Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carbon Fatbike at Iceman

14K views 81 replies 43 participants last post by  Greenfin 
#1 ·
Little birdy told me that a company out of Colorado will be at Iceman race expo hall with a USA made carbon snowbike??? anyone?

#56 ·
We don't know how much of an offset there is yet, but they made it asymmetrical, so you can run clown shoes with bfl's or abbott &costello and still run it 2 x 9 with no chain rub. We'll know more when we ride one next week.

carry on...

#57 ·
We need to bombard the chinese carbon frame makers with requests for a fat carbon frame.
Anyone found the price of this yet ? With the first line reading "Custom ENVE carbon tubeset" the price might read like a telephone number.

Very very nice :thumbsup:

#79 ·
They said the crank spindle was welded. I hope they have better luck than I did, it was pretty hard on the Frank n Beans when it broke.
I wonder who you got that pic from sir:nono:

The bike was nice in person
It did not have the same look as a molded bike because it was constructed by wrapping carbon at the joints to create a lug, kind of like the bamboo bikes
the bike was a prototype and he said he was working to get a smoother finish
the owner of the bike is going to install xx1 on it when it becomes available

Sj

#70 ·

Willum Asym 170? I don't get it

Makes pretty good sense I think. In a way it's the best of both worlds and the worst of both worlds. Best of both worlds because you get more clearance and don't end up with a dramatic offset on the frame also, you don't have to get a new hub size made. Worst of both worlds because you’re limited to a few hubs and still have an offset to deal with. I bet the offset is about 9-10 mm.
Big offset like a Moonlander isn't bad, but it creates some limitations when you want to run 29 rims or narrower fat rims that don't have enough width for adequate spoke offset.

The Bud / Lou combo on 100 mm rims are the max tire sizes available right now and to have proper chain to tire clearance and have a full cassette in the back you want a frame spaced wider than 170. Upper 180s or 190s ish. This 170 plus asymmetrical is just another way of accomplishing that.

G
#76 ·
me believes so as it took yet a 2nd email to get a reply and based upon my inquiry together with a project he has yet to adventure into for a guy that does CUSTOM artwork the very least he could have done is engage into conversation about the project, timeline etc, etc. he had no way of knowing i could wait 6 months and up to a yr for completion, so yes bad communication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.