawsuit was the intent to name the bike after this specific person, that it merely wasn't a coincidence, so things that Trek advertised or Trek employees said.

Bikeradar's quote would have to be substantiated, not just something that they decided on their own. While the reaction to label a lawsuit frivolous is very tempting, when you actually sit through something in court, as I have, there generally has to be a leg to stand on or the other party looks really bad, has to pay for court and lawyer fees for the other side, and opens themselves up to counter-suit. Without all the facts, it's way too easy to guess you know what's going on.

While YOU may not feel bad if a bike company named a bike after your son or father that died, I can see that might put someone off. You never know what kind of personal demons people have to deal with. While I don't think it necessarily is bad to name the bike the Farley, it is something I would have expected them to coordinate with the estate, before going forward with it.

because GIANT
    same

I had zero inclination to relate Trek Farley in any way to Chris Farley
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Just his family trying to cash in, simple.
    Current Bike:
    Felt DD 10 Fatbike 2016
    Past Bikes:
    Cube LTD SL 27.5 Blackline 2015

mtbr member
    Not a Chris Farley fan by any means here, but considering the unusualness of it as a bike model name and the tendency in general to brand fat bike stuff in obesity themed names, it seemed pretty obvious (and clever) to me who/what Trek was referring to.

Farley Minnesota, yeah, right. Because everyone relates the town with fat biking. Nice try Trek.

That said,they probably should of run it thru legal before they decided to use it.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Well then, if Trek could keep their mouth shut and control their business, there'd be no problem. One of the things that would have to be shown in the lawsuit was the intent to name the bike after this specific person, that it merely wasn't a coincidence, so things that Trek advertised or Trek employees said.

Bikeradar's quote would have to be substantiated, not just something that they decided on their own. While the reaction to label a lawsuit frivolous is very tempting, when you actually sit through something in court, as I have, there generally has to be a leg to stand on or the other party looks really bad, has to pay for court and lawyer fees for the other side, and opens themselves up to counter-suit. Without all the facts, it's way too easy to guess you know what's going on.

While YOU may not feel bad if a bike company named a bike after your son or father that died, I can see that might put someone off. You never know what kind of personal demons people have to deal with. While I don't think it necessarily is bad to name the bike the Farley, it is something I would have expected them to coordinate with the estate, before going forward with it.
    I understand why someone would be angry in this case, dont get me wrong. But things like the fork recall being used makes it hard to take that much terribly seriously.

It was said by trek at some level, so they opened that door.

I need to read up more on this but so far it sounds way too much like an attempt to cash in more than anything.

I was a fan of Chris myself. Never made the association but makes sense. Fat bikes= big and FUN!!! He was a big guy and most of the time fun to watch.

Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Who is Chris Farley?

Will Farley Davidson sue them next?

Should Trek sue the Gene Roddenberry estate for the name Star Trek?

Hmmm. My last name is the same as a number of products out there. Guess I better hire a lawyer!