mtbr member
    May 2005

Can I run a Bud in front on Marge lite rims?

I'm about to make some changes to my Pugsley. Where I live (BC, Canada) I'm riding mostly muddy, rooty, wet snowy technical singletrack. I'm going to put a Salsa Enabler fork on to make the steering angle more slack, build a new set of wheels that are lighter than the stock ones, and I'd like to run a Bud tire in the front for more suspension or squish. I'm currently running Nate tires front and back on the stock Marge DH rims and the tires grip fine.

My question is; Can I run a Bud tire on the front with Marge lite rims? Or should I run a Rolling Daryl lite on the front?

I'm going to run a Nate and I'd like to run a Marge lite on the back. I usually run the tires pretty soft, so that any less pressure makes the rim hit on roots and rocks. Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Human Test Subject
    yes

Fat & Single
    Bud on ML - 111mm clearance needed without tyre wobble.

Here a link to the bud & Lou thread.

Heres a picture
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    YEP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    I'm about to make some changes to my Pugsley. Where I live (BC, Canada) I'm riding mostly muddy, rooty, wet snowy technical singletrack. I'm going to put a Salsa Enabler fork on to make the steering angle more slack, build a new set of wheels that are lighter than the stock ones, and I'd like to run a Bud tire in the front for more suspension or squish. I'm currently running Nate tires front and back on the stock Marge DH rims and the tires grip fine.

My question is; Can I run a Bud tire on the front with Marge lite rims? Or should I run a Rolling Daryl lite on the front?

I'm going to run a Nate and I'd like to run a Marge lite on the back. I usually run the tires pretty soft, so that any less pressure makes the rim hit on roots and rocks. Thanks in advance for all your advice.
    The pug fork has 117mm of clearance so not to worry. A WB snowpac has a bunch more @ 126.5mm and comes in two AC lengths, one for the OEM pug and the other replaces the salsa enabler so yet another option for weight reduction while in the process albeit a costly one.