Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 3727
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I think the 120mm would be too long for the ip-018 frame. I have the 100mm Bluto and it pushes out the rake a bit more than I like.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I wish who ever makes the ip-018 frame could make the following changes.

Modify the lower chain stays so that 5.0 tires clear

Add 5mm to the bottom of the head tube so that Bluto clears

Change the rear axle bolt machining depth to leave more carbon material

If they did this you could do anything with this frame

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Maybe one more thing make the frame corrected for the 120mm Bluto

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vin-sanity View Post

I have asked peter about all those things.. his answer was.. "there are no plans to change the mold" So.. it looks like we are stuck for now. I might just wait on a frame till they change, or just bite the bullet an go FM190.. but has anyone tried a bluto on a FM190 yet???
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vin-sanity View Post

What he said! Tempted to purchase one now but willing to wait for improvements.

Please,an actual review from those who have saddle time!

mtbr member
    Can anyone tell me the STOCK axle to crown measurement on the Dengfu FM-190 frame? A 120mm bluto fork looks to be at 531mm unsagged, and 25% sag would bring it to a 501mm axle to crown. Interested to see what the fm-190 geo was designed around... and how a 120mm fork would change it... So far I like everything about the FM-190 except the geometry of the head angle

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    468 or 480?

mtbr member
    also, has anyone tried a 100mm spaced crankset running 1x on any of these carbon frames? Such as the dengfu? since it has a 100mm BB?

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    also, has anyone tried a 100mm spaced crankset running 1x on any of these carbon frames? Such as the dengfu? since it has a 100mm BB?
    There is definitely one on here, and it only had 0.5mm of clearance between crank and chainstay. And the crank hit the chainstay under power. So beware. Search this thread and you'll be able to contact the owner about which model of frame and crank it is.

dvn
    mtbr member
    I have an X9 100mm crank on my IP-010. It is close to the chainstays but no rubbing issues.
    Chinese Carbon fatty-0821141837_resized.jpg
    "Either way it doesn't really matter, I just got back from a bike ride."
    > dbhammercycle

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    That is a little too close for comfort for me. Especially when you factor in chainstay, bb she'll and crank arm flex under load.

What's the outside to outside distance of the chainstay in this areas? Just wondering if it is a wide stays or narrow q-factor or both that is contributing to this low clearance.

mtbr member
    Got ya.. ya I think I'll just stick to a 190 spaced crank.. I think Ozzy was gonna try 170 spaced cranks on his FM-190... So, I am still stuck between these 2 frames.. would just like to know how the 120mm bluto would change the GEO of a FM-190..

@ Kidd are you saying the FM190 was based on a 468 or 480mm axle to crown??

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Re: Chinese Carbon fatty

Quote Originally Posted by dvn View Post
    $657 shipped including the 197 end caps
    These are by far the cheapest 65mm carbon wheels. It would appear though that they only come with a 135mm front hub.
    Any way to adapt the 135 to 150 on the power way hubs?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The prints used to be on the eBay ad. For some reason the new ads don't have it. Sorry, I think the a2c is 468mm

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas
    ; I think Ozzy was gonna try 170 spaced cranks on his FM-190... So, I am still stuck between these 2 frames..
    also looking forward to Ozzys review. about to pull trigger on FM190

it's just baby phat..

IP-018 in NJ

hello all. been a LONG time since i've posted anything on mtbr. picked up a IP-018 size 18" from Bella at xmiplay. chose this because of the geometry mostly. very happy with the quality. I was a little worried about the unknowns such as rear hub width, thru axels and bb widths. Some guessing and some research and a little patience was needed. I still need to install the derailleur cable.. but almost done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon fatty-fatty-1.jpg  

Chinese Carbon fatty-fatty-2.jpg  

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker View Post
    hello all. been a LONG time since i've posted anything on mtbr. picked up a IP-018 size 18" from Bella at xmiplay. chose this because of the geometry mostly. very happy with the quality. I was a little worried about the unknowns such as rear hub width, thru axels and bb widths. Some guessing and some research and a little patience was needed. I still need to install the derailleur cable.. but almost done.
    Nice. Gonna weigh it?

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    How wide of a tire can the Speeder Cycling FB02 frame fit?

I know there are two versions (190 and 170) but I think they are both 100mm BB.

Is the width of the BB what really determines the clearance of the rear tire?
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

Loser
    And total cost? That's another nice looking fatty, love these things.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    How wide of a tire can the Speeder Cycling FB02 frame fit?

