No one an idea?
    email wheelsmfg.com
    They are pretty good at helping out

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Danke, Junge! So I'll do.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    He folks, Peter answered me and offered quick help what concerns the dereilleur hanger.
    Is anyone able to say which adapter do I need for the back? Want to install a 180 mm disc from Hope. For the front I used a adapter from PM 160 to 180 mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon fatty-k-img_20180827_1802557.jpg  

Chinese Carbon fatty-k-img_20180829_2136577.jpg  

Chinese Carbon fatty-k-img_20180815_2038260.jpg  

Elitest thrill junkie
    The rear is 160 PM, so you need 160 to 180.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Looking at jumping aboard. Anybody have a Readers Digest version of the important/relevant posts in the past 40 pages? I have built a few bikes up in my lifetime but only every 10+ years or so. By that time everything changes. What was standard 5 years ago is obsolete today. i.e. Sram has a DUB crankset they are currently pushing as the new standard. Maybe?, maybenot.

Anyway I am looking at 1x12 and my main concern is getting chainline optimization. I am planning on a 197/150 build.

Although I have good history with Shimano, I believe I will be doing mainly Sram drivetrain and Shimano brakes. (Even though Shimano is coming out with their 1x12 version "soon". ) Ice Tech brakes with metallic pads are unrivalled IMHO.

The only real chainline info I found is here in a quote from earlier in this thread.
    "If you read back a couple pages I just answered that. The 100mm bottom brackets with 190/197 rear need a bunch of spacers. With the 120mm bottom bracket you need less spacers. BUT... there was an issue with Rockshox(sic prolly meant Raceface) not including the correct spacers, but if you contact them they will send out. Otherwise mine has been working just fine and chain-line is great using one 2.5mm BB spacer on non drive side, and then one of their 11.5mm spindle spacers on drive side. With a 100mm BB you need both 11.5 spacers on each side, plus all 3 BB spacers. The spindles are the same length for both a 100mm BB, 120mm BB, 190 rear, or 197 rear. Its just a matter of spacer"

Thanks in advance for any up to date advice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    The rear is 160 PM, so you need 160 to 180.
    Okay, thanks Jayem. But as you can see I don't have the little piece as shown on the picture. Who can help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon fatty-adapter.jpg  

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Okay, thanks Jayem. But as you can see I don't have the little piece as shown on the picture. Who can help?
    You need that part, it's supposed to come with the frame. The purpose is so you can run the brake in the forward or rear dropout position.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Yes, I know. But it got lost somehow. I let the frame painted and cannot say whether it was on the frame before - like the plastic clips for example. In any case it is not there. Shit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Has anyone this piece left or some measures for me?
    Maybe I'll tinker some by myself. Maybe with the help of this:
    https://r2-bike.com/SHIMANO-Adapter-...SABEgLKd_D_BwE

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Has anyone this piece left or some measures for me?
    Maybe I'll tinker some by myself. Maybe with the help of this:
    https://r2-bike.com/SHIMANO-Adapter-...SABEgLKd_D_BwE
    Am I to understand that XM Carbonspeed can not get this part for you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    No, they cannot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I've read/heard that mtrbtools.com is pretty good at making custom things. Maybe reach out to him and see what he can do? otherwise a friend that has a machine shop nearby?

You may be onto something with the shimano flat mount brake adaptor, but I think you might not have the adjustability options with that. but for $20 it is probably your easiest best shot even if it doesn't work.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Is Carbonspeed the main Chinese manufacturer in full suspension fat bike frames. That will deal with DIY'ers?

And while we're at it... Can someone enlighten me as to their linkage design versus the design that is used on Pivot or Trek? What is the name of this linkage?

Thanks,

Tom

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Any deals on a carbon frame & rigid fork right now? I'm looking for a 26"x4.8 compatible frame. I saw the post on the FM197 for $350 and emailed xmcarbon speed. Thanks in advance !

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142