RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Which Brooks saddle do you recommend for a snowbike?

I want one for my carver fat bike and not sure if there is one style over the other that is more comfortable. There are a ton to choose from and would like to narrow it down. Thanks!

Home of the Gravedigger
    There are a lot to choose from for sure. I have a B17 narrow, a Ti Swift and a Alpe Du Huez Team Edition. Out of all those I like he Alpe the best. I have been thinking about a B15 because it appears to be the longest saddle. Brooks are a little tricky to fit because he rails are very short. Sometimes you need an offset post to get a good fit. I love them but it is hard to justify the cost of the Ti versions eventhough they are tons lighter. For a Brooks newbie I think I would recommend the B17 narrow.

mtbr member
    I use both the B17 and the Flyer (the sprung versionj of the B17) on my fleet. For hardtail bikes, I use the Flyer, which is what I use on my Pugsley. I've heard complaints that the springs on the Flyer can set up a bounce resonance with the tires, but I've not noticed it. Usually if I'm bouncing with my pedal strikes then either my tire pressure isn't right or I'm not pedalling right.

Point of note: Brooks Saddles don't like to get repeadedly soaked. I run either an under-seat tool pack or a rear fender to keep the underside somewhat dry. Or tie a plastic shopping bag around the seat if it's real sloppy out. I also just cut a real thin plastic guard that fits under my seat, which keeps it from getting soaked.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have a B17 Imperial on mine, I love it.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Just put a Swift Chrome on my pug, takes me back to when i was kid on road bikes.
    Like the look of the Colt saddle but havn't heard or seen any feedback on it!
    Leave nothing but footprints & take nothing but photographs.

no dabs
    Oct 2008
    What shape is your butt... wait, no, don't answer that! but you get my point.... I switched back to a plastic saddle for the cold weather from my b17 though. The leather seemed to take like 20 minutes to stop sapping the heat out of my nether regions.

mtbr member
    I like my b17.

mtbr member
    B17 works for me.
    "Ride what you love, love what you ride"

This place needs an enema

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The flyers (like a b17 with springs) have longer rails and are more adjustable fore and aft. I have a flyer with a slot cut in the middle which I copied from an imperial. I call it the imperial flyer. My second choice would be an imperial and my third choice would be a champion flyer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I used Brooks Swallow and B17.
    B17 better than Swallow for me.
    Now I use Fizik Kurve. This saddle made like Brooks and works similar.
    Kurve better than both Brooks.

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    I have a steelswallow like it, beautiful, can slide on it easily, comfortable. But I just can't recommend for mtb. I found the steel rails bend too easily in crashes, need to run a seat post that won't interfere with underneath leather pinning, shorts get caught on bag tabs in rear, and leather doesn't like water, dirt, or rocks.
    The Swallow is now on my cross bike that gets ridden a handful of times per year.

mtbr member
    I have a B17 (short) on my Pug, shorter nose seems to work well with snow pants.