mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Calling all Fat Bikers in Southern Maine

Hi guys and gals,

In an attempt to get myself back out on the bike again, I bought myself a fat bike back in Dec. It was fun riding on the dry singletrack that we had before the snow, but now that we have some of the white stuff, I've taken a few rides on the snowmobile trails near my house here in Saco.

Anyone else riding here in Southern Maine? If so, where do you go and what are your current trail conditions?

Me? I've mostly been riding around the Heath area, but I'm now looking for suggestions of other places to ride. As of this this morning (Sun 1/29/2012), the ground is only about 1/2 covered with snow and the temp has been high enough to destroy the snowpack I was able to ride on last weekend. My attached pic is from 2 weekends ago when we had the first of this years snow. Lets hope it cools off soon and we get another covering, otherwise, I'll have to investigate taking my bike down onto the beach (saco bay) at low tide - which I suppose would be fun in itself.

What about everyone else?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all Fat Bikers in Southern Maine-img_2518.jpg