turtles make me hot

Bought the Lake 303s Today.

Went to the bike shop today to get either Sidi Diablos or Lakes. They had the Diablos for 299 and the Lakes for 269.
    I've been lusting after the Sidis for a couple of years now and was sure that's what I was going to get. I tried them all on in size 49 and 50 and the Lakes were the hands down winner in feel and comfort.
    I got home, installed some cleats and just went for a quick night ride. It was only about 33 degrees... Not awful, but my feet were toasty warm. Not bearable like my regular shoes with two pairs of socks, downright warm and comfortable. I can't wait to do some 15 or 20 degree rides now.
    I like turtles

Vagician
    Good looking boot. I wonder what improvements have been made over the previous 302's. The 303's aren't even on their website?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bought the Lake 303s Today.-lk-mxz303-xb.jpg  

turtles make me hot
    Yeah.. That's them exactly. I have no idea how they were before but I can honestly say it"s some of the best money I ever spent.
    I like turtles

get down!
    What size do you normally wear and what size did you go with? I wear a 49 too.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

turtles make me hot
    Currently, I wear a 50 in Shimano shoe. I wore 49 in a Specialized shoe. The Sidi Diablo was better in a 49 than a 50.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2007
    303 has buckle instead of velcro.

T.W.O
    I wish they made something for flats this high quality. 5.10 needs to make a winter shoe
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Very close to getting a pair of these. Just debating which size to order. They look super nice!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've been augmenting my 302's with external insulation. I had some insulating fabric sewn into a large pair of rain covers. When it comes time to upgrade I'm going to have to try boots on in person so I have space to keep my insulation on the inside.

Hole Maker.
    Does the 303 cuff actually seal around your ankle? My 302s don't. They collect snow/slush/mud like crazy. I know gaiters will solve the problem, but it's still annoying. Stupid oversight in an otherwise pretty good boot.

JYB
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    pfox90...I agree. A winter 5.10 boot would rock. I'm amazed at how much warmer my feet stay in my regular old 5.10s.