I know there are two versions (190 and 170) but I think they are both 100mm BB.

Is the width of the BB what really determines the clearance of the rear tire?
    i had fb02 but ended up selling it. the problem with the yoke is that it is oddly shaped. i believe if there was a smooth transition from chainstays to yoke, there wouldnt be problem fitting larger tires. however at the transition the angle is too steep, thats why it wouldnt clear side knobs. there was enough room to the apex of the yoke for larger diameter tires.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    i had fb02 but ended up selling it. the problem with the yoke is that it is oddly shaped.
    A picture to illustrate brankulos post:
    Chinese Carbon fatty-ip010_clearance.jpg
    This is the 190mm FB02/IP010 with HuskerDu on 90mm rims and a Chinch crank with 28T. About 12mm clearance between yoke and tyre. There is probably room for some tweener tyres like Snowshoe 4.5, Dillinger 5 or Spezialized GC but I havent tried yet.

Now have a look at the CAD drawing:
    Chinese Carbon fatty-screenshot-2014-11-15-00.51.24.png
    Something is not right compared to my picture. It looks to me like they have designed the 190mm frame around the crankset for a 170mm hub?

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by aizu1 View Post
    Nice. Gonna weigh it?
    28lbs exactly with pedals and gear cable installed, finally!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker View Post
    28lbs exactly with pedals and gear cable installed, finally!
    I've been following this thread since the beginning but have never posted. I couldn't help but notice that judging by the 1st of your two pictures, it looks as though you've got Surly fatbike tubes in your tires. You could lose over a pound by using downhill tubes, and over 2lbs by going tubeless, which would bring your bike to under 26 if not even 25 lbs! Overall, sweet looking bike! I like the lines on yours much better than the versions with the sweeping top tube. Thanks for my Friday night bike fix!

Fat & Single
    Build complete ! Went together without any issues, just need to buy a new Hope brake hose for the rear as it is not long enough to tie to all the mounting points under the BB, currently stretched over the top of the BB until the new hose arrives.

Yes, Next SL cranks with the 100mm spindle for 170mm frames, there is about 2-3mm on each side, I removed the crank protector boot from drive side but will be able to put it back on as there is not much flex.

Weighed in at 11160g, will be in the 10's when I source some lighter thru axles, the Chi supplied ones are near solid. Not much else I can lighten up on the bike... will go the 4.8" Schwalbe Jumbo Jims when they come out in Jan, that should bring it down to 10kg

Buds on 90mm rims are bloody big tyres !!!

Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Build complete ! Went together without any issues, just need to buy a new Hope brake hose for the rear as it is not long enough to tie to all the mounting points under the BB, currently stretched over the top of the BB until the new hose arrives.

Yes, Next SL cranks with the 100mm spindle for 170mm frames, there is about 2-3mm on each side, I removed the crank protector boot from drive side but will be able to put it back on as there is not much flex.

Weighed in at 11160g, will be in the 10's when I source some lighter thru axles, the Chi supplied ones are near solid. Not much else I can lighten up on the bike... will go the 4.8" Schwalbe Jumbo Jims when they come out in Jan, that should bring it down to 10kg

sweet

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Ozzy you just won !

That is THE best looking fatbike I have ever seen.
    And thats coming from someone who's personal choice would have been matte black with red accents.

Thanks for the inspiration that there are other colour choices than black out there.

Fat Biker

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    In hindsight would you have gone with a wider crank ?
    Or was this the clearance / Q-factor you were aiming for ?

Or are you gonna real world test it and decide then ?

For me I would need to go wider due to the weird angle my feet sit at when pedaling. I would hit all four stays for sure with that kind of clearance.

Fat Biker

Loser
    Nice looking bike!

mtbr member
    This is the response i got from wendy about the dengfu FM190 about running a bluto and what the axle spacing actually is.. If the info is on here i missed it.. Dear jon

It is 190mm axle, we have the spacer on it

In fact i am not sure your fork if can fit for our fat frame

Costs shipping to USA is $100 by EMS

Best wishes

Wendy

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ozzy, your fatty has just become my new screen saver and inspiration. Damn, that is one sick looking bike. Sorry in advance, I'm replicating your build.lol

mtbr member
    This is the response i got from wendy about the dengfu FM190 about running a bluto and what the axle spacing actually is.. If the info is on here i missed it.. Dear jon

Best wishes

Wendy
    i think she is saying she isnt sure
    anyways, i just placed my order for frame/fork and some other stuff. cant wait.

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    Very nice looking machine. Classy.
    So where is a good source for lite thru axles? I also want to ditch my Chinese ones.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    make them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon fatty-dsc_0175.jpg  

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    Those are sweet! How did you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mortenste View Post
    make them

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

That looks awesome Ozzy and a fantastic weight as well. Nice job.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I agree. Very nice bike Ozzy. What size is the seatpost clamp...36.9mm?

With regard to the rear hub spacing. Ozzy's 197 fatsnow hubs worked fine in his fm190 frame. Jay_ridgeride's 19x chosen hubs needed a spacer in his fm190. Are the chosen hubs (sold by Dengfu) being made to fit the wrong spec (187mm?) that the IP010/fb02 (as Geir68 said "the tight ass one") frame was also built for? Did someone already figure this out?

I'm more than ready to pull the trigger on an fm190 frame. Just want to get a suitable matching wheelset. I'm willing to go with another supplier for the wheels if needed.

mtbr member
    fm190 is 197spaced. dengfu rear hub is 190mm plus comes with 3.5mm spacer for each side. i finally clarified this with wendy and pulled trigger this morning. i also got their seat post clamp for the frame. not sure on the size. she said it is "matching"

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Good info... thanks brankulo! I'll be sure to ask for a "matching" seatclamp too.

dvn, is the hub width the same on your 190mm wide chosen hub (w/ thruaxle) as it is on the 190/197mm wide powerway hub (w/ thruaxle endcap in place)?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    I have carbon wheelset with powerway hubs. Given that most sellers have those, it might be possible that those will fit.
    Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for 190mm caps, my set came with 197mm caps, and no way in hell it fit into dropouts of my IP-10.
    I think balor (with help of google) answered my question.

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseboy44 View Post
    I've been following this thread since the beginning but have never posted. I couldn't help but notice that judging by the 1st of your two pictures, it looks as though you've got Surly fatbike tubes in your tires. You could lose over a pound by using downhill tubes, and over 2lbs by going tubeless, which would bring your bike to under 26 if not even 25 lbs! Overall, sweet looking bike! I like the lines on yours much better than the versions with the sweeping top tube. Thanks for my Friday night bike fix!
    Thanks for the tips. Will give the DH tubes a try! I'm really more of a DHer anyway!

mtbr member

Re: Chinese Carbon fatty

Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    fm190 is 197spaced. dengfu rear hub is 190mm plus comes with 3.5mm spacer for each side. i finally clarified this with wendy and pulled trigger this morning. i also got their seat post clamp for the frame. not sure on the size. she said it is "matching"
    Has anyone fit a bluto to a FM190 frame yet? Seems like the other frames.. such as FB02 and Ip018 etc.. are based off a 470mm A2C measurement which would slack out the Ip018 too much and the FB02 might be a little better (half a degree steeper) but the FM190 looks like it could get away with a longer A2C as it sits at 70.5 ha stock... what do you think? Wondering what the ha would end up at and if a bluto would clear the downtube... Wendy hasnt been.any help in that department..

See my adventures here..

Fat & Single
    Cheers guys !

Not sure where to get the lighter thru axles yet, been busy this weekend so have not had time to look.
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by tschewy View Post
    I agree. Very nice bike Ozzy. What size is the seatpost clamp...36.9mm?
    Yes, verniers across the frame was 36.9mm.

The seatclamp came with the frame, I didn't ask for it so they probably send one out with each frame. I used a 10g Carbocage clamp
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yes, verniers across the frame was 36.9mm.
    I have built three china carbon frames that all had a 31.6mm seatpost with a 34.9mm seatpost-clamp.
    Was the 36.9 a typo? Did you mean 34.9mm?

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Geir68 View Post
    I have built three china carbon frames that all had a 31.6mm seatpost with a 34.9mm seatpost-clamp.
    Was the 36.9 a typo? Did you mean 34.9mm?
    No typo, I didn't measure it until tschewy asked as the Carbocage fitted first go.

The diameter of the seat tube is exactly 36.9mm.
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71 View Post
    That looks awesome Ozzy and a fantastic weight as well. Nice job.
    What size frame? I am curious about sizing and would appreciate some input on fit.

Fat & Single
    17.5" frame, I am 5'9".
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thx! I like the shorter TT on 17.5 but am 5' 11" would have to run a much longer seatpost.nice build, she is a looker!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Best wishes

Wendy

Hi, can you provide the web site that you bought your Dengfu fm190 from. Thanks

mtbr member

First Tracks with Speeder FB